The decline of modern comics...

Discuss anything vaguely M&M related here, such as comics, movies, and action figures.
saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Re: The decline of modern comics...

Postby saint_matthew » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:15 pm

King Snarf wrote:They've been going outside of traditional circles and hiring guys like Brian Clevinger (Atomic Robo, 8-Bit Theater) and Chris Hastings (Dr. McNinja) to write comics for them.

It doesn't matter how many great writers one has on staff if one refuses to let them be creative. That would be like getting the worlds most famous scientists from through-out history & then getting them to work in a homeopathy clinic.... It doesn't matter that you have the complete Manhattan Project working there, homeopathy is still not science.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

King Snarf
Paragon
Paragon

Postby King Snarf » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:14 pm

Well, I see more creativity currently from the House of Ideas than I do from the Distinguished Competition.
Arriba Flight es muy macho!

Visit my blog! http://teentemplars.blogspot.com

Visit my author page!

heridfel
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby heridfel » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:04 am

King Snarf wrote:Yeah, I don't think Marvel is as bad as you're making it out to be. They've been going outside of traditional circles and hiring guys like Brian Clevinger (Atomic Robo, 8-Bit Theater) and Chris Hastings (Dr. McNinja) to write comics for them. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they went and hired the kid who writes Axe Cop to do a story, and that would be THE GREATEST COMIC EVER.

Actually, I'd rather not see Ethan Nicolle take on more work. I was one of the people who put money down to appear in Bearmageddon as an extra. That was several months ago, and the story still hasn't gotten to a place where extras would be showing up. I think he has good intentions, but he should really cover his current commitments first.

Edit: I know that Malachai is the writer for Axe Cop, but I'm pretty sure that child labor laws mean that he'd be working through a partnership with his brother.

Return to “Sidekicks Lounge”