Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman

Discuss anything vaguely M&M related here, such as comics, movies, and action figures.
thaumonuclear
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman

Postby thaumonuclear » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:43 am

I'm more worried about how they're going to include both Batman and Wonder Woman in this movie with us knowing nothing of how they're involved with this universe yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wonder Woman doesn't actually show up until the final scene, or in the post credits sequence.

Stormson
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Stormson » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:29 pm

The creators for this film series already have shown they don't care about the aesthetics of the characters, with Laurence Fishburne as Perry and Jimmy Olsen being a girl. Why so many people are so surprised they went away from expected for WW is beyond me, at this point.

Dragonblade
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Dragonblade » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:50 pm

Stormson wrote:The creators for this film series already have shown they don't care about the aesthetics of the characters, with Laurence Fishburne as Perry and Jimmy Olsen being a girl. Why so many people are so surprised they went away from expected for WW is beyond me, at this point.

Jimmy Olsen wasn't in the movie. The female Daily Planet employee named "Jenny" is not a female Jimmy Olsen. That was an internet rumor debunked before the film even came out.

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sidious » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:19 am

DC has already lost the movie wars with bad Man of Steel and worse Green Lantern. They need to refocus on to TV animated and live action. They need to be reminded that all those awesome cartoons from the 80's were nothing more than 30 minute commercials and exploit the hell out of it.
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

greycrusader
Superhero
Superhero

Postby greycrusader » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:03 am

Man of Steel was a box office success, however.

I agree the DCAU and even the YJ and original Titans animated series were the best DC superhero universe stories told in recent years.

Batman:TBATB was also awesome Silver Age goodness.
The Contingent: When all other super teams fail...

death tribble
Disciple
Disciple

Postby death tribble » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:07 am

Ben Affleck as Batman ?
And now this ?

At least Affleck is saying that he was not good in that. Gadot is not physically imposing enough to be Wonder Woman. In My Not So Humble Opinion.
Dangerous when cute

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:44 pm

greycrusader wrote:Man of Steel was a box office success, however.

As i've said before, a failed Batman or Superman movie is going to be more successful than a successful movie of literally any other DC character, money-wise.

death tribble wrote:Ben Affleck as Batman ?

The difference being that Ben Affleck can actualy play Batman... He has the acting range, talent & can physically pass himself off as Batman.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Stormson
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Stormson » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:30 pm

Dragonblade wrote:
Stormson wrote:The creators for this film series already have shown they don't care about the aesthetics of the characters, with Laurence Fishburne as Perry and Jimmy Olsen being a girl. Why so many people are so surprised they went away from expected for WW is beyond me, at this point.

Jimmy Olsen wasn't in the movie. The female Daily Planet employee named "Jenny" is not a female Jimmy Olsen. That was an internet rumor debunked before the film even came out.

I don't really care what the internet rumor mill said or what was 'debunked', to the casual audience, the daily planet side kick character was named "Jenny" instead of Jimmy, and that's what most people I know who watched the film thought was done, and was most likely the intent as well.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:26 pm

Gal Gadot's casting doesn't bother me as much as Zach Snyder's continuation as director. We'll get more kick ass fight scenes with no heart behind them.

But THIS fills me with hope that they'll all SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLALALALALALALALALALOW!!!! WHAT JOHN STEWART...IS...COOKIN'!!!!

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/dwayne-the-rock-johnson-chatting-with-warner-bros-/1100-147818/
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Jason Langlois
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Jason Langlois » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:24 pm

Casting Dwayne Johnson as Wonder Woman would have been some really out of the box thinking, I have to say.
Currently reading: Hawkeye, Daredevil, Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny Avengers, Fatale

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:34 pm

Sounds like a brilliant comedy skit ;~)

From what little I've seen of Gal Gadot I have to say I'm worried. Admittedly she might be able to bulk up to look like a warrior woman, but if her acting is as bad as it was in the fast and furious movies...

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:38 pm

Arkrite wrote:Sounds like a brilliant comedy skit ;~)

From what little I've seen of Gal Gadot I have to say I'm worried. Admittedly she might be able to bulk up to look like a warrior woman, but if her acting is as bad as it was in the fast and furious movies...

Personally I'm hoping they cast the Rock as the Floronic Man. Then he and Vin Diesel can finally settle who is the best sentient piece of wood.
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

hypervirtue
Zealot
Zealot

Postby hypervirtue » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:35 pm

I just can't see this.

She doesn't fit the body type of profile of Diana.
One can lift a rock with pure power, but a pure heart can move mountains.

Darrin Kelley
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Darrin Kelley » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:07 pm

Appearing in the Fast & Furious movies isn't acting. That doesn't qualify her at all.

It should be a qualifier for the casting directors to mark her off the list and go "next!"

Beleriphon
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Beleriphon » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:51 pm

The_Watchman wrote:
Arkrite wrote:Sounds like a brilliant comedy skit ;~)

Personally I'm hoping they cast the Rock as the Floronic Man. Then he and Vin Diesel can finally settle who is the best sentient piece of wood.

Dwayne Johnson is plenty entertaining when playing to his strengths. He's often funny and certainly capable in a physical role. I'd like to see him as Namor personally.

Return to “Sidekicks Lounge”