Supernatural CW TV show [SPOILERS]

Discuss anything vaguely M&M related here, such as comics, movies, and action figures.
EL
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: On this side of insanity, or was it that side? *shrugs*

Supernatural CW TV show [SPOILERS]

Postby EL » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:30 pm

Anyone watch this? I watched it for the first time tonight. Kind of interesting show. I am curious if someone can fill me as to what it is all about, how long has it been on, etc?
Last edited by EL on Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THAT was for my MOM, you Son of a B!TCh!!! -Dean Winchester

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:40 pm

Grab some popcorn...

Story starts many years ago... a "supernatural entity" kills the boys' mother and burns their house. The father becomes obsessed with finding and killing the creature. He starts researching and training himself and the two boys to be "Hunters". Those individuals that hunt down the things that go bump in the night.

<Flash Forward> Sam (Younger brother) leaves the hunting lifestyle and goes to lawschool. He leaves his older brother, Dean and his father to have their own fun... Until one night, Dean shows up on his door and tells him that their father has not returned from a "hunting" trip. Dean convinces Sam to help him find their father. They track down some leads and find their father's journal, which apparently, is like his bible. But no daddy...

Dean returns Sam to college and tells him that he is going to continue to look for their dad.

The Sam goes in to his bedroom and is waiting for his girlfriend to come out of the shower. He looks up and finds her pinned to the ceiling.. She screams and suddenly bursts into flames. ... Just like their mother did.

Now the two brothers are hunting down any leads, any stories that might help them fins their father. Also Sam appears to be manifesting some form of latent precog ability.

There you go....

Now go set your VCR and have fun!!

Check out this link also..

http://supernatural.warnerbros.com/?lid ... pernatural
Emerald Flame's 3e Builds
Emerald Flame's 2e Misc. Builds

The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort, but where they stand at times of challenge and controversy. -Martin Luther King, Jr.-

Sentinel99
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Sentinel99 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:38 pm

I have seen every episode on the night it first airs. I have lucked out with my work schedule. Supernatural attempts to fill the X-Files shaped hole in my heart. It doesn't succeed, but I appreciate the effort. Oh, and tonight was a great night to start, as this was an exceptional episode.
Nevermind.

The Trapster
Luminary
Luminary

Postby The Trapster » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:44 am

Not X-FILES! (I never liked it.)

I is Kolchak: The Night Stalker for the New Millenium!
I like this show much much!

It can actually be scarry. :twisted:
A man without religion is like a fish without a bicycle.

The Trapster
Luminary
Luminary

Postby The Trapster » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:45 am

The Trapster wrote:Not X-FILES! (I never liked it.)

It is Kolchak: The Night Stalker for the New Millenium!
I like this show much much!

It can actually be scarry. :twisted:
A man without religion is like a fish without a bicycle.

tomorrow
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby tomorrow » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:30 am

I like this show too.

My own gripe with it is... for two brothers that supposedly have intimate knowledge of all things supernatural. They are dense as all get out sometimes. Especially when it comes to the "mom-killing" demon they're after. They really do have some serious "WELL DUH!!!" moments.

Sentinel99
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Sentinel99 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:33 am

tomorrow wrote:They are dense as all get out sometimes. Especially when it comes to the "mom-killing" demon they're after. They really do have some serious "WELL DUH!!!" moments.

Yeah, but it's the supernatural. You have to consider that it's going to be unpredictable.
Nevermind.

farik
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Location: I'm lost in some distant part of Nebraska, on a ship -- a LIVING ship

Postby farik » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:00 am

I agree it's more like the original Kolchak (vastly superior to the drivel they named Kolchak).

I think the show has done a good job of establishing that intimate knowledge of the supernatural is a far cry from extensive knowledge of the supernatural.
One man's hobo booze is another man's fiiiine sippin' wine.

Oh, and by the way, I don't use drawbacks in my game, just complications.

Ronin
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Postby Ronin » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:04 pm

If this is becoming 'Kolchak: The New Generation', I'll have to watch an episode or two, I enjoyed the original Kolchak movies.
"That was back when comic book worlds were places you wanted to escape to... not from." - Squirrel Girl

tomorrow
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby tomorrow » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:15 pm

I know. But the whole...

"A supernatural entity killed my mom in my nursery... and I have supernatural powers."

"Right."

"Wait, you don't think maybe the two things are connected do you?"

"Nah."

"Oh, good... I was worried there for a second."

"No problem."

"Ha, see... look... it is related. I knew it.... well, sorta... I'm kinda slow even though I was like supposed to be really smart."

"Well shucks, I quess it is... ah well... you live, you kill demons, you learn."

Sentinel99
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Sentinel99 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:28 pm

tomorrow wrote:

"A supernatural entity killed my mom in my nursery... and I have supernatural powers."
"Right."
"Nah."
"No problem."
"Ha, see... look... it is related. I knew it.... well, sorta... I'm kinda slow even though I was like supposed to be really smart."
"Well shucks, I quess it is... ah well... you live, you kill demons, you learn."

Maybe that was just Dean trying to keep Sam from freaking out and worrying?
Nevermind.

farik
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Location: I'm lost in some distant part of Nebraska, on a ship -- a LIVING ship

Postby farik » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:42 pm

Sentinel99 wrote:
tomorrow wrote:

"Right."
"Nah."
"No problem."

Maybe that was just Dean trying to keep Sam from freaking out and worrying?

That's my thought as well. The failure to make the connection is more about denial than intellect. The two brothers have established differenbt views on the supernatural. One sees it as the unexplained but tries to draw a clear distinction between humans and mosters the other tries to see things more as good vs evil and is willing to kill evil people just as much as monsters.
One man's hobo booze is another man's fiiiine sippin' wine.

Oh, and by the way, I don't use drawbacks in my game, just complications.

EL
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EL » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:00 pm

farik wrote: One sees it as the unexplained but tries to draw a clear distinction between humans and mosters the other tries to see things more as good vs evil and is willing to kill evil people just as much as monsters.

If that line is true I'm sold on this show just to see the interaction between the brothers.

tomorrow
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby tomorrow » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:40 pm

Oh, the interaction between the brothers is the whole friggin show... I swear.

I mean... the special effects are... "eh".
The creepy factor waxes and wanes from really spooky to bleh.
The overall storyline seems a bit simplistic and traditional.

But the two brothers, both their individual characterizations and their interactions. Priceless. They are most definately the legs keeping this show walking. And that's not an insult to the show... I mean... its a show getting by on its "characters". Near unheard of lately.

EL
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EL » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:42 pm

tomorrow wrote:Oh, the interaction between the brothers is the whole friggin show... I swear.

I mean... the special effects are... "eh".
The creepy factor waxes and wanes from really spooky to bleh.
The overall storyline seems a bit simplistic and traditional.

But the two brothers, both their individual characterizations and their interactions. Priceless. They are most definately the legs keeping this show walking. And that's not an insult to the show... I mean... its a show getting by on its "characters". Near unheard of lately.

very cool

Return to “Sidekicks Lounge”