Earth 2: World's End

Discuss anything vaguely M&M related here, such as comics, movies, and action figures.
Darrin Kelley
Zealot
Zealot

Earth 2: World's End

Postby Darrin Kelley » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:12 am

When I saw the first article for this, a part of me died. They described it as a "gritty" series. And I've had enough "gritty" to last me a lifetime.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/299183-dc-comics-announces-new-weekly-series-earth-2-worlds-end

Needless to say, I won't be picking that up. And I'll likely cancel my current following of Earth 2 and World's Finest in response. Because I just feel that I have reached my "enough" point.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Earth 2: World's End

Postby saint_matthew » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:08 pm

Welcome to the NU52 fatigue, you are about 2 years late, but we've been waiting for you. :lol:
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

K.G. Carlson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby K.G. Carlson » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:16 am

Ugh. They can barely keep up with monthly titles; now they're going to start springing weeklies? Great.
"More powerful than a locomotive...and about as subtle!"
--Joker

Say goodbye to gravity, say goodbye to death
Hello to eternity and live for every breath
-The Wicker Man, Iron Maiden

Darrin Kelley
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Darrin Kelley » Sun May 04, 2014 10:30 am

Batman Superman #9 was delayed by a month. The third part of a four part story. Which disrupted the flow of that storyline completely. I had the 4th issue of the storyline a full month before they finally put out the third part. Which was annoying to say the least.

So no, they can't live up to a regular release schedule. So I agree that the mere concept of them trying to do weeklies is beyond dumb.

Return to “Sidekicks Lounge”