Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Justice League film [2015]

Discuss anything vaguely M&M related here, such as comics, movies, and action figures.

Postby Strict31 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:37 am

Kit wrote:
Strict31 wrote:

Thank Darkseid! He seemed to be putting together a horribly cast, horribly conceived movie. Of course, I doubt it'll get any better in his absence, because this movie is a bad idea.

I agree, but I'm curious: what makes it a worse idea than an Avengers film or is that an equally bad idea?

I think the mahor difference is that Marvel is setting up the characters involved in the Avengers with movies that establish and develop them. And it helps that they're casting the same actors to play the same characters from movie to movie.

In short, the difference is coordination. Organization. The idea that one hand knows what the other is doing...and actually cares what the other hand is doing.

The same cannot be said of this JLA film.
Strict31
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Location: a huge, ever-growing, pulsating brain that rules from the centre of the ultraworld

Postby BlackDragon1200 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:52 am

Strict31 wrote:
Kit wrote:
Strict31 wrote:

Thank Darkseid! He seemed to be putting together a horribly cast, horribly conceived movie. Of course, I doubt it'll get any better in his absence, because this movie is a bad idea.

I agree, but I'm curious: what makes it a worse idea than an Avengers film or is that an equally bad idea?

I think the mahor difference is that Marvel is setting up the characters involved in the Avengers with movies that establish and develop them. And it helps that they're casting the same actors to play the same characters from movie to movie.

I personally believe this is a bad move from Marvel. While it is true that Iron Man was a big hit the same probably won't be true for all the other lead in movies. Already the Hulk has failed to impress and i wouldn't be surprised if Thor and Captain America follow suit.

What this potentially means is that you will loose a large chunk of the general public as they realise that this new movie is based on a movie they either didn't really enjoy or didn't even bother to see.

As for balancing new characters i think New Frontier proved that it is entirely possible to create a Justice League movie which introduces lesser known heroes while weaving an interesting story.
Fear is the mind killer...

BlackDragon1200
Zealot
Zealot

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australasia, Earth, Sol, Orion, Milky Way...

Postby Strict31 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:01 pm

I thought the new Hulk was received much better than the previous one.

But regardless, I'm gonna stick with the idea that building all your movies and characters around an actual, consistent plan is generally a better idea than not.
Strict31
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Location: a huge, ever-growing, pulsating brain that rules from the centre of the ultraworld

Postby GrayPumpkin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:30 pm

Strict31 wrote:I thought the new Hulk was received much better than the previous one.

But regardless, I'm gonna stick with the idea that building all your movies and characters around an actual, consistent plan is generally a better idea than not.

I agree, the new Hulk movie was a lot of fun, I do think it only did OK Box Office wise, probably do to how bad the last one was. But on it's own merits the new Hulk film ranked up their for me, easily better than FF movies and Spider-man 3.
GrayPumpkin
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Strict31 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:29 am

GrayPumpkin wrote:
Strict31 wrote:I thought the new Hulk was received much better than the previous one.

I agree, the new Hulk movie was a lot of fun, I do think it only did OK Box Office wise, probably do to how bad the last one was. But on it's own merits the new Hulk film ranked up their for me, easily better than FF movies and Spider-man 3.

The newer Hulk flick is in the top twenty, just above Wanted and Superman (1978), which edged the previous Hulk movie out of the bunch. It grossed slightly more in domestic and worldwide than the previous Hulk flick, and movies that have made less (much less) have scored sequels.

So, while it's certainly modest compared to Spider-Man and Batman, Marvel's likely to be satsified with how it did.
Strict31
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Re: JLA Film

Postby Kit » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:28 pm

You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves.

--Christopher Marlowe, Edward II, Act II, Scene I
Kit
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Re: Justice League film [2015]

Postby saint_matthew » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:04 am

ahuh. I'll believe that they are actually going to make a JLA movie, when i see it. Frankly the JLA movie sounds like its going to be our version of this: http://badassdigest.com/2012/10/18/aww- ... xt-summer/
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov
saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Previous

Return to Sidekicks Lounge