Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Young Justice Animated Series

Discuss anything vaguely M&M related here, such as comics, movies, and action figures.

Re: Young Justice Animated Series

Postby King Snarf » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:54 am

Not a glitch. It's being reported that they're suspending DC Nation for at least a month.
Arriba Flight es muy macho!

Visit my blog! http://teentemplars.blogspot.com

Visit my author page!
King Snarf
Paragon
Paragon

Postby American_Patriot » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:22 am

King Snarf wrote:Not a glitch. It's being reported that they're suspending DC Nation for at least a month.

Any word as to why?
American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)
"Sometimes... success is measured just one little victory at a time."
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Kit » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:45 pm

Damn. they're likely to pull the Sunday AM repeat too then
You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves.

--Christopher Marlowe, Edward II, Act II, Scene I
Kit
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Postby King Snarf » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:53 pm

American_Patriot wrote:
King Snarf wrote:Not a glitch. It's being reported that they're suspending DC Nation for at least a month.

Any word as to why?

Because this is what they do. CN executives are evil. DC Nation is done until 2013.
Arriba Flight es muy macho!

Visit my blog! http://teentemplars.blogspot.com

Visit my author page!
King Snarf
Paragon
Paragon

Postby thaumonuclear » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:36 pm

Was that after 2 whole episodes this season? And I hadn't had my dVR set up yet for either?
thaumonuclear
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Psistrike » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:12 pm

thaumonuclear wrote:Was that after 2 whole episodes this season? And I hadn't had my dVR set up yet for either?

Yeah, they had a lot of episodes for Young Justice, then 3 month hiatus, then 2 episodes more of YJ and 2 episodes of the new season of GL. Now another 2.5 to 3 months more on hiatus!! The CN executives in charge of the schedule need to have their heads examined. :x
Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby RuleofThree » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:42 pm

Some people are guessing its because DC might have lost the rights to the Milestone characters (Icon, Rocket, and Static, etc.) and because of that, they can't air YJ since those characters (especially Static) are slated to appear. And because YJ is pretty much the crown jewel of the DC Nation block, they pulled the whole thing until this gets resolved or brand new eps are created... which unfortunately may not be anytime soon. :-(

EDIT: This is regurgitation of pure speculation, based on something Scott Lobdell said at Las Vegas Comic Expo: http://fourcolormedmon.blogspot.com/201 ... stone.html
RuleofThree
Hireling
Hireling

Postby saint_matthew » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:58 pm

Psistrike wrote:
thaumonuclear wrote:Was that after 2 whole episodes this season? And I hadn't had my dVR set up yet for either?

Yeah, they had a lot of episodes for Young Justice, then 3 month hiatus, then 2 episodes more of YJ and 2 episodes of the new season of GL. Now another 2.5 to 3 months more on hiatus!! The CN executives in charge of the schedule need to have their heads examined. :x

An by 2.5 to 3 months you mean its not coming back until January of next year.

Why the hell are thye messing with us?
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov
saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby darktouch » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:32 am

The official answer seems to be "20th Anniversary" but that smells like BS to me.
darktouch
Hero
Hero

Postby saint_matthew » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:17 am

Not sure why it was taken off, but here is the sitch, right from the horses mouth, direct from there facebook feed, passed on through the Young Justice feed.

Cartoon Network
Fear not, DC NATION fans! Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice will return in January with new episodes, only on Cartoon Network!.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov
saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:31 am

It appears as if i have got my hands on a copy of todays cancelled episode... Hmmmmmm.

Check back with you in 15 minutes once i've checked its integrity.

EDIT: Yep i got it. An it seems i was wrong, it is the Reach working with The Light.

EDIT 2: In mostly unrelated news DC is releasing 2 more trades of Young Justice at the start of next year, as well as a trade of the original Impulse stuff... Which seems kind of weird to do it now.
-Isaac Asimov
saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Mr Mole » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:05 pm

saint_matthew wrote:EDIT: Yep i got it. An it seems i was wrong...

I've taken a picture of this post as a memento. I shall cherish it for many, many years... :wink:

...Now I'm left dreading (in a good way) what consequences will come from Miss Martian scrambling Aqualad's brain... Did not see that coming... :shock: ... But it's an excellent way to tie together some of the lingering plot threads from this season...

As Willy Wonka said: "The suspense is terrible... I hope it'll last."
Mr Mole
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby saint_matthew » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:10 am

Mr Mole wrote:I've taken a picture of this post as a memento. I shall cherish it for many, many years... :wink:

Yep. You can tell your kids you were there the day i was wrong: I mean, it was bound to happen eventually. :lol:

Of course now it would be hilarious if the real bad guys turned out to be The Dominators & the Reach is just a double bluff: Oh how i would gloat.

Mr Mole wrote:...Now I'm left dreading (in a good way) what consequences will come from Miss Martian scrambling Aqualad's brain... Did not see that coming... :shock: ... But it's an excellent way to tie together some of the lingering plot threads from this season...

I saw that coming right at the start of that episode, when i realised that M'Gan was not aware of what had transpired... In fact my brain didn't so much guess it was going to happen, so much as beg "please, please, please."

Mr Mole wrote:As Willy Wonka said: "The suspense is terrible... I hope it'll last."

It will last... At least until January by the looks of it.
-Isaac Asimov
saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Kit » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:24 pm

You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves.

--Christopher Marlowe, Edward II, Act II, Scene I
Kit
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Postby RuleofThree » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:00 pm

So it looks like some absolutely weird business decision by Cartoon Network, and not a publication rights issue (as the article said, print and broadcast rights are separate). LAME.
RuleofThree
Hireling
Hireling

PreviousNext

Return to Sidekicks Lounge