Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Young Justice Animated Series

Discuss anything vaguely M&M related here, such as comics, movies, and action figures.

Re: Young Justice Animated Series

Postby Psistrike » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:04 pm

saint_matthew wrote:Anyone want to hazard a guess who the lights alien partners are? I'm guessing "The Dominators." The obsession with the meat-gene, the dislike of magic, the fact that they are aliens.

Based on another episode where we saw a glimpse of one of their weapons, it looked a lot like the sonic cannon which Blue Beetle uses. So I'm guessing it could be The Reach.
Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Cobalt » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:20 pm

Since Im currently out of town and away from CN, but have pretty much based my weekly schedule around watching YJ and the GL animated, and now I can't.. Would someone give me a quick rundown of today's (10/6) episode?
Cobalt
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby DSumner » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:22 am

saint_matthew wrote:Anyone want to hazard a guess who the lights alien partners are? I'm guessing "The Dominators." The obsession with the meat-gene, the dislike of magic, the fact that they are aliens.

It's the Reach. Here's a list of what they next few episodes are about, as well as their US air dates.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

A
H
E
A
D

October 13, 2012 - "Before the Dawn" - On a covert mission to rescue some of its own, The Team, Blue Beetle and Miss Martian uncover shocking secrets… and devastating truths!

October 20, 2012 - "Cornered" - The Team is trapped inside the Hall of Justice for a cage match against a brutal alien gladiator!

October 27, 2012 - "True Colors" - When the REACH forms a devil’s alliance with Lexcorp, Robin leads a squad undercover to investigate.
"There is no such thing as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Death is certain, life is not."
DSumner
Hero
Hero

Postby DSumner » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:23 am

Cobalt wrote:Since Im currently out of town and away from CN, but have pretty much based my weekly schedule around watching YJ and the GL animated, and now I can't.. Would someone give me a quick rundown of today's (10/6) episode?

Shoot me a PM.

DSumner
Hero
Hero

Postby Mr Mole » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:27 pm

And the conspiracy gets yet another twist, with Wally questioning Dick on whether Kaldur might, in fact, be a triple agent, working against them... :mrgreen:

If I didn't already know the mysterious aliens were The Reach, I would have been thinking Dominators after all the Meta-Gene talk... Although the "meat" reference doesn't really scream "Dominator" to me...

Absolutely loved seeing Artemis taking on the Tigress identity... It fits perfectly with her parents' (no longer canon) history... My only twinge of uneasiness is that is reminds me a bit too much of Hawkeye's time spent as Ronin, another archer turned ninja... But my uneasiness passed quickly...

Overall, a very solid episode... :D
Mr Mole
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Kit » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:51 pm

Isnt Tigress a bad identity for her to adopt if she's supposed to be dead?
You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves.

--Christopher Marlowe, Edward II, Act II, Scene I
Kit
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Postby Mr Mole » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Kit wrote:Isnt Tigress a bad identity for her to adopt if she's supposed to be dead?

In real world terms? Most certainly yes.

Fortunately, however, in the Young Justice universe, I don't recall hearing of her mother ever taking any costumed identity other than the Huntress.

In now-non-canon DC, there was a woman (Paula Brooks) who used both Tigress and Huntress identities and married the Sportsmaster. I don't recall all the specifics, but in at least some iterations, they had a daughter who went by Artemis and later Tigress.

It's a nice touch, I think.

The biggest change (at least from what I recall of the comics i read in the '80s) is Cheshire being part of the family. Still, I really like what they've come up with.
Mr Mole
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Kit » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:29 pm

Thanks. I thought mom had gone by tigress in the cartoons. Guess not. That being the case, i agree that it's a nice nod to the comics.
You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves.

--Christopher Marlowe, Edward II, Act II, Scene I
Kit
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Postby DSumner » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:42 pm

Mr Mole wrote:In now-non-canon DC, there was a woman (Paula Brooks) who used both Tigress and Huntress identities and married the Sportsmaster. I don't recall all the specifics, but in at least some iterations, they had a daughter who went by Artemis and later Tigress.

When Artemis Crock (Sportsmaster and Huntress/Tigress daughter) debuted in Infinity Inc. She initially went by the name Artemis, and she was a member of Injustice Unlimited (along with the new Icicle, the first Icicle's son).

Mr Mole wrote:The biggest change (at least from what I recall of the comics i read in the '80s) is Cheshire being part of the family. Still, I really like what they've come up with.

Yeah, Cheshire debuted as a throwaway villain in Teen Titans Annual #2, where she was working for the Monitor.

DSumner
Hero
Hero

Postby danelsan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:45 pm

I think the Reach is the most likely identity of the Light's new ally, the cartoon has been hinting pretty heavily at it.

remember the episode in which the bomb blows up the island? The planet-strip-mining alien says the Light's new ally, their competitor (so, likely a people in the same or similar "business") hired Lobo and one of them says he had been attacked by one of said competitor's warriors - and the heroes who fought him included Blue Beetle.
My DeviantArt page
Batgirl avatar by ArtNerdEm
danelsan
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby saint_matthew » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:32 am

danelsan wrote:I think the Reach is the most likely identity of the Light's new ally, the cartoon has been hinting pretty heavily at it.

Hmmmmmm, thats kind of why i think its not the Reach. That an the fact that the little gremlin dudes keep on refering to Blue Beetle as "The Adversary." (or whatever they were calling him). Darksied seems to be working with some earth villains but i don't think its him either. An Brainiac is out because we saw him in the YJ comic (issue 20).

My bet is on the Dominators. After all it was the Dominators who started that whole Meta-Gene thing back in "Invasion" in the comics.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov
saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Arkrite » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:42 am

Didn't care for this episode at all.
Bad enough all the heroes are jobbing, but the collars?

Oi, why doesn't every superhero/supervillain/police officer in existance carry them if they're so cripplingly effective?
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby saint_matthew » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:51 pm

Okay, so i'm stuck with cognitive dissonance. I love Impulse in the cartoon, but i absolutely hate his costume. Its just so terrible.

Also i just realised that there currently seem to be three sides in this final season

The Heroes: JLA & The Team

The Light: Who seem to be working with the little scavanger aliens & a bigger badder alien. They seem to be using intergang as a weapon.

The Others: Sportsmaster, who seem to be working with the reach, but i don't think he's working with The Light anymore.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov
saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Dr Archeville » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:19 am

My DVR said YJ (and GL) were on at their usual times (9-10am EST).

But what actually aired & was recorded were two eps of Dreamworks Dragons Riders of Berk. :x
Come join us at http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/index.php ! (current status: site and chat stable, Wiki pending)
Dr Archeville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Psistrike » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:40 am

Dr Archeville wrote:My DVR said YJ (and GL) were on at their usual times (9-10am EST).

But what actually aired & was recorded were two eps of Dreamworks Dragons Riders of Berk. :x

Same here, probably a schedule glitch on their end due to the CN 20th anniversary deal today. :|
Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

PreviousNext

Return to Sidekicks Lounge