Elements of Ruin - The Challengers

The only place to discuss Super-Powered by M&M products.
monele
Henchman
Henchman

Elements of Ruin - The Challengers

Postby monele » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:47 pm

I didn't find a specific topic for this, so here it is.

I've started reading through with Dreamweaver and have some questions:

- She can summon images and creatures from the Dream Realms. Is this represented by the Dreamstuff Blast power? I was expecting a Summon at first, but the blast having Variable Descriptor, I assume it deals with any sort of "attack at a distance", which could include a shadow wolf popping up, biting the opponent and disappearing for example. Is this the intention?

- The tapestry is the entrance to her pocket dimension and is otherwise portable. Is this represented by Dual Size and/or Dimensional Portal?

- Teleport with a Medium of dreamers... how does that work descriptively? Does she (and others) simply "poof" out of existence next to a dreaming person and reappear next to another dreaming person? Is it happening through the Dream Realms then?

Thanks!

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Elements of Ruin - The Challengers

Postby Black Mamba » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:39 pm

monele wrote:- She can summon images and creatures from the Dream Realms. Is this represented by the Dreamstuff Blast power? I was expecting a Summon at first, but the blast having Variable Descriptor, I assume it deals with any sort of "attack at a distance", which could include a shadow wolf popping up, biting the opponent and disappearing for example. Is this the intention?

The images are represented by the Illusion Effect. I would imagine the creatures are represented by the Moveable Create - the character could also Power Stunt a Summon if it were needed for a specific attacking creature.

The Dreamstuff Ranged Attack is more like the idea of someone dreaming about being chased by a car and then getting hit by that car for Damage, or dreaming about getting shot and instead of just waking up the bullet actually hits them.

- The tapestry is the entrance to her pocket dimension and is otherwise portable. Is this represented by Dual Size and/or Dimensional Portal?

Yes. It would seem that the intent is that the Tapestry can be rolled up and moved, thus it gets the Dual Size Feature. Of course the character can also just Dreamdance her way into the Dream Realm with someone.

- Teleport with a Medium of dreamers... how does that work descriptively? Does she (and others) simply "poof" out of existence next to a dreaming person and reappear next to another dreaming person? Is it happening through the Dream Realms then?

It could be described as traveling through the Dream Realm but I envision it more as just leaving one dreamer and appearing next to another without any real movement involved at all. And, to go to someone specific you would probably need Accurate on the Teleport. Otherwise you are just traveling to whatever random dreamer happens to be within the distance you are wishing to travel.
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

monele
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Elements of Ruin - The Challengers

Postby monele » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:07 am

Erg. Very VERY late thanks for this, Black Mamba. I had read the reply back then but missed replying myself :/

I'm back with a question for a different character: Rockhound's Landslide confuses me on one point: "overcome by damage". I just cannot picture how that would be. Isn't she creating a rift beneath other characters? How would damage help with that?

Return to “Super-Powered by M&M”