Vigilance Press-Crime and Punishment!

The only place to discuss Super-Powered by M&M products.
Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Vigilance Press-Crime and Punishment!

Postby Shadowchaser » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Devilish Duos: Crime and Punishment by Jack Norris, Nathan Kahler, and Denise Jones!

Devilish Duos: Kid Kadaver and the Necronaut by Aaron Sullivan, Denise Jones, and Alex Williamson

Devilish Duos: Windsinger and The Williwaw by Steve Perrin and Denise Jones

Due Vigilance: SixGun is now on sale!

SixGun is now available on Createspace for Print on Demand!

Due Vigilance: Black Chapter is now on sale!

Attention! Elements of Ruin: The Challengers is now live! Check out the story and links here!

Beacon City METAs Issue 01 Is now on Sale!

Kaiju Kultists Preview Gallery is now live!

Hey gang! I'm taking the day off from artwork and editing, but I wanted to let you know about some cool stuff we have coming up... and I wanted to ask your opinions on some upcoming projects. First off, the news:

Rick Jones is working on a fantastic Due Vigilance team of Cybernetic Special Ops mercenaries- Six Gun. Got the rough draft in, and I'm really stoked for this one! I can't wait to get the art started.

Jack Norris's "Black Chapter" is a Due Vigilance issue that ties into our first DV: The Oktobermen. Black Chapter is like a mystic Suicide Squad, and includes detailed info on the mysterious "Library" organization... as well as some perks your characters can buy if you want access to the Library's arcane resources. This will help flesh out the "Shadowchasers" side of the Vigilance setting.

Jason "Doctor Comics" Tondro is working on a Due Vigilance team called "The Forgotten Five", an unforgettable team of supervillains left behind after their leader vanished. They are struggling to remain relevant in a modern age, but have strong ties to the SIlver Age. A great team for a Silver Age game or a Modern setting! (Can't WAIT to share some of these characters with you, they're really fun and crazy)

Devilish Duos: Crime and Punishment will offer you a pair of vile villains to be the masterminds behind a crime wave in your city. By Jack Norris.

Vigilance Press's METAs Files will kick off with 10 player-submitted characters, and a bonus article by Jack Norris on how to run a Villain campaign where you can use the "Heroes" in the book as foils for your players!

Also in the works a very special Mutants and Masterminds adventure from Christopher McGlothlin and Lynn Firestone Hill... more on that soon!

That's just a sampling of the upcoming projects we have in the pipeline for Mutants and Masterminds...

Now- The Poll!

We have several "Rules-y" ideas for projects we'd like to do, and I think we'll try to get to them all, but I wanted to find out from you guys which project you'd like to see first!

1) Gang War! - How to run a Players-versus-Gangster Faction story. This project will include writeups on several gangster families to add to your setting, and will have rules for condensing a campaign's worth of players-versus-gangsters interplay into a few sessions. Think of it as a Meta-Game for your M&M campaign that will give you the feeling of Batman taking down a crime family... it might take months of game world time, but only one or two game sessions to play out the drama!

2) Aerial Combat! - Rules for using the vehicles in M&M to create aerial dogfights and pursuit scenes, complete with some sample aerial villains. This would also allow powered heroes to have more meaningful combats with vehicle-using villains. This would also dovetail into future vehicle combat-centric supplements, like a Mecha Omega M&M supplement (Mecha Omega is a Vigilance Press d20-style RPG).

3) Giant-Sized Monster Madness! - Eagle-eyed readers might have spotted references to "The Kaiju Cultists" in our recent "Strange Attractors" supplement. Would you like to see a whole collection of giant-sized monsters to menace your characters with? Guidelines for how to keep track of the chaos on an epic scale? How does a city take damage? How do your heroes stop the "Rampage" in time to save the people?
Last edited by Shadowchaser on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 19 times in total.
James Dawsey, Owner and Publisher of Vigilance Press

Look for Vigilance Press on RPGNow.com and Drive-Thru RPG!

Or check out our website for free previews and podcast links!
http://www.vigilancepress.com/

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Vigilance Press- Upcoming Products and New Poll

Postby Flying Cobra » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:44 pm

(bookmarking, so I might know what to expect...)

freeclint
Cohort
Cohort

Postby freeclint » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:09 am

Aerial Combat vote!
The others sound good, too, though.
Probably the Giant Sized before Gang War, though.

Keep up the good work!
Christian, husband, father and gamer.
My beginning character repository.

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:36 am

Aerial Combat.

I'd prefer if it was part of some larger supplement on chases or vehicles in general, but that's just a wish and not strictly necessary.

Jameson
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Jameson » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:06 am

I would say aerial combat would be nice, but don't limit it to just aircraft and in-atmosphere flight; you could easily cover space combat, likely with minimal rules added or modified. There's been more than just a little outcry for a Sci-fi/Cosmic book, I think if you touch on even a fraction of that you'll gain a lot of potential customers.
Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

Read my M&M product reviews here

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Seems like Aerial combat is a big front-runner here! What specifically would you guys want to make sure was in such a supplement? I have an outline for it already, but I'm curious to see what needs you guys are looking to fill.

Mike5000us
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Mike5000us » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:42 pm

If you expand the Aerial book to include Cosmic rules of engagement I would definitely buy it. What I mean by that is rules for space battles and cosmic levels of play. Super heroes taking on Death stars single handledly, planet/star destroying attacks, planetary reality alteration, and space battles with universal personifications.

Secondly I will love to see a Giant-Sized Monster Madness product. These City damage rules sound real interesting.
"Ah man, I guess I'm just going to have to kill you now!"

PhelanMahoney
Hero
Hero

Postby PhelanMahoney » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:28 am

I have my own prejudices for wanting this but for what I am thinking of, a Kaiju book is most use to me followed by the gang war book. The aerial stuff is just not that interesting to me. But this is just my opinion.

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:11 am

Shadowchaser wrote:What specifically would you guys want to make sure was in such a supplement?

Non-positional combat. By that I mean rules for combat that didn't rely on knowing where you opponent is in a defined tactical sense: while in the current rules you don't necessarily need a map or anything things like Area Attacks still require at least a vague idea of positioning to use them to their best effect. I'd rather not have to do that in a chase.

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:13 am

SilvercatMoonpaw wrote:
Shadowchaser wrote:What specifically would you guys want to make sure was in such a supplement?

Non-positional combat. By that I mean rules for combat that didn't rely on knowing where you opponent is in a defined tactical sense: while in the current rules you don't necessarily need a map or anything things like Area Attacks still require at least a vague idea of positioning to use them to their best effect. I'd rather not have to do that in a chase.

That's a really good point, Silvercat! I'll make a note of that, but I think it'll work nicely with the rules as I have them outlined already.

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:17 am

PhelanMahoney wrote:I have my own prejudices for wanting this but for what I am thinking of, a Kaiju book is most use to me followed by the gang war book. The aerial stuff is just not that interesting to me. But this is just my opinion.

Cool. :)

Funny thing was, I thought the Aerial Combat book wouldn't be high on people's priorities, but that the Gang War one would be number one. Shows me how well I can predict the needs of the market, eh? :)

I'll try and get to all three, but it looks like Aerial Combat is getting fast-tracked.

Jameson
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Jameson » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:24 am

It would be short work to provide a Flight speed rank to Mach speed conversion chart, and that could be useful (each mach speed rank inflicts a damage 1 area effect on fragile object the character passes, breaking glass and the like?)

Expanding the Rules for Space Travel would not be a bad thing either, the current system is pretty coarse. I have been thinking of the same for something I am considering working on, if you'd like to discuss, drop me a PM.

Rules for range in vacuum (probably something like adding 1 or 2 ranks of extended range in "near atmosphere" and more ranks on top for "true vacuum" to show that energy doesn't disperse as much and kinetic weapons don't loose velocity.

Notes on maneuverability of piloted craft versus a powered character. A plane can't spin 180º in atmosphere and keep flying as they were (albeit in a backwards facing way), but a space fighter can. Suggested DCs for certain maneuvers for pilot checks like Immelmann Turns and the like, might also be useful for those who want to make those ranks in Pilot actually matter.
Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

Read my M&M product reviews here

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:35 am

Part of my outline is an idea for modifying "Spotting Range" in vehicles based on the size of the vehicle and the tech level.

In general, the rules I'm working on will not require any changes to the existing builds for vehicles or characters. It means compensating on the rules side for things like Defense and "Presumed Features" for different kinds of vehicles, but that's my approach. We should start playtesting it as early as next week.

PhelanMahoney
Hero
Hero

Postby PhelanMahoney » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:05 pm

Incidentally, when is the print book of October Men going to drop?

freeclint
Cohort
Cohort

Postby freeclint » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:08 pm

I chose Aerial option because you teased vehicle combat stuff. Having run for batman in the Batplane once, and used Brainiac and his ship a couple of times, more to do with those would be awesome.

The space stuff is a good idea, but the non-positional combat (for air, space or water, really) sounds like the best idea yet.
Christian, husband, father and gamer.
My beginning character repository.

Return to “Super-Powered by M&M”