Introducing the BAMF-podcast

The only place to discuss Super-Powered by M&M products.
dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Introducing the BAMF-podcast

Postby dirkgentry2000 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:36 pm

NEW PODCAST

Kenson and Leitheusser stop by to discuss Discuss What is Best in Life...and it turns out that seeing your enemies driven before you and hearing the lamentations of their women come AFTER both RPGs and comics.

We also discuss what the future holds for Mutants and Masterminds and DCA, why a Venture Brothers RPG is unlikely to happen, the joys and trials of licensed properties, the awesome maps and villains in the M&M Game Masters Guide, the future of Green Ronin and what they think of the new DC new 52 relaunch.

Dan Taylor of http://www.herohappyhour.com is our co-host

CHECK IT OUT NOW. ALL THE COOL KIDS ARE DOING IT.

Jameson
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Jameson » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:45 pm

I noticed some audio issues in the first 10-15 minutes that made it very difficult to hear/understand what was being said. I'm not sure if this was on the recording or my system.
Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

Read my M&M product reviews here

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dirkgentry2000 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:49 pm

Jameson wrote:I noticed some audio issues in the first 10-15 minutes that made it very difficult to hear/understand what was being said. I'm not sure if this was on the recording or my system.

We had very sketchy Skype connection for the first 10 or 15. It stabilizes after that

Jameson
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Jameson » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:54 pm

OK, good to know it wasn't me. Shame to have technical issues though. Otherwise, yes, it sounded fine after that and was entertaining. I can understand Steve wanting a break after he finishes the Avengers first season on his blog, I can just imagine the effort involved in writing that.
Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

Read my M&M product reviews here

krypt0nian
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby krypt0nian » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:07 pm

Fun cast. M'glad the sound issues figured themselves out as the company was interesting. :D
~ Rocketed from Krypton ~
@krypt0nian on Twitter
#MNM3e tag represent!

Rhinotaur
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Rhinotaur » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:32 am

krypt0nian wrote:Fun cast. M'glad the sound issues figured themselves out as the company was interesting. :D

Well, three out of four of 'em were fun and interesting...
- Dan (GeekPunk.com)
- Rhinotaur (Rhinotaur.com)

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dirkgentry2000 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:20 am

NEW PODCAST
Game designer Ben Robbins talks about his time as a beta tester AND third party publisher for Mutants and Masterminds 2e, story games, D+D summer camp and his latest game - the acclaimed and innovative world-building, collaborative rpg Microscope

You can buy Microscope here (http://tinyurl.com/3qr9hdx)

You can find Ben's blog here (http://www.lamemage.com/)

NEW PODCAST

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dirkgentry2000 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:25 am

NEW PODCAST! GET IT WHILE IT'S STILL MODERATELY WARM

Walt Robillard, the head of Hazard Studio, stops by - AND - open call - He's looking for writers and artists for RPG products for ICONS, BASH or any system or genre. I suspect that also means M&M3e. You got art or writing chops? He wants to talk to you. You can reach him at kroh01 at gmail dot com.

Also - he talks about their new line of pdfs for the BASH supers RPG, his alliance with Zenith Comics, and also chats a bit about comics.

You can find Hazard Studio products here

You can check out Zenith Comics here

and BASH RPG - the kickass supers RPG that deserves more love - you can find out about here

NEW PODCAST! GET IT WHILE IT'S STILL MODERATELY WARM

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dirkgentry2000 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:01 am

New Podcast Two-Fer

Numbah One:

LISTEN HERE

Charles Phipps joins us to talk about his M&M Setting, Halt Evil Doer and how it's development has continued and thrived on the atomic think tank forum.

We did this interview as a skype call to Charles' cell phone. There are some reception issues in the first 5 or 10 minutes. After that, the signal was strong and the sound quality improves

You can find Halt Evil Doer on RPGNOW here

LISTEN HERE

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dirkgentry2000 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:07 am

Podcast Two-fer!

Numbah two:

Listen here
Well known supers rpg artist DMAC (aka Darren Calvert) joins us to talk about his work in the M&M3e Gamemasters Guide as well as discussing his creative process and specific techniques. He also shares his thoughts on the DC Comics relaunch.

If you're an artist or even just a fan, you won't want to miss this one.

Adrian Smith of Mesozoic Press co-hosts

Listen here

Foreshadow
Hero
Hero

Postby Foreshadow » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:18 pm

On DCUO online and the idea of Marvel Online. I will say I enjoy playing in the legend matches where we can play characters like Cat Woman. I WISH I could play a character with the style and combination of abilities that Cat Woman has in the normal DC game. I suppose it might be possible but I like the of how Marvel might just do something like that.

One thing I think Champions Online has over DC Online is the fact you can customize and DC in an attempt to neuter a persons ability to do that give you a very limiting set of things to make your look. In the end I just accept it and use what is available. They started adding a bit of custom look choices, at a cost, but then I think 'um ok whatever'. It is not like I will get those.

So Marvel just saying 'you can't make characters that look like DC ones or Green Hornet or some oddity look.

I also found it hard to get groups and I like the idea of Instances where you log on and the computer forms a group for you so if your Spider Man there is only 1 spider-man for that instance that might have 4 players.

That might work.

I played DCO for a year, and will be ending my account, though I might still play for free but I have zero interest in all the little upgrades since I have had a 'legendary account' and three level 30's.

I'd try Champions Online perhaps and if they do it Marvel. But then I noticed that Sony offers a fee where I could play DC Online and the new Star Wars (you get a single membership for like 20 bucks a month but can access both games at what is 'legendary' status. That might be the way to go.

If your wondering, yes buy a 1 year. I did the 3 month at a time for 30 bucks = 3 months and in the end I think I spent like 150 so if I do it again I"ll just commit to 1 year, though the Life time thing who knows it might be worth it since these games evolve and say I lose interest for a while I can return (and it does not cost) and try out the new stuff they added like the GL stuff they added to DCO. I'm sure they will do the same for Star Wars, as they do this for all these games.

Rhinotaur
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Rhinotaur » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:32 pm

dirkgentry2000 wrote:Well known supers rpg artist DMAC (aka Darren Calvert) joins us to talk about his work in the M&M3e Gamemasters Guide as well as discussing his creative process and specific techniques. He also shares his thoughts on the DC Comics relaunch.

Darren sounded a lot less like a nerdy gnome than I did with my appearances on the Bamf! podcast. I've been trying to finagle a way to work with the talented "Yoda Boy" for years. Now, that I know his weakness is for monsters... Muhahaha
- Dan (GeekPunk.com)
- Rhinotaur (Rhinotaur.com)

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dirkgentry2000 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:41 pm

Check it out here

Cam Banks of Margaret Weiss Productions joins us to talk about the upcoming Watchtower Report for the smash hit Smallville RPG. We also touch on the upcoming Marvel RPG as well as discussing the Cortex System (and the other games that use it) just a bit.

Stacey Montgomery (aka Princess Stacey on rpg.net forums) is on-hand to co-host as our resident Smallville aficionado.

Check it out here

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dirkgentry2000 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:51 am

New Podcast!

Green Ronin freelancer extraordinaire Chris McGlothlin and Vigilance Press writer Jason Tondro weigh in on all things comic-related (including the new DC titles)

Also, there's a moderate amount of RPG Industry gossip and some speculation on why an Astro City RPG is unlikely to happen.

krypt0nian
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby krypt0nian » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:03 am

dirkgentry2000 wrote:New Podcast!

Green Ronin freelancer extraordinaire Chris McGlothlin and Vigilance Press writer Jason Tondro weigh in on all things comic-related (including the new DC titles)

Also, there's a moderate amount of RPG Industry gossip and some speculation on why an Astro City RPG is unlikely to happen.

Aw yeah! Downloading now!
~ Rocketed from Krypton ~
@krypt0nian on Twitter
#MNM3e tag represent!

Return to “Super-Powered by M&M”