WatchGuard Sourcebook 3e NOW AVAILABLE!!!

The only place to discuss Super-Powered by M&M products.
HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Re: WatchGuard Sourcebook 3e NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Postby HustlerOne » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:15 pm

You know I was thinking of getting this. However I'm concerned about a newer hardcover version that has
even more content. So I'm a bit hesitant since I feel like I would miss out on something later on. So should I
wait for the hardcover? Is the hardcover still coming out?

Foreshadow
Hero
Hero

Postby Foreshadow » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:27 am

Here is what I want. I want that new ultimate hardcover plus a coupon printed insert inside that gives me a code to buy the pdf at a discount. That way I can have both the pdf and book. Is that a possibility?

PhelanMahoney
Hero
Hero

Postby PhelanMahoney » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:55 pm

If there is to be a follow up to the initial book with subsequently released characters I should like to know. As it is I am already considering something that was already proposed with the multiple Deacons scenario.

WatchGuard
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby WatchGuard » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:46 pm

So, here's the "grand scheme" plan:
• We'll continue to release the WG Solos, including some new characters, throughout the year (though most will be one-off re-releases of those in the WGSB).
• I'm working on a cosmic supplement that should be coming your way soon, but I'm still awaiting a good bit of art for some major characters on this one... and the writing isn't finished, quite yet.
• If all goes well, by the end of the year we'll release a Deluxe Hardcover that will include all of the original SB materials (with updates), all of Les Supérieurs content, and all of the cosmic content, to include any pinups, cover art, and possibly some more stuff, but at this point it doesn't look like anything will be exclusive to the hardcover, just an omnibus-style republication.

Hope that helps!!

WatchGuard
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby WatchGuard » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:47 pm

Foreshadow wrote:Here is what I want. I want that new ultimate hardcover plus a coupon printed insert inside that gives me a code to buy the pdf at a discount. That way I can have both the pdf and book. Is that a possibility?

That's a great idea. It's difficult to pull off, though, without the publisher's intervention and most like to be hands-off for these kinds of works. We'll see, though! I'm all for letting folks get the digital edition for free, with the purchase of the physical!!!!

WatchGuard
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby WatchGuard » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:51 pm

PhelanMahoney wrote:If there is to be a follow up to the initial book with subsequently released characters I should like to know. As it is I am already considering something that was already proposed with the multiple Deacons scenario.

Yes, in a sort. The WGSB has already received an update to include 2x new characters that were not in the previous editions (HardKnox and Jax). Les Supérieurs will likely appear as a follow-on supplement, but keeping everything tidily contained within the WG Universe's "Great White North" for now (though they will exist in the same universe and time-space, so crossovers are ENCOURAGED).

Additionally, the cosmic work, currently titled "WatchGuard: The Rise of Regent", will be a separate sourcebook/supplement, that will tie neatly into the rest of the WGU. To include the reappearance of a certain WWII character who went missing...

PhelanMahoney
Hero
Hero

Postby PhelanMahoney » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:58 pm

As a GM I cannot get enough sourcebooks of material to draw from. I may not have any intention of using the universe of Watch Guard as presented but there is no reason I can''t have Sentinel or Tail Gator or someone else enter whatever game I run as a guest star is there? I plan on doing something similar with Halt! Evildoer! As what I plan is more along the lines of Iron Age sensibilities. I can always use more personalities to have at my beck and call.

WatchGuard
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby WatchGuard » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:12 pm

PhelanMahoney wrote:As a GM I cannot get enough sourcebooks of material to draw from. I may not have any intention of using the universe of Watch Guard as presented but there is no reason I can''t have Sentinel or Tail Gator or someone else enter whatever game I run as a guest star is there? I plan on doing something similar with Halt! Evildoer! As what I plan is more along the lines of Iron Age sensibilities. I can always use more personalities to have at my beck and call.

Haha! And have fun all the way! That's what this is about, eh?

PhelanMahoney
Hero
Hero

Postby PhelanMahoney » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:05 am

Basically I am designing my own custom world based at least in part on the comics I was reading in the 80s and 90s. Batman and related titles, the Punisher, Green Arrow, Manhunter as well as stuff like the Amazing Wolfman from Image. alternatively this could a world where humanoid animals developed instead of humans.

Doresh
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Doresh » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:32 am

Looking good so far. The book seems to ooze with personality.

I especially like the extended stat block with the Monster-Manual-esque informations. Doesn't really add too much space, but should definitely save time. I might borrow that idea and add stuff like melee reach, mass and size rank 8)

Dragonblade
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Dragonblade » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:22 am

So is the 3e WatchGuard hardcover out anyhwere for purchase? And do you have a print plus PDF option? I want both, but don't want to pay twice if I can avoid it.... :)

I know Paizo does a print plus PDF option in their store for some of their products plus for some of their third party offerings, so if its a logistics thing, could you set something up through their store?

Foreshadow
Hero
Hero

Postby Foreshadow » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:42 pm

WatchGuard wrote:So, here's the "grand scheme" plan:
• We'll continue to release the WG Solos, including some new characters, throughout the year (though most will be one-off re-releases of those in the WGSB).
• I'm working on a cosmic supplement that should be coming your way soon, but I'm still awaiting a good bit of art for some major characters on this one... and the writing isn't finished, quite yet.
• If all goes well, by the end of the year we'll release a Deluxe Hardcover that will include all of the original SB materials (with updates), all of Les Supérieurs content, and all of the cosmic content, to include any pinups, cover art, and possibly some more stuff, but at this point it doesn't look like anything will be exclusive to the hardcover, just an omnibus-style republication.

Hope that helps!!

Yes, please do that. I will buy the Deluxe Hardcover and pdf (ie combine the pdf either as a bundle on rpgnow.com OR as a single combined pdf). We could go on rpgnow.com and buy the hardcover, pre-order at full price and then get the watchguard bundle. If you use some type of 'deal' it could be just a coupon code when buying the bundle IF you get the hardcover.

Return to “Super-Powered by M&M”