WatchGuard Sourcebook 3e NOW AVAILABLE!!!

The only place to discuss Super-Powered by M&M products.
WatchGuard
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: WatchGuard Sourcebook 3e NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Postby WatchGuard » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:43 am

Leon -- it is I who should be thanking you!! You enabled me to get the 3e set completed while I personally focused on the production side. You rock!!

I should have more information on that Jupiter resin kit soon...! :D

~Charlie~

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby dirkgentry2000 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:36 am

It's really an awesome looking book!

I'm hopeful that a book like this (with awesome writing and production values that are truly Green Ronin level) will be the definitive test of how strong the MnM3e market is for third party products.

WatchGuard
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby WatchGuard » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:30 am

dirkgentry2000 wrote:It's really an awesome looking book!

I'm hopeful that a book like this (with awesome writing and production values that are truly Green Ronin level) will be the definitive test of how strong the MnM3e market is for third party products.

Thanks Mike! It's always better to try & set the bar higher, rather than just meeting it, IMO. As such, we'll always strive to put out something you guys will enjoy, and that we can be proud of... here's to the future!

~Charlie~

PS -- The first supplement is already in development. I've some of the initial art, and wooo! is it gonna be spiffy. :D

AJCarrington
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby AJCarrington » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:50 am

For those interested, print copy now available from Amazon:

WatchGuard Sourcebook

Regards,

AJC

AtomicAge1
Bystander
Bystander

Postby AtomicAge1 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:07 pm

WatchGuard is amazing! I bought the PDF version and love it, great job on it.

Brent!
Brent E. Erwin
Publisher
Ape Entertainent
"Evolution in Progress"

WatchGuard
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby WatchGuard » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:47 pm

AtomicAge1 wrote:WatchGuard is amazing! I bought the PDF version and love it, great job on it.

Brent!

Thanks Brent!!!

Denmarx
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Denmarx » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:16 pm

Didn't I hear on the Vigilance Press podcast that hardcover was under consideration for the WatchGuard sourcebook? Did that end up getting scrapped? What for?

Also, is the WatchGuard book on Amazon definitely the 3e one? I would assume so, but the description doesn't actually say.

At the risk of sounding like a whiny kid asking for too much, is there any chance of getting an executive summary of the WatchGuard universe? I've looked over the web site, the Facebook page, and the RPGNow listing, and I haven't found one. I get the feeling that you've done some cool and creative things, but what I've actually seen appears to be generic superhero stuff. I'm looking for the clincher to get me to spend the money on the book.

Sketchpad
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sketchpad » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:56 pm

While I'm not Charlie, I'll attempt to help you out a bit :)

Denmarx wrote:Didn't I hear on the Vigilance Press podcast that hardcover was under consideration for the WatchGuard sourcebook? Did that end up getting scrapped? What for?

I believe there are plans for a limited edition HC as Charlie had posted here.

Denmarx wrote:Also, is the WatchGuard book on Amazon definitely the 3e one? I would assume so, but the description doesn't actually say.

IIRC, the only book that saw print was the 3e one.

Denmarx wrote:At the risk of sounding like a whiny kid asking for too much, is there any chance of getting an executive summary of the WatchGuard universe? I've looked over the web site, the Facebook page, and the RPGNow listing, and I haven't found one. I get the feeling that you've done some cool and creative things, but what I've actually seen appears to be generic superhero stuff. I'm looking for the clincher to get me to spend the money on the book.

From my view point, I see the WatchGuard sourcebook as a primer for a much richer universe, while leaving enough open for the GM to incorporate the WatchGuard and Summit City into their own campaign :) Considering that Xion Studios has other products on the way backs this up IMHO :) Hope this helps ...

WatchGuard
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby WatchGuard » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:26 am

Denmarx wrote:Didn't I hear on the Vigilance Press podcast that hardcover was under consideration for the WatchGuard sourcebook? Did that end up getting scrapped? What for?

Also, is the WatchGuard book on Amazon definitely the 3e one? I would assume so, but the description doesn't actually say.

At the risk of sounding like a whiny kid asking for too much, is there any chance of getting an executive summary of the WatchGuard universe? I've looked over the web site, the Facebook page, and the RPGNow listing, and I haven't found one. I get the feeling that you've done some cool and creative things, but what I've actually seen appears to be generic superhero stuff. I'm looking for the clincher to get me to spend the money on the book.

First off, thanks to Sketchpad for the follow-up! :)
Let me take your questions in order:

1 - Sketchpad is correct, there will be a deluxe hardcover in 2012. The current plan is 3Q. It will combine the original sourcebook, WatchGuard: Les Superieurs (a Canadian superteam), WatchGuard: Teen Force 5, and WatchGuard: The Reign of Regent, as well as some bonus materials. Look for Les Superieurs later this year (COMING SOON)!!

2 - The WatchGuard Sourcebook posted on Amazon.com is indeed 3E. If you prefer the 2E version, please check it out on Lulu. http://bit.ly/uQ77rg

3 - You're not whining at all. I understand your concern. The WatchGuard is a complete universe that is primed in this first sourcebook, giving you an introductory view into the whole world (i.e., their Earth), and detailed backgrounds for each of the first 44 major characters (a la Marvel Universe). The second part of the book is a series of adventures, and then a pinup section, an appendix, and creator bios.

This is a universe which will be continuously expanded upon, first moving north to Canada, then expanding backwards in time with the Teen Force 5 supplement (you'll meet them all in the WG Sourcebook), then expanding outward into the greater galaxy (or, galaxies). Feel free to use the characters as NPCs or mod them to fit your games. Either way, I just encourage you to have fun!

For the record, both WatchGuard and Teen Force 5 are now comic books (in production). I've written both stories, and artists Andy Smith, Kevin Sharpe, John Rauch, Andrew Dalhouse, Diana Greenhalgh, Eddy Swan, and Fonografiks (and possibly Steve Dutro) are all committed to working on the books. They will likely be published by Image Comics first as a flip book one-shot. If so, there will be a 1:10 variant wraparound cover digitally painted by the amazing Fred Lang! Fred is the lead line artist for Hasbro on all things Star Wars. How cool a gig is that??

If you have any specific questions that I didn't answer here, please feel free to fire me another note!

Best to you, always!
~Charlie~

Wyld0007
Henchman
Henchman

WatchGuard Sourcebook 3e errata?

Postby Wyld0007 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:20 am

hey,

just wondering if there is an errata for the pdf?

just noticed some discrepencies (sp?) for Damocles and was wondering i was missing something or if they are mistakes?

- Evasive Maneuvers: Enhanced Defenses 24 (Dodge 12, Parry 12)

but his Defenses state Dodge 10 and Parry 10

just curious,

thanks,

WatchGuard
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby WatchGuard » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:56 pm

HaHA! Good catch!

Yes, sort of. There is a big update coming to fix some typos, post errata, and add an additional character to the portfolio, plus minor editorial fixes (mostly with Teen Force 5 -- to fall in line with changes made during the writing of the comic book script).

I'm hoping to have the update soon -- I'd rather post a larger update, rather than sprinkle in minor updates over a period of several days/weeks. Hopefully that sits well with everyone!

With regard to Damocles, the corrected stats should be thus:
Defenses
• Dodge - 12
• Parry - 12
• Fortitude - 6
• Toughness - 12
• Will - 18

Best!
~Charlie~

Wyld0007
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Wyld0007 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:50 pm

WatchGuard wrote:HaHA! Good catch!

Yes, sort of. There is a big update coming to fix some typos, post errata, and add an additional character to the portfolio, plus minor editorial fixes (mostly with Teen Force 5 -- to fall in line with changes made during the writing of the comic book script).

I'm hoping to have the update soon -- I'd rather post a larger update, rather than sprinkle in minor updates over a period of several days/weeks. Hopefully that sits well with everyone!

With regard to Damocles, the corrected stats should be thus:
Defenses
• Dodge - 12
• Parry - 12
• Fortitude - 6
• Toughness - 12
• Will - 18

Best!
~Charlie~

thanks for the quick response.

ok. i thought i was missing something. i'm not the most skilled MnM 3e guy but i wasn't sure.

is the update going to be a new version of the sourcebook or a seperate pdf with JUST the new changes?

keep up the great work and i do hope to see more products from you guys. the Watchbook Sourcebook is definitely one of the best 3rd party products i've ever bought for any rpg. and i'll be looking forward to the hardcover you've mentioned.

WatchGuard
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby WatchGuard » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:45 am

Thanks for the compliments!! Means a lot from our customers! :)

As for the question, I'm putting together an updated, corrected version of the original 3E sourcebook that will go out, free of charge, as an upgrade/re-download from RPGNow.com. Keep your eyes peeled for update emails from RPGNow for the download updates!

Also, make sure that you have Vendor Emails turned **ON** in your account settings, otherwise you'll not find out directly from the emails (the RPGNow.com email system is the only method we have to effectively splash out updates en masse).

However, of course I'll personally post updates here on the ATT!! Also, watch our twitter & FB pages for continued updates.

Best to you always!
~Charlie~

PhelanMahoney
Hero
Hero

Postby PhelanMahoney » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:51 pm

I just bought a copy from Amazon with gift cards from Christmas, I'll see how it looks when it gets here.

DSumner
Hero
Hero

Postby DSumner » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:05 am

I just ordered a copy from Amazon, so I should get it by Tue. or Wed. Looking forward to reading it.
"There is no such thing as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Death is certain, life is not."

Return to “Super-Powered by M&M”