Hope Preparatory School for M&M - Back to School Sale!

The only place to discuss Super-Powered by M&M products.
Foreshadow
Hero
Hero

Re: Hope Preparatory School for M&M - We Broke Even! Sale 8/1/11

Postby Foreshadow » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:23 pm

I saw this product used for a few Gen Con games so how did it go. Any players want to speak. I think it is great if someone makes a product and then runs it at a major con.

For example, I bought a lot of Viligance press WWII stuff and playing in a few WWII type golden age games would have been neat.

I didn't get to go to Gen Con though so if someone has a comment, review, whatever let's hear it.

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:29 pm

Foreshadow wrote:I saw this product used for a few Gen Con games so how did it go. Any players want to speak. I think it is great if someone makes a product and then runs it at a major con.

For example, I bought a lot of Viligance press WWII stuff and playing in a few WWII type golden age games would have been neat.

I didn't get to go to Gen Con though so if someone has a comment, review, whatever let's hear it.

I dig the idea of getting some gametime in using the WWII golden age games, myself! I'll see if I can't set up a pick-up game or two at Dragon Con and AWA next month... if it works out. :)

James
James Dawsey, Owner and Publisher of Vigilance Press

Look for Vigilance Press on RPGNow.com and Drive-Thru RPG!

Or check out our website for free previews and podcast links!
http://www.vigilancepress.com/

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:00 pm

So! John... when can we get you on the Vigilance podcast? :D

the_dunner
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Hope Preparatory School for M&M - HPS#2 Now Available

Postby the_dunner » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:16 am

HPS#2 has just hit release. It's now available on DriveThruRPG.com for just $4.99

Halloween Ball
The Halloween Ball, a night of costumes, dancing, dark arts—wait, what? It’s up to you to stop the troublemakers before the dance is ruined.

Halloween Ball is a scenario in the HPS Freshman Year story arc. It may be played as a standalone, or it may be used with first-year characters who are already established in the Hope Preparatory School setting. A map of the dorm and a range of NPCs provide everything a gamemaster needs to run the scenario and experience a day in the life of a metahuman student.

This scenario also provides background and game information on Sister Synestria’s Certified Soothsayers Society. This organization is devoted to providing the professional support necessary to distinguish between professionals highly talented in the fields of precognition and postcognition from mere charlatans. Their Certified Soothsayer Professional (CSP) certification program offers the gold standard recognized by governments and businesses worldwide.

Here's the Direct Link to the M&M3E version:
[url]http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=94413&src=ATT&affiliate_id=333550
[/url]

This is the first product that we've featured Dan Houser as our new cover artist. In honor of that fact, here's a look at the great cover art he did for us without any interference from the publishing logos.

John Dunn - Freelance RPG Writer
http://www.meliorvia.com

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:58 pm

Gotta love Dan's stuff, it keeps getting better and better! :)

maddrmark
Bystander
Bystander

Postby maddrmark » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:12 pm

Just purchased the whole Hope Prep series. I've always enjoyed the "hero high" premise, and Melior Via totally gets the fun and spirit of the subgenre. I don't buy many pdf products, but I felt the four Hope Prep supplements were well worth it. Solid narratives, but with enough flexibility for the GM to insert his own NPCs and subplots. I especially like the section of notes after each scene to help prepare for when PCs go off in unexpected directions.

the_dunner
Bystander
Bystander

Postby the_dunner » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:21 pm

Whole bunch of overdue responses - I don't seem to be getting notifications when people post.

Thanks for the kind words (and the purchase) maddrmark! I hope you get some good games out of it! It's a genre that I love and that I'm thrilled to play with.

Shadowchaser - you've got e-mail. I'd love to join in on a podcast.

Foreshadow - We had ~40 players show up for the 48 available seats over the course of the con. (They were sold out, but sometimes things come up.) The players all seemed to have a good time, but I haven't seen any postings anywhere with individuals mentioning the games in con reports. If I do see anybody mention their experience, I'll make sure to stick a link up here.

the_dunner
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Hope Preparatory School for M&M - Aliens Now Available

Postby the_dunner » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:43 pm

The Aliens Character Pack for Hope Prep is now available on DriveThruRPG. This features 6 student members of the Aliens Clique. Two each of Sophomores (PL8), Juniors (PL9), and Seniors (PL10).

This one also features Dan Houser artwork.

Priced to move at $2.99.

I've been swamped with non-Supers freelance work for the last several months, which is why there's been such a delay on this. In better news, though, HPS #3 - Field Trip is currently in editing. I'm hoping it won't bee too terribly long before we can have that up for sale too.

Thanks for the support, and good gaming!

the_dunner
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Hope Preparatory School for M&M - Aliens Now Available

Postby the_dunner » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:42 am

This week, we managed to squeeze out another small release for the M&M version of the Hope Preparatory School Setting. This is the Artists Character Pack, now available from DriveThruRPG for $2.99. It features the artwork of Dan Houser.
Members of the Artists Clique aren't necessarily focused on becoming traditional crime fighting vigilantes. Instead, these metahumans often want to do more with their abilities. Some, believe they may be able to serve humanity as scientists, politicians, or philosophers. Others pursue dreams of a career as a professional athlete or a performer.

The character pack includes two Sophomores (PL8), two Juniors (PL9), and two Seniors (PL10), each from that clique. All are fully statted for use as PCs or NPCs in a M&M3 campaign. In adventures run at HPS, they might serve as friends or foils. In a more traditional setting, the characters could easily be friends, supporters, or even interns.

the_dunner
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Hope Preparatory School for M&M - Back to School Sale!

Postby the_dunner » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:28 pm

I just finished walking the dog and noticed the death march of students and parents heading to the back to school open house down the street from me. As I saw the assemblage of pre-teens with the expression of utter horror on my face, I immediately began to wonder just how a Hope Preparatory School student might feel about it. Which made me think that more people should wonder that same question.

So, let's have a Back to School! sale. All Hope Preparatory School products are now 10% off, through the end of August 2013.

Melior Via at DriveThruRPG!

Return to “Super-Powered by M&M”