Misfit Studios product updates

The only place to discuss Super-Powered by M&M products.
Steve Conan Trustrum
Champion
Champion

Misfit Studios product updates

Postby Steve Conan Trustrum » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:44 pm

Metahuman Martial Arts should be wrapping up soon. The primary concept development is done, so now it's all about finishing up and fleshing out the details (including a MK-style mini-setting.)

Misfits & Menaces: Mixed Villains will be our first "villain book" in what will hopefully be a series that will include solo bad guys, small teams, and entire organizations (using the organization building rules from Better Mousetrap.) The first issue includes an unethical bio-engineering firm, A.E.G.I.S., that is responsible for creating nearly half the 11 villains found within. Just waiting on interior art, likely making this our next release.

Your World No Longer: after several development delays, this "how do I want to end my game world?" series is about ready to get under way with the first issue nearly done. It will include the primer material, along with alien invasion, zombie apocalypse, and human versus mutant scenarios.

Crucible of Tomorrow's Past: an adventure about what it takes to be a true hero. This is written, the cover is done, so now all that we're waiting on is the interior art and maps.

The Third Kind: An adventure involving initially non-powered people being kidnapped by aliens and experimented on. Co-written by Christina Stiles and myself, the cover is done and Christina is currently working on her part of the writing. This should be out before summer. This adventure will include a condensed and tailored version of the power matrix.

Power Matrix: a system for introducing powers to characters during a game instead of assuming the characters start with such powers. The system is designed around the idea that what the characters do and who they are will determine the powers they'll develop. This is still in the writing stage and should be out before summer.
Steven Trustrum
President for Life (or until the money runs out)
Misfit Studios
Misfit Studios Homepage

Misfit Shop
Google +

DSumner
Hero
Hero

Postby DSumner » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:02 am

Sounds like I'll be adding several of these to my collection, once I get back to the US. 8)
"There is no such thing as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Death is certain, life is not."

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:25 am

Definitely sounds interesting....

I am especially interested in the "Third Kind" adventure...
Emerald Flame's 3e Builds
Emerald Flame's 2e Misc. Builds

The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort, but where they stand at times of challenge and controversy. -Martin Luther King, Jr.-

Steve Conan Trustrum
Champion
Champion

Postby Steve Conan Trustrum » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:24 am

Due to some unavoidable delays with the art (drawn by this board's own Mancerbear, and colored by me), Your World No Longer is finally in layout. It should be ready for sale in a week or so.

Writing on DOOM, the second installment of the Misfits & Menaces line, is nearly done. Half the art has already been ordered and the rest of the order should go out in the next few days. This project details a group of mystically-inclined villains bent on controlling or destroying the world (depending on their mood.) Along with character and organization stats, there will also be some new rules (drawbacks and the like), new/converted creature stats, and a bunch of scalable spell examples. Oh, and did I forget to mention it has the Riders of the Apocalypse in it?

Up next is, without distraction, wrapping up Metahuman Martial Arts. Some design snags have delayed it so far, but now we've worked through most of the key issues. Art orders should be going out soon.
Steven Trustrum
Misfit Studios
Misfit Studios Homepage

Misfit Shop
Google +

Invictus
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Invictus » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:29 am

I've recently purchased "Better Mousetrap" and the first of the 3 Mystical/Supernatural Character volumes. I like 'em, and I'll be buying more of your stuff in the future!

Steve Conan Trustrum
Champion
Champion

Postby Steve Conan Trustrum » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:07 am

Glad that you're happy with your purchases. I'll do my best to keep you happy with good quality, future products. :wink:
Steven Trustrum
Misfit Studios
Misfit Studios Homepage

Misfit Shop
Google +

Steve Conan Trustrum
Champion
Champion

Postby Steve Conan Trustrum » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:39 pm

YWNL is finished and is just waiting for approval.
Steven Trustrum
Misfit Studios
Misfit Studios Homepage

Misfit Shop
Google +

leonmallett
Henchman
Henchman

Postby leonmallett » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:34 am

Looking forward to Your World No Longer. What format do you antipate (POD and/or PDF)? Will book size be Better Mousetrap equivalent or more akin to Superior Synergy?

Eagerly anticipating this one. :)

mancerbear
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby mancerbear » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:10 pm

Steve Conan Trustrum wrote:Due to some unavoidable delays with the art (drawn by this board's own Mancerbear, and colored by me), Your World No Longer is finally in layout. It should be ready for sale in a week or so.

Looking forward to seeing how the art turned out, Steve :)

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Psistrike » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:50 am

Your World No Longer is available on RPGNow.com as a PDF now.

Steve Conan Trustrum
Champion
Champion

Postby Steve Conan Trustrum » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:11 am

Mancerbear and Psistrike: both of you should have received notices about your comp downloads from OBS. Let me know if it doesn't come through.
Steven Trustrum
Misfit Studios
Misfit Studios Homepage

Misfit Shop
Google +

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Psistrike » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:17 pm

Steve Conan Trustrum wrote:Mancerbear and Psistrike: both of you should have received notices about your comp downloads from OBS. Let me know if it doesn't come through.

D'oh! I forgot this was one of the products I playtested for and bought a copy anyways. :oops: Need to be more patient next time. =/ Plus never received a notice about a comp download for it from OBS.

mancerbear
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby mancerbear » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:11 pm

Steve Conan Trustrum wrote:Mancerbear and Psistrike: both of you should have received notices about your comp downloads from OBS. Let me know if it doesn't come through.

Niether did I, mate.

Steve Conan Trustrum
Champion
Champion

Postby Steve Conan Trustrum » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:15 pm

Comps resent.
Steven Trustrum
Misfit Studios
Misfit Studios Homepage

Misfit Shop
Google +

mancerbear
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby mancerbear » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:42 pm

What email address did you send that to, Steve? Still waiting for the new email...

Return to “Super-Powered by M&M”