Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Misfit Studios product updates

The only place to discuss Super-Powered by M&M products.

Re: Misfit Studios product updates

Postby dirkgentry2000 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:49 pm

Steve Conan Trustrum wrote:Sorry for not popping by to say anything for such a long time.

Everything is still in the works but has been slowed to a crawl by a number of things that have seen Misfit Studios overall put on a back burner for the moment, not the least of which is preparing to get married next month. I expect to be able to put a LOT more of my time back into Misfit Studios once I'm hitched. The first step will be converting over the more important 2e content, starting with Better Mousetrap, our main rules supplement.

Congrats on getting married!
dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Bwgustaf » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Steve Conan Trustrum wrote:Sorry for not popping by to say anything for such a long time.

Everything is still in the works but has been slowed to a crawl by a number of things that have seen Misfit Studios overall put on a back burner for the moment, not the least of which is preparing to get married next month. I expect to be able to put a LOT more of my time back into Misfit Studios once I'm hitched. The first step will be converting over the more important 2e content, starting with Better Mousetrap, our main rules supplement.

Try to Time it for Halloween. Then it will be easier to Protect your Secret Identity. :wink: :lol:
Bwgustaf
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Steve Conan Trustrum » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:44 pm

Now that the wedding is over, conversion of Better Mousetrap to 3e is underway. Aside from the converted materials, there will also be some updates and new content, as well as some new art from Eric.
Steven Trustrum
President for Life (or until the money runs out)
Misfit Studios
Misfit Studios Homepage

Misfit Shop
Google +
Steve Conan Trustrum
Champion
Champion

Postby PhelanMahoney » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:49 pm

Steve Conan Trustrum wrote:Now that the wedding is over, conversion of Better Mousetrap to 3e is underway. Aside from the converted materials, there will also be some updates and new content, as well as some new art from Eric.

Sounds like a winner, I look forward to having the print version on my bookshelf
PhelanMahoney
Hero
Hero

Postby Steve Conan Trustrum » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:55 am

PhelanMahoney wrote:Sounds like a winner, I look forward to having the print version on my bookshelf
I'll be putting it out through my print deal with Cubicle 7.
Steven Trustrum
Misfit Studios
Misfit Studios Homepage

Misfit Shop
Google +
Steve Conan Trustrum
Champion
Champion

Postby PhelanMahoney » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:02 pm

I've been looking into converting Metahuman Martial Arts to 3E for no other reason that I like the material so much I can't bear to just let it go. Among other things I found is that there isn't much difference and it looks like a lot of the material can be used as is. Although I can see at least one advantage that needs to be put back after being reworded slightly and that's Improved Block. Basically Improved Block needs language that it enhances your Fighting ability, which in turn ups your Parry defense, or apply the bonus directly to your Parry Defense. It still does not stack with Deflect but it never did.
PhelanMahoney
Hero
Hero

Postby AJCarrington » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:04 am

Steve Conan Trustrum wrote:Now that the wedding is over, conversion of Better Mousetrap to 3e is underway. Aside from the converted materials, there will also be some updates and new content, as well as some new art from Eric.

This sounds really cool - any further plans to update other products to 3e?

AJC
AJCarrington
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby SeeleyOne » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Any news on Metahuman Magic and Metahuman Martial Arts? I would also be interested in Herolab files for each.
The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.

Just about every kid today wants to be Batman, Spiderman, or Superman. Maybe if we were better parents they would not want to become orphans.
SeeleyOne
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Steve Conan Trustrum » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:52 am

Other things have been sort of kicking my ass, including putting together my first miniatures wargame ruleset, but Eric and I chatted last week about Better Mousetrap and we both want to ramp up the attention it's getting. So, after spending a lot of time in the skills section (it was about 4 pages in BMT 2e and is now over 50 pages long, so lots of additional writing was required instead of just converting), the advantages are done and I'm into the powers.

As for Hero Lab, it's something I still want to do but, to be honest, I just haven't had the time to dig into the nuances of all the coding required.
Steven Trustrum
Misfit Studios
Misfit Studios Homepage

Misfit Shop
Google +
Steve Conan Trustrum
Champion
Champion

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:31 pm

PhelanMahoney wrote:Among other things I found is that there isn't much difference and it looks like a lot of the material can be used as is.

Anything other than related to Improved Block?

Have you tried looking through Better Mousetrap the same way?
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Steve Conan Trustrum » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:56 pm

SilvercatMoonpaw wrote:
PhelanMahoney wrote:Among other things I found is that there isn't much difference and it looks like a lot of the material can be used as is.

Anything other than related to Improved Block?

Have you tried looking through Better Mousetrap the same way?
There's going to be major changes involved when I get into Metahuman Martial Arts. The way 3e power builds work will make the nature of maneuver building different, for one. As for Better Mousetrap 2e, some of the stuff pretty much slides over into 3e, but I think people will be surprised by some of the stuff that has been changed. Some of the changes are also being made out of more than necessity--some changes are being done because 3e allows them to work in different ways. BMT 3e is also going to add some new and expanded stuff, so it's not just a straight conversion. The conversion process has made it into the archetypes, for example, which include a lot of additional writing to bring them in line with the villain archetype format 3e has been working with.
Steven Trustrum
Misfit Studios
Misfit Studios Homepage

Misfit Shop
Google +
Steve Conan Trustrum
Champion
Champion

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:45 pm

I was asking to decide if I should buy or wait, but there turned out to be other reasons to get the 2e bundle.

If you find out about any interesting new stuff that having to change editions brings let me know.
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby PhelanMahoney » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:26 pm

I have the 2E stuff and would get the revised 3E books just to see what you changed.
PhelanMahoney
Hero
Hero

Postby Steve Conan Trustrum » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:11 am

Whew. A loooooooooooooooooooooooong time since I updated things.

Being a small press publisher (aka, one man operation), priorities often shift around and change necessarily. Things really slowed down last year due to some bad personal stuff and this year due to some great personal stuff(also known as the bane of my evening's rest, my newborn son, as well as a new project that's dragging Bill Coffin back into the industry to help out.)

Anyway, Eric has sent me the new cover rough and it looks good, and I'm back to digging through the Better Mousetrap manuscript. I'm currently converting organizations and am pushing ahead as fast as possible. Still, the biggest speed bump is going to be art. Eric wants to retouch some of the previous art, and we need some new art for all the new content.

I'm planning on some character releases -- one good guy and one bad guy per product -- so that may be a good opportunity to begin releasing bits and pieces of the BMT 3e content.

Alright, back to converting BMT for me!
Steven Trustrum
Misfit Studios
Misfit Studios Homepage

Misfit Shop
Google +
Steve Conan Trustrum
Champion
Champion

Postby DSumner » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:19 pm

Just to piggy back on Steve's comments, and yes I'm a bit biased in my opinions, Steve puts out a quality product, that I think is well worth the money. If you get a chance, pick up one of his previous books and take a look, I think you'll like what you see, so I'm looking forward to checking out his revised/new stuff.
"There is no such thing as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Death is certain, life is not."
DSumner
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Super-Powered by M&M