The Crinoverse 3 (Ultima Thule)

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Celestial Dragons)

Postby Crinos » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:15 am

Actually that is a good point. I've been thinking about it, and maybe a better arc would be the SA warring with Honnonji academy in an attempt to get hold of some life fibers.

Demonicuss Krinn
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Demonicuss Krinn » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:46 pm

So TakaraTomy announced they're doing some sort of Evangelion/Transformers Crossover.

If something like this doesn't make it's way into the Crinosverse, I'll be honestly surprised.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:07 pm

Demonicuss Krinn wrote:So TakaraTomy announced they're doing some sort of Evangelion/Transformers Crossover.

If something like this doesn't make it's way into the Crinosverse, I'll be honestly surprised.

If nothing else this has to end with Optimus Prime kicking Gendo Ikari in the balls and adopting Shinji.

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Yeoman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:41 pm

Go with Whirl. Whirl will show less restraint. And will be hilarious.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Voltron64 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:14 pm

Crinos wrote:
Demonicuss Krinn wrote:So TakaraTomy announced they're doing some sort of Evangelion/Transformers Crossover.

If nothing else this has to end with Optimus Prime kicking Gendo Ikari in the balls and adopting Shinji.

More like Optimus Prime crushing Gendo in his giant metal hands in some form or another instead.

On a related note, I wonder what happens when you merge the AllSpark with Lillith? :shock:
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Yeoman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:03 pm

Voltron64 wrote:
Crinos wrote:

More like Optimus Prime crushing Gendo in his giant metal hands in some form or another instead.

On a related note, I wonder what happens when you merge the AllSpark with Lillith? :shock:

Headmasters? Humanity is descended from Lilith (Maybe), the Transformers form the All Spark (Sometimes), so something in between. That or Sari Suymdac.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:13 pm

Either is acceptable to me really.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Aliens (Champions))

Postby Crinos » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:44 pm

Alright, I didn't really have anything planned for tonight, and I wanna save my big stuff for later, so here is something I have been putting off: Writing up the aliens from Champions Beyond.

Gonna be breaking this up into two posts. The first one will cover the aliens from the second chapter (IE: Aliens humanity knows about either through direct contact or second hand knowledge), and tomorrow I will cover the others.

So without further ado:

Aliens (Champions)

Ack'alians: A race of super strong, giant, four eyed brutes, the Ack'alians are a race of warriors who seek to dominate others. They are relatively on the same technological level as humanity, but because of their close proximity to Malva, several Ack'alians had been taken as gladiators. They are now on Earth thanks to the Young Avengers.

Az'arc'a: A race of immortal energy beings The Az'arc'a can't actually survive the Gravity of a planet, but instead live in a radiation belt near the Stellar Khanate. They are well renowned for their knowledge from their millennia of life.

Dendrians: A race of purple skinned humanoids who can see ultraviolet light, one of their numbers, Brin Rei Tarn, is one of the few remaining Star Knights, and has transferred to Earth to assist protecting it. The Dendrians are a peaceful people who attempt to remain neutral in intergalactic affairs.

Fassai: A gray skinned ridge headed race distantly related to the Klingon people, Fassai are notable for the super villain Herculean, who is currently operating on Earth.

Ixendar: The Ixendar are an advanced race of ochre skinned humanoids with heavy brows. They are an advanced culture known for cleanliness and desire to raise their social status.

Jakkari: A race of Armadillo like humanoids with a deeply religious society, the Jakkari once recruited the Sentinels to aid them in fending off an invasion of the MQro (Described below).

Kuzane: A race once encountered by the Atom family in outer space, the Kuzane's physical forms perished long ago, leaving them disembodied forms aboard an sentient vessel. Sadly their ship was destroyed, and the race is now believed to be extinct.

Mandaarians: One of the most advanced races in the Lor Republic, the Mandaarians are a race of peaceful philosophers and scientists. Most of the race possesses psychic powers, and other powers are possible as well.

Mon'Dabi, a race of reptile men from a planet where mammal life never evolved, Mon'dabi are territorial and sexist, but also skilled negotiators and traders.

MQro: A hostile race of invaders battled by the Sentinels in 1972, the MQro are a race of three legged energy blobs with quasi organic tech. Little is known of them.

Perseid: A race of black skinned humanoids with bony ridges on their head, they are notable because the hero Ironclad hails from their numbers.

Sirians: A race that tried to invade Earth twice, the Sirians consisted of a Green skinned upper caste, and a gray skinned lower caste (Which resemble other "gray" species like the Grigorio and the Furons, suggesting a connection). The Sirians made the mistake of trying to invade Malva, and got wiped off the face of the universe.

Vayathurans: The Vayathurans hail from a moon orbiting a gas giant, and are distant relatives to the Tamaraneans, although lacking their powers and tech, they have many similar societal conventions (Such as no taboo against nudity), they are also a polyamorus species. One of their members, a teleporting super hero named Far Strider, sometimes operates on Earth, and is a good friend to Charli Brown (Who has visited Vayathura in the past.)

Okay there we go. Sorry there isn't much to go on, but these aliens aren't very interesting compared to some of the other alien splatbooks I've looked at.

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Phrozen » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:54 pm

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:09 pm

Also, I just picked up Hidden Lands for Champions, which means next week we will close out Anniversary month with Hidden Lands week!

Yeppers, all your favorite hidden lands: Ultima Thule, Utopia, the Aviary, Shamballa Vale, and all new ones like the Freljord.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:12 pm

Yay, I love that book!

i have plans to have Vanguard team Alpha get involved with Lemuria and their plots against their Empyreans at some point. I don't know why, but the epic backstory of the Empyreans and Arvad really sucked me in for some reason.

And you're right, most of the aliens in Champions beyond are just 'meh', but I figured they were mostly to provide color and maybe templates for NPCs and potential heroes. As opposed to the big names-the Malvans, the Gadroon, and the others.

I did like some of the ones in the back of the book that humanity hasn't met-there's a psychic race that measures power by forehead ridges, and a client race of the Malvans that are all natural shapeshifters-and eager to form their own government. And the Galaxars.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:40 pm

Yeah, it seems like the Palladium aliens, you're expected to make them superhumans who just happen to be aliens.

I bring this up because in the adventure where Yuki comes back in YA, I intend to have you guys fight Alpha Prime and a punch of alien super heroes in Japan.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:18 pm

Crinos wrote:Yeah, it seems like the Palladium aliens, you're expected to make them superhumans who just happen to be aliens.

I bring this up because in the adventure where Yuki comes back in YA, I intend to have you guys fight Alpha Prime and a punch of alien super heroes in Japan.

Probably because we call bull on her attempts to steal from the public. :wink:
Impeach the peach!

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:22 pm

speaking of destinations, you've hinted more than once we'd be going into Val Verde, and I've contemplated a writeup for it. and after reading the first arc of Avengers Undercover (Issue 3, "Arcade gets what he's got comin'", in stores now!), I think I know how to distinguish it from such places as Thule, Ruritania, the Protectorate and other villain run nation-states

short answer: unlike those other supervillain-run countries, Val Verde doesn't even bother with pretending to be legitimate, where international supervillains walk the street in full costume, and UNISON is waiting for one good excuse (and somebody taking out the Usurper's doomsday devices) to bring the whole thing crashing down

even shorter answer: this
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:31 pm

That can work. My main plan for an adventure was the YA (Or at least the more human looking ones) going undercover as teens on spring break to investigate rumors of the local cartels creating metahumans from Child Soldiers in the rain forests.

Also, the big bad of the country of the Lamplighter from Champions, who, if you know the Champions setting, is one of the nastier guys around. Like Henry Killenger except he's played horribly straight.

Also: Arcade gets what he's got coming? I am intrigued, since that is the thing that pissed me off most about Avengers Arena (Have not read it, but I know it ends with Arcade basically getting away clean as a sheet and winning completely). So please, tell me more.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”