The Crinoverse 3 (Ultima Thule)

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 26078
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:53 pm
Contact:

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Aliens (Champions))

Postby Crinos » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:45 pm

EnigmaticOne wrote:
Crinos wrote:Yeah, it seems like the Palladium aliens, you're expected to make them superhumans who just happen to be aliens.

I bring this up because in the adventure where Yuki comes back in YA, I intend to have you guys fight Alpha Prime and a punch of alien super heroes in Japan.


Probably because we call bull on her attempts to steal from the public. :wink:

Yeah, Kreuz mentioned in his write up of the newest alien sailor scout (The Klingon one) that the Klingons were working on a free energy project with the Japanese Government. That strikes me as something Alpha Prime would be saying no to, and try to come and stop it.

And then I imagine the Japanese Government saying "You know what? No, not this time. You alien bastards have been invading us for years, trying to conquer us, eat us, enslave us, blow us up, touch our women inappropriately, steal our water, and never once, not once, have you given us ANY form of compensation for the crap you put us through constantly. And why? 'Oh, you're too primitive, you're not good enough for it yet, you gotta figure it out for yourself.' Well you know what? F you lady. We're doing this with the Klingons, and we're not gonna let you mess this up like you did Century Station just because some arrogant space men don't think we're good enough for their alien technology. You know what? Given all the crap we've dealt with from aliens over the years, I think they owe us with interest."

Which, of course, goes over as well as you'd expect, with Alpha Prime flying over to Japan and trying to stop the project herself.... Which does not work because the Tokyo Defense League and every other super hero in Japan basically jumps her and curbstomps her. And since she's getting no help from her own team (The Centurions aren't exactly in the mood to cause an international incident just because Alpha Prime is being pissier than usual), Prime leaves the planet to gather up all the alien super heroes who helped her when she grabbed the Daedalus engine.

So yeah, its gonna be a fun ride.

User avatar
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21027
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Rumble City

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Aliens (Champions))

Postby Kreuzritter » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:55 pm

all because I just felt like putting in a reference to Vividred Operation (gist is the reactor's human designed/built, the Klingons are just there as consulation regarding "please do not blow yourselves up with this like we did Praxis."
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Aliens (Champions))

Postby Phrozen » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:06 pm

Considering how many alien cultures have committed casus belli against Earth, is it any wonder that in many futures Earth builds an interstellar empire?

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 26078
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:53 pm
Contact:

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Aliens (Champions))

Postby Crinos » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:30 pm

Kreuzritter wrote:all because I just felt like putting in a reference to Vividred Operation (gist is the reactor's human designed/built, the Klingons are just there as consulation regarding "please do not blow yourselves up with this like we did Praxis."

Hey, you guys should have learned by now: If you throw out something that could be used as a plot thread, no matter how small or inconsequential, Imma use it.

That's how we got Melody. Hell, that's how we got Susan (Although on Charli's bio her name was Sally, I just misremembered when I introduced her).

User avatar
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21027
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Rumble City

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Aliens (Champions))

Postby Kreuzritter » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:43 pm

fair enough

just as Alpha Prime does have a fairly legit reason to shut the project down, as Manifestation reactors prompt a some cosmic beings to start a "Htrial by succession of Giant monsters" scenario (where failure results in the world in question being destroyed)
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Aliens (Champions))

Postby Phrozen » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:53 pm

Well, Nights of Horror is apparently in a coma if not outright dead.....

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 8135
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Aliens (Champions))

Postby EnigmaticOne » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:53 pm

Kreuzritter wrote:fair enough

just as Alpha Prime does have a fairly legit reason to shut the project down, as Manifestation reactors prompt a some cosmic beings to start a "Htrial by succession of Giant monsters" scenario (where failure results in the world in question being destroyed)


Can't she just BE wrong? :P
Impeach the peach!

Image

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 26078
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:53 pm
Contact:

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Aliens (Champions))

Postby Crinos » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:05 pm

Phrozen wrote:Well, Nights of Horror is apparently in a coma if not outright dead.....

Yeah, as is the warehouse 23 game.

Honestly I think it may be for the best.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 26078
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:53 pm
Contact:

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Aliens (Champions))

Postby Crinos » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:20 pm

EnigmaticOne wrote:
Kreuzritter wrote:fair enough

just as Alpha Prime does have a fairly legit reason to shut the project down, as Manifestation reactors prompt a some cosmic beings to start a "Htrial by succession of Giant monsters" scenario (where failure results in the world in question being destroyed)


Can't she just BE wrong? :P

That was my original intention. That it would be revealed that the humans were in the right, and it ends with Alpha Prime being stripped of her Specter status and banished from Earth.

But now it turns out that this is based on something, so Ima watch this other series on Hulu as soon as I finish Kill La Kill (I just finished the episode where Ryuko fights Gamagoori. And as an aside: Dude, seriously, what is even the Hell?)

User avatar
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 21027
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Rumble City

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Aliens (Champions))

Postby Kreuzritter » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:26 pm

well, said parade of giant monsters is the plot of vividred, and the godlikes would like earth to pass the test, and we do have a mad scientist working on the problem, he just needs four, maybe 5 girls in their early teens (srsly, imagine magical girls whose origins were outsourced to Tony stark)
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 26078
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:53 pm
Contact:

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Aliens (Champions))

Postby Crinos » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:31 pm

Kreuzritter wrote:well, said parade of giant monsters is the plot of vividred, and the godlikes would like earth to pass the test, and we do have a mad scientist working on the problem, he just needs four, maybe 5 girls in their early teens (srsly, imagine magical girls whose origins were outsourced to Tony stark)


Yeah, I imagine the conversation at the end will go like this:

Alpha Prime: I tried to warn you. Now the Alone are aware of this world. They will continue sending their creatures, they will not stop.

Misato: *Snorts* Bitch please. We're Japan, we get giant monsters and alien invaders every day. In fact, we already got a magical girl squad all set up to handle this jazz.

User avatar
Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 12198
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Aliens (Champions))

Postby Yeoman » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:30 pm

Crinos wrote: Hell, that's how we got Susan (Although on Charli's bio her name was Sally, I just misremembered when I introduced her).


Which is fine. Sally was just part of the Charli name joke.

Crinos wrote:
But now it turns out that this is based on something, so Ima watch this other series on Hulu as soon as I finish Kill La Kill (I just finished the episode where Ryuko fights Gamagoori. And as an aside: Dude, seriously, what is even the Hell?)


So, episode 9 or 10? You have not even begun to see what the hell. Harime Nui hasn't even shown up at that point. You have yet to see Mako's First of the North Star impression. You have yet to see Satsuki's master plan in all it's glory. Hell, you haven't even seen Gamagoori go full tilt yet. Or his bondage themed HUlkbuster armor.

Kreuzritter wrote:well, said parade of giant monsters is the plot of vividred, and the godlikes would like earth to pass the test, and we do have a mad scientist working on the problem, he just needs four, maybe 5 girls in their early teens (srsly, imagine magical girls whose origins were outsourced to Tony stark)


Isn't that just the cast of Nanoha. :)

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 26078
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:53 pm
Contact:

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Aliens (Champions))

Postby Crinos » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:00 pm

Yeah, on episode 9. Don't get me wrong, I love Kill la Kill... but FFS. Of all the fighting styles I would have attributed to a big bruiser like Ira Gamagoori, Super powered S&M sub would not be it.

Why does it seem like all the best anime run on the premise of "Everybody is nuttier than all get out."

RomLoneWolf23
Daredevil
Daredevil
Posts: 701
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:53 pm

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Aliens (Champions))

Postby RomLoneWolf23 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:40 pm



Y'know, in a world of Supers, there's probably no real point in doing a Roswell/Area 51 Cover-Up. "No, what crash-landed at Roswell was not a U.F.O. at all. At least not after it was identified as a crashed Grue scout vessel, according to our Xenology experts."
-Exit the LoneWolf

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Posts: 8135
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: The Crinoverse 3 (Aliens (Champions))

Postby EnigmaticOne » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:48 pm

Crinos wrote:Yeah, on episode 9. Don't get me wrong, I love Kill la Kill... but FFS. Of all the fighting styles I would have attributed to a big bruiser like Ira Gamagoori, Super powered S&M sub would not be it.

Why does it seem like all the best anime run on the premise of "Everybody is nuttier than all get out."


Disciplinary Comittee Chairman. It's a little joke.
Impeach the peach!

Image


Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests