Pokemon Setting

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

001 - Bulbasaur

Postby whiteprofit » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:11 am

001 - Bulbasaur
Power Level: 3; Power Points Spent: 45/45
Grass/Poison Type: No Cost (Vulnerability: Fire, Flying, Ice, Psychic. Resist: Fighting, Grass, Electric, Water)

STR: -2 (6), DEX: +0 (10), CON: +2 (14), INT: -2 (6), WIS: -2 (6), CHA: +0 (10)

Tough: +2/+4, Fort: +7, Ref: +3, Will: +4
Attack Bonus: +2 (Ranged: +3, Melee: +2, Grapple: -5/-2)
Defense: +2 (Flat-footed: +1), Size: Small, Knockback: -1
Initiative: +0

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+2), Bluff 2 (+2), Climb 4 (+2), Diplomacy 4 (+4), Notice 6 (+4), Search 6 (+4), Sense Motive 6 (+4), Stealth 2 (+6), Survival 8 (+6)

Feats: Animal Empathy, Attack Focus (ranged), Defensive Roll 2, Favored Environment (Gardens), Favored Environment (Grassy Meadow), Improved Critical (Tackle (Strike 2)), Improved Grapple, Improved Pin

Powers:
2' 04" (Shrinking 4) (-4 STR, -1 size category, -5 ft. movement; Permanent; Innate; Full Power)
Razor Leaf (Blast 3) (DC 18)
. . Poison Powder (Nauseate 2) (Alternate; DC 12; Cloud Area (10 ft. diameter, lingers))
. . Sleep Powder (Fatigue 2) (Alternate; DC 12; Cloud Area (10 ft. diameter, lingers), Sleep)
. . Tackle (Strike 2) (Alternate; DC 17, Feats: Improved Critical (Tackle (Strike 2)); Accurate (+2))
Super-Senses 3 (awareness: Aromas, Pollins, and Poweders, scent, ultra-hearing)
Vines (Linked)
. . Additional Limbs 2 (Linked; 2 extra limbs, Feats: Improved Grapple)
. . Elongation 2 (Linked; Elongation: 10 ft., range incr 20 ft., +2 Escape & Grapple)
. . Super-Strength 1 (Linked; +5 STR carry capacity, heavy load: 86 lbs; +1 STR to some checks)
Attacks:
Poison Powder (Nauseate 2) (DC Fort/Staged 12),
Razor Leaf (Blast 3), +3 (DC 18),
Sleep Powder (Fatigue 2) (DC Fort 12),
Tackle (Strike 2), +4 (DC 17),
Unarmed Attack, +2 (DC 13)

Drawbacks: Disability, common, major, No Hands, Disability, common, major, No Speech

Languages: "Bulbasaur!"

Totals: Abilities -4 + Skills 10 (40 ranks) + Feats 7 + Powers 22 + Combat 4 + Saves 14 - Drawbacks 8 = 45
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Re: Event: Getting a Starter Pokemon

Postby whiteprofit » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:30 am

Event: Getting a Starter Pokemon!
For players and trainers wanting to begin the traditional route, this is the starting event for you. There are a couple ways to go about this. The first is to generate three random starters from different regions at the time of revealing (see below). The second is to predetermine which pokemon each trainer is getting based on preference or choosing. The third is mixing the ideas by allowing the player(s) to choose, and then generate the NPC starters from the list.

Some characters will start with a pokemon that isn't a "traditional starter", or was obtained in a different way due to a back story. If this is the case, then skip the event in favor of an adventure or have the player arrive after the selection happens unseen by the NPCs.

NPCs
Professor Aspen
[url]Rival[/url]
[url]Dr. Briar[/url]
Timothy Thorn

Opening
Aspen: "Well hello there! I was hoping you'd stop by soon, [Player's Name(s)]. You came at the perfect time. My colleague, Dr. Briar, is here with his nephew, Timothy. Timothy is beginning his own journey to collect all 8 gym badges, just like you!"
Dr. Briar: Hello there, [Player's Name(s)]. It's nice to meet you.
Timothy: Hi. Nice to meet you. (Offers his hand to be shook)
Aspen: Dr. Briar has brought three [Or Appropriate Number] starting pokemon from several different regions for you to pick from. We were just about to look at them and I'm excited to see what he brought.
Dr. Briar: Are we ready?
Aspen: We were waiting for one more trainer, but since [Rival's Name] isn't here yet, one of you should go ahead and pick first.
Timothy: I don't mind, you can go first.
Dr. Briar: I've collected the following pokemon from all over. I've brought the grass starter from [1d6], the fire starter from [1d6], and the water starter from [1d6].
Use the following list when figuring out which pokemon are available. Roll a d6 at the mention of each location, and select the corresponding type for that region.
1- Kanto, 2- Johto, 3- Hoenn, 4- Sinnoh, 5- Unova, 6- Player's Choice

Example: "I've brought the grass starter from... *Player Rolls a 4* Sinnoh region, a Turtwig!"

Under the Hood: Preparing for this could be quite scary, since there are 15 different possible outcomes. We recommend using the previously included base builds for a Water Type, Fire Type, and Bulbasaur (Grass Type) to begin, and modify based on the specific information. Remember, Bulbasaur is Grass/Poison, so a pure Grass starter would gain 2pp in the switch. And any grass starter that doesn't have vines would lose those as well.

Example Changes:
Chikorita - Flip the +1toughness/-1defense trade off around.
Snivy - Flip the +1toughness/-1defense trade off around. Trade Attack Focus ranged for Improved Initiative. Trade attacks and additional limbs "vines" for physical grass attacks and elongation, dropping the -4 for no hands. Trade off points in Fortitude into Reflex.

Aspen: "Don't be shy, [Player's Name(s)]. Go ahead and pick the one you want.
*Everyone waits for Trainer to select*
Timothy: That's a great choice. I guess if you're taking that one, I'll take [Chooses Starter with type disadvantage to Player's]
Rival: Professor Aspen! I'm here! Am I too late?
Aspen: "[Rival's Name]! You're just in time. Come in and meet Dr. Briar, his nephew Timothy, and your fellow trainer(s) [Player's Name(s)]. This pokemon here, is for you.
Rival: Thank you, Professor Aspen. I'm very excited for this! I've been thinking about it since you invited me here. So, is anyone up for a battle?!"

Battle
*For a two on two battle (more than one PC), Timothy Thorn joins the fight on the Rival's side.

Professor Aspen agrees to officiate and the group moves out to the large, open backyard. There is a large tree inside the battle area and can be climbed with a DC 10 check. It is equal distance from both trainers. Otherwise, the yard is clear of objects or obstacles.

Aspen: "The battle is to knock out or six bruises. Opponents must stay in the backyard. Leaving or being knocked out is considered a loss. Good luck to everyone."
Rival: "I can already tell my pokemon is tougher than yours. Get ready, cuz we're not going easy on you!"

Special Information
    Round 1 - GM calls for Initiative
    Round 20 - Aspen declares a tie

Closing
Aspen: Congratulations [Winner]! I have to say though, you both/all performed very well.
Rival (win): "Ha! If this is any indication, this journey is going to be a piece of cake."
Rival (lose): "That's okay, I know what I need to do to beat you next time."
Aspen: "I hope you both learned something. Your bond with your pokemon is incredibly important. Battling is a way for you to become closer and learn to better understand each other."
Timothy: "I'm actually headed to Brook Town next, are you both going that way? Why don't we go together?"
Rival: "I can't. I actually have some errands to run before I'm ready to leave town. I'm sure I'll see you there though. See ya! Thanks Dr. Briar, Professor Aspen. I'll check in and let you know how I'm doing soon."
Timothy: "Well, how about you [Player's Name(s)]? Do you want to go together?"

>>Timothy joins the group, either by group acceptance or annoyingly following.
-end
Last edited by whiteprofit on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Re: Moves, Attacks, and Status Effects

Postby whiteprofit » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:33 am

Moves, Attacks, and Status Effects

Most moves are ranged or melee damage. Aside from those are moves that cause Status Effects, Boosts, Negative Modifiers, and Healing. Here are a few ways that we've tried dealing with the intended 'effect' of different powers based not only on the video game, but also the show.

Ember - Blast PL, linked with Stun 2
    Growl - Stun PL, limited to Daze
    Leer - Nauseate PL, limited to Sicken
    Minimize - Shrinking, limited by PL
    Solarbeam - Blast PL+, limited sunlight or Aim first round
    Synthesis - Healing, Flaw: Source (sunlight)
    Watergun/Hydro Pump - Blast PL+, linked with Knockback

Attack and Move Arrays
:idea: There are a few ways to stack powers and attacks to alleviate high costs for multiple attacks or moves. The majority of pokemon moves can be bought as alternate powers off the most expensive. This number can be limited to 4, like in the video games, or another number per GM preference (I've seen unlimited and limited to 1 alternative) Some GM's limit alternates to similar attacks (Water Gun can be an alternate to Hydro Pump, but not of Growl)

:idea: It is possible to reduce the number of points spent on powers by boosting the unarmed attack of the pokemon, instead of purchasing ranks in Strike or Blast (Damage in 3e). Enhanced traits: Power Attack, Improved Aim, and Improved Critical 2 can be applied to an Unarmed attack to represent Focus Punch. This is especially useful and relevant on Fighting Type Pokemon or characters that are large enough and strong enough to have a high STR rank. If a pokemon is small in size, purchasing the 'normal strength' extra, or including a purchased Strike Power are also both options for adding feats (advantages in 3e) to make alternate attacks and save power points.

Status Effects
M+M doesn't use Hit Points, so instead, some status effects were altered to get more true effects to the description. Poison weakens with the rules of Nauseate while Burn inhibits a pokemon's movement with the rules of Stun.

:arrow: Some attacks have a linked status effect that might have a small chance of working. We chose to represent this with a low ranked, linked power. Usuall rank 2 or 3 or about half PL. this means it rarely effects the target but can give a small advantage if the target fails the save.

:arrow: For attacks that are only about the status effect like Toxic, Thunder Wave, or Will-o-Wisp, the power should be at PL.

Status Effects Conversion
    Burn - Stun
    Paralyzed - Paralyze
    Poisoned - Nauseate
    Frozen - Paralyze or Snare
    Asleep - Fatigue with Sleep Extra (+0/ rank)
    Confused - Confuse
Last edited by whiteprofit on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Re: Pokemon Setting

Postby whiteprofit » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:20 pm

WP's Move Dex
Here are a bunch of summaries for the way I've drawn up several attacks/moves/powers. This is by no means a be all/end all. They are a starting point. Not even all of my builds use exactly what is shown below every time as there are a ton of ways to create similar effects.

Sometimes there are enough points to add a linked effect to something like ember or thundershock and sometimes there's not. Usually I limit secondary effects that act as a status effect or bonus damage to 2 or 3 ranks. Use your discretion. These represent uncommon or about 20% success rates on attacks.

Absorb, Mega Drain: Blast - Vampric
Aerial Ace: Blast - Perception, Drawback 2: Must Touch Target
Bubble: Strike - Cone
Confuse Ray/Supersonic: Confuse - Area(Line or Cone)
Confusion: Blast & Confuse 2
Drill Peck: Strike - Penatrating
Ember: Blast & Stun - Ranged
False Swipe: Strike - Sleep
Firespin: Blast - Duration(Concentration) & Snare
Flash Fire: Immunity (Fire) & Absorb (Fire Damage)
Flamethrower: Blast - Area(Line or Cone) & Stun 2 - Area(Line or Cone)
Flight: Not a move, uses flight to stay away from target. Attacks next turn.
Fury Attack/Fury Swipes/Double Slap: Strike - Autofire
Glare: Paralyze
Growl: Drain Attack Bonus
Gust, Whirlwind: Blast - Knockback
Harden: Boost - Toughness
Horn Drill: Strike - Penetrating, Improved Critical
Leer: Drain Defense Bonus
Metronome: Nemesis
Mirror Move: Mimic - Any one type (Attacks used against you); Perception
Petal Dance: Strike -Area (cloud)
Poison Barbs: Nauseate 2 - Duration 2(Sustained); Aura(Selective)
Poison Sting: Blast & Nauseate 2 - ranged
Poison Powder: Drain - Area (Cloud) or Nauseate - Area(Cloud)
Razor Leaf: Blast
Safeguard: Nullify - Status effect powers; Nullifying Field
Sand-Attack: Dazzle - Area(Cone/Cloud)
Scary Face: Emotion Control - Limited (Fear)
Sing: Fatigue - Area(Burst); Sleep
Sleep Powder: Fatigue - Area (Cloud)
Smoke Screen: Concealment - Area(Cloud)
Solar Beam: Blast - Drawback 2: Requires Aim
String Shot: Snare
Stun Spore: Paralyze - Area (Cloud)
Synthesis: Regeneration - Requires Sunlight
Tackle: Unarmed Attack
Tail Whip: Drain Toughness
Take Down: Strike - Improved Critical; Drawback(User must Charge)
Thundershock: Blast & Paralyze 2
Thunder Wave: Paralyze
Thunder Bolt: Blast & Paralyze 2 - Ranged & Stun 2 - Ranged
Vine Whip: Strike - Extended Reach
Wake-up Slap: Strike - Autofire; Powerloss(Autofire if target not asleep)
Water Gun: Blast - Knockback
Wrap: Grapple or Snare - Backlash, Engulf; Tether
Last edited by whiteprofit on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Re: Professor Aspen

Postby whiteprofit » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:23 pm

Professor Aspen
Professor Aspen is a Pokemon Professor that lives and works in Brook Town, of the Glaciuary Region. She is very knowledgeable of Pokemon and has a focused study on Pokemon Types and Classification.

If the Player decides to play through a typical journey, their first pokemon will likely come from Professor Aspen in the event "Getting a Starter Pokemon" or similar style event.

Professor Aspen

Power Level: 5; Power Points Spent: 75

STR: +0 (10), DEX: +0 (10), CON: +0 (10), INT: +4 (18), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +1 (12)

Tough: +0/+3, Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +8
Attack Bonus: +0 (Ranged: +0, Melee: +0, Grapple: +0)
Defense: +7 (Flat-footed: +2), Knockback: -1

Skills: Computers 2 (+6), Concentration 6 (+8), Diplomacy 6 (+7), Gather Information 5 (+6), Investigate 2 (+6), Knowledge (Pokemon Genetics and Breeding) 8 (+12), Knowledge (Pokemon Types) 8 (+12), Knowledge (Science (Biology/Chemestry)) 8 (+12), Medicine 4 (+6), Notice 6 (+8), Ride 4 (+4), Search 4 (+8), Sense Motive 4 (+6), Survival 4 (+6)

Feats: Animal Empathy, Assessment, Contacts, Defensive Roll 3, Dodge Focus 4, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 7, Fascinate (Diplomacy), Leadership, Well-Informed

Equipment: Aspen's Labratory, Camera, Cell Phone, Medkit (Basic), Vehicle: Compact Car

Attacks: Unarmed Attack, +0 (DC 15)

Totals: Abilities 14 + Skills 18 (71 ranks) + Feats 21 + Powers 0 + Combat 6 + Saves 16 + Drawbacks 0 = 75

Aspen's Laboratory
Aspen's Lab is located in Brook Town, and has many accommodation to help with research and study of Pokemon. Using a simple machine, it also has the ability to aid healing in Pokemon and caring for them while they are there.

This is the starting location for the event "Getting as Starter Pokemon" and can be a great fall back or start location for Players if they need help.

Other scientists and Pokemon researchers use and can be found in Professor Aspen's Lab, using the facilities, or sharing information with the world renown Professor of Pokemon Types and Classifications.

Aspen's Laboratory

Power Level: 0; Equipment Points Spent: 19

Toughness: +10

Features: Communications, Computer, Fire Prevention System, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Pool, Power System, Security System 1, Workshop

Powers:
Healing 10 (Total; Persistent)

Equipment: Medkit (Basic), Multi-Tool, Toolkit (Basic), Video Camera

Size: Large

Totals: Abilities 0 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Feats 0 + Features 10 + Powers 1 + Combat 2 + Saves 1 + Drawbacks 0 + Equipment 5 (5 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 19
Last edited by whiteprofit on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Timothy Thorn

Postby whiteprofit » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:13 pm

Timothy Thorn
Timothy is the nephew of Dr. Briar. He begins his journey alongside the players and either joins the group as a knowledgeable NPC and friend or follows them as an annoying one, trying to be part of their group, despite their efforts to ditch him.

Timothy's starter is gained during the event "Getting a Starter Pokemon". He chooses a Pokemon after the Player, choosing the type weaker to the player's choice. (ie: Choosing water, if player chooses grass)
Timothy Thorn

Power Level: 3; Power Points Spent: 45/45

STR: +0 (10), DEX: +0 (10), CON: +1 (12), INT: +0 (10), WIS: +1 (12), CHA: +0 (10)

Tough: +1/+3, Fort: +3, Ref: +3, Will: +3
Attack Bonus: +2 (Ranged: +2, Melee: +2, Grapple: +2)
Defense: +3 (Flat-footed: +0), Knockback: -1

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+3), Climb 3 (+3), Computers 4 (+4), Diplomacy 5 (+5), Gather Information 4 (+4), Handle Animal 4 (+4), Knowledge (Glaciuary Region) 5 (+5), Knowledge (Pokemon) 5 (+5), Notice 3 (+4), Sense Motive 3 (+4), Survival 4 (+5), Swim 5 (+5)

Feats: Assessment, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 4, Equipment 5, Evasion, Leadership, Luck, Move-by Action, Teamwork

Powers:
Strong Bond With Pokemon (Luck Control 1) (spend hero point for another, Feats: Luck; Limited (To Party Pokemon))

Equipment: Pokeballs x5 14, PokeGear 4, Travel Gear 4

Attacks: Unarmed Attack, +2 (DC 15)

Totals: Abilities 4 + Skills 12 (48 ranks) + Feats 16 + Powers 3 + Combat 4 + Saves 6 + Drawbacks 0 = 45

Starter Pokemon (After Event: Getting a starter Pokemon)
Power Level 3; Power Points 45/45

Nuzleaf (After Event: Spinda Night in a Shiftry)
Power Level 4; Power Points 60/60
Grass/Dark Type: Cost 5 Points
(Vulnerability: Fighting, Flying, Poison, Bug, Ice, Fire. Resist: Ground, Ghost, Water, Grass, Electric, Dark. Immunity: Psychic.)
Last edited by whiteprofit on Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Re: Town: Ruby Pond

Postby whiteprofit » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:31 am

Ruby Pond
Places of Interest:
The Ruby Pond Gym
The Ruby Coal Mine
Ruby Pond

Ruby Pond Town
Ruby Pond get's it's name from the large pond it sits next to of the same name. Despite this name, the water here is typically blue or clear like most other bodies of water. Instead, it is told that the name comes from the town's founder who discovered a small ruby at the water's edge and settled here in the hopes of mining the rich rock. Instead, after investing and calling in a team of miners, he was disappointed to discover a different mineral here: Coal.

Though not as immediately rich as Rubies would have been, the discovery of the coal was enough to develop a town and give the area a salable resource that put them on the map. Ruby Pond is an older town with a lot of rich history coming from a western style age. The only street that runs through the town is a long, curved street with buildings on either side that curls gently to the shape of the pond's edge.

This is the home of Zeke, who runs the Ruby Pond Gym as the Leader.

Ruby Pond Gym
Zeke runs the Electric Type gym of Ruby Pond. This small power house supplies the city with electricity generated by coal. It creates enough energy to supply the surrounding towns of Red Falls and Gold Creek with power also.

Trainers entering this gym are challenged to beat Zeke in a one-on-one fight between two Pokémon. His most commonly chosen Pokemon include a Magnemite, a Flaaffy, and a Luxio, though he's known to choose others depending on his challenger. To get to Zeke, trainers may have to open a series of doors by showing a basic understanding of electricity and circuits.

Ruby Pond Mine
For many years the town's mine was boarded up and locked away from public access. Recently, however, a group of trainers has opened up the mines in search of pokemon and a small club has developed. The host of teens use the mine as an elaborate club house and meet up spot. They are called by some, the Ruby Pond Minors, given their age but the group refers to themselves as: The Miner Gang.

Ruby Pond
This small and gentle body of water is home to a few types of small fish and reptile like Pokemon. The fishing is nice and the shallow waters also attracts low flying Yanma.
Last edited by whiteprofit on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Re: Gym Leader Zeke

Postby whiteprofit » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:52 pm

Gym Leader Zeke

Height: 5'8"
Eye Color: Blue
Hair: Blond/Yellow

*Actual Image of Barry, from the anime. Similar age and style for Zeke, though hair would be more electric/jagged in appearance

Bio:
Zeke grew up in Ruby Pond and always had a fascination for Electric Pokemon. He inherited the gym from it's former master, Brennan Coy, who trained and taught Zeke the power of electricity.

Though a young Gym Leader, Zeke shows a level head and kindness toward pokemon that is striking, even for a gym leader. Zeke sometimes gets overcharged with excitement, yet when it comes to battles, he strikes fast and hard like lightning.

Because of his age, many trainers begin their journey with Zeke as their first Gym Challenge. For this, the Ruby Pond Leader has begun training three proteges, as he was trained by Brennan. Hert, Joule, and Lumen often weed out first time challengers so Zeke is fresh for trainers who are serious about beginning the Pokemon League Challenge.

Zeke has been investigating the Miner Gang and keeps an eye on their numbers and antics.

His most commonly chosen Pokemon, according to past challengers, include a Magnemite, a Flaaffy, and a Luxio, though he's known to choose others depending on his challenger. Zeke has also been seen swimming with a Lanturn.

Pokemon
Magnemite
Power Level: 3; Power Points 45/45
Electric/Steel Type: Cost 21
(Vulnerability: Fighting, Fire, Ground. Resist: Bug, Dark, Dragon, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Steel, Electric. Immunity: Poison)

Luxio
Power Level: 3; Power Points 45/45
Electric Type: Cost 4 Points
(Vulnerability: Ground. Resist: Electric, Flying, Steel)

Flaaffy
Power Level: 4; Power Points 60/60
Electric Type: Cost 4 points
(Vulnerability: Ground. Resist: Electric, Flying, Steel)

STR: -2 (6), DEX: +0 (10), CON: +0 (10), INT: -1 (8), WIS: -1 (8), CHA: -1 (8)

Tough: +3, Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +4

Skills: Bluff 5 (+4), Notice 5 (+4), Search 5 (+4), Survival 1 (+0)

Feats: Attack Specialization (Static (Paralyze 2)), Attack Specialization (Thunder Bolt (Blast 4)), Attack Specialization (Thunderwave (Paralyze 4)), Catch Attack (Electric Attacks), Improved Aim, Improved Block, Power Attack, Precise Shot

Powers:
2' 07" (Shrinking 4) (-4 STR, -1 size category, -5 ft. movement; Permanent; Innate; Full Power)
Cotton Hide (Protection 3) (+3 Toughness)
Electric Type (Enhanced Trait 0) (Custom 4 (Vulnerability: Ground. Resist: Electric, Flying, Steel))
Shock Wave (Paralyze 4) (DC 14; Burst Area (20 ft. radius))
. . Discharge (Strike 4) (Alternate; DC 19; Burst Area (20 ft. radius))
. . Flash (Dazzle 4) (Alternate; affects: visual senses, DC 14; Explosion Area (40 ft. explosion))
. . Thunder Bolt (Blast 4) (Alternate; [0 active, 0/12 PP, 3/r], DC 19; Contagious)
. . Thunderwave (Paralyze 4) (Alternate; [0 active, 0/12 PP, 3/r], DC 14; Range (ranged))
Static (Paralyze 2) (DC 12; Triggered (Phisical Attack))
Electric Sheep Senses (Super-Senses 3) (direction sense, scent, ultra-hearing)

Attack Bonus: +2 (Ranged: +2, Melee: +2, Grapple: -5)

Attacks: Discharge (Strike 4) (DC 19), Flash (Dazzle 4) (DC Fort/Ref 14), Shock Wave (Paralyze 4) (DC Staged/Will 14), Static (Paralyze 2), +4 (DC Staged/Will 12), Thunder Bolt (Blast 4), +4 (DC 19), Thunderwave (Paralyze 4), +4 (DC Staged/Will 14), Unarmed Attack, +2 (DC 13)

Defense: +5 (Flat-footed: +3), Size: Small, Knockback: +0

Drawbacks: Disability, common, minor, Limited Hands, Disability, common, moderate, Limited Speech

Totals: Abilities -6 + Skills 4 (16 ranks) + Feats 8 + Powers 37 + Combat 10 + Saves 12 - Drawbacks 5 = 60
Last edited by whiteprofit on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Re: Gym Leader Alex

Postby whiteprofit » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Gym Leader Alex

Height: 5' 9"
Eye Color: Grey
Hair: Red

Bio
Alex is a friendly but fierce, red headed gym leader in Red Falls. She is a newer gym leader, of the 8 in the Glaciuary Region, but still has many years of experience. She is typically the second badge earned, early in trainer's journeys.

Alex believes in training and practicing in extreme conditions in order to be the best. Young trainers often have to return to this gym a second, third, or even fourth time to gain the badge because the heat alone is too much to handle.

Alex's team of Numel, Torkoal and Darmanitan bring the heat in the humid gymnasium that is located beneath the waterfall. The heat from this fire type gym creates steam and sauna like conditions that will have unprepared trainers and Pokemon sweating bullets.

Pokemon
Numel
Power Level 3; Power Points 45/45
Fire/Ground Type: Cost 11 points
(Vulnerability: Ground, Water. Resist: Bug, Fire, Poison, Rock, Steel. Immunity: Electric)

Torkoal
Fire Type: Cost 4 points
(Vulnerability: Ground, Rock, Water. Resist: Bug, Fire, Grass, Ice, Steel)

Torkoal

Power Level: 4; Power Points Spent: 60/60

STR: +0 (10), DEX: -1 (8), CON: +4 (18), INT: -3 (5), WIS: -2 (6), CHA: -1 (8)

Tough: +4, Fort: +6, Ref: +3, Will: +4

Skills: Notice 8 (+6), Sense Motive 4 (+2)

Feats: Improved Defense 2, Interpose, Power Attack, Withstand Damage

Powers:
Flamethrower (Blast 4) (DC 19; Line Area (5x100 ft. line))
. . Body Slam (Linked)
. . . . Strike 4 (Linked; DC 19)
. . . . Stun 4 (Linked; DC 14)
. . Iron Defense (Alternate Form 2)
. . Smokescreen (Linked)
. . . . Dazzle 4 (Linked; affects: visual senses, DC 14; Cloud Area (20 ft. diameter, lingers); Range (touch))
. . . . Obscure 4 (Linked; affects: visual senses, Radius: 50 ft.; Range (touch))
Hot by Nature (Immunity 4) (uncommon descriptor: Smoke, uncommon descriptor: Heat)
Pokemon Senses (Super-Senses 2) (low-light vision, scent)
Shrinking 8 (-8 STR, -2 size categories, -10 ft. movement; Permanent; Innate; Full Power)
Sturdy Lifter (Super-Strength 1) (+5 STR carry capacity, heavy load: 100 lbs; +1 STR to some checks)

Power Settings:
Iron Defense (Alternate Form) (Powers: Immovable 6, Impervious Toughness 4, Protection 2, Defense Bonus -2 (+2), Feats: Improved Block 2)

Attack Bonus: +5 (Ranged: +5, Melee: +5, Grapple: -5/-4)
Defense: +4 (Flat-footed: +2), Size: Tiny, Knockback: +0
Initiative: -1
Attacks:
"SmokeScreen" Dazzle 4 (DC Fort/Ref 14),
"Flamethrower" (Blast 4) (DC 19),
"Body Slam" Strike 4, +5 (DC 19), Stun 4, +5 (DC Fort/Staged 14),
"Tackle" Unarmed Attack, +5 (DC 15)

Drawbacks: Disability, common, major, No hands, Disability, common, major, Speech Impediment

Totals: Abilities 3 + Skills 3 (12 ranks) + Feats 5 + Powers 35 + Combat 10 + Saves 12 - Drawbacks 8 = 60

Darmanitan
Fire Type: Cost 4 points
(Vulnerability: Ground, Rock, Water. Resist: Bug, Fire, Grass, Ice, Steel)

Gym Environment
Zoey's Gym has a couple environment effects that she and her Pokemon are used to.
The First is Extreme Heat.
This is a DC 10, +1 per previous check every 10 minutes a player or competing Pokemon are in the gym. This starts from when they enter, not when the battle starts. There could be a couple checks made long before the battles even begin. The result of a failed check is a temporary -1 to Constitution. Pretty steep.

This heat check can go up to once a minute (Every Ten Rounds) when the final battle between Darmanitan and the Challenger's last Pokemon is revealed. Zoey calls for it and the effect even requires the fire Pokemon to make a check every 10 minutes (Half that of another type) A Pokemon immune to heat is still immune. Fire Pokemon owned by the player are also immune until this heat increase is made.

Players also need to make the save.
The Second is the Steamy Air
The heat plus the water make it difficult to breath and tire people out that aren't used to it. This is represented by an area Nauseate, DC 10 Fort save. This save does not increase each time it is made like the heat effects, but does stack. So two failed saves results in moving up to Nauseated from sicken.

The save is required every round, but only during battles. Some Pokemon may be immune to the effects, but it should be rare to encounter. Extreme heat Pokemon like Magmar or Torkoal could have powers that ignore this heat inspired condition, but not all fire Pokemon should.

The effect is DC 12 for Pokemon weak to fire type attacks.
The last environmental factor is the water surrounding the major battle platform
The water is hot and could cause damage to some Pokemon if knocked in, and for water pokemon that are swimming, amps the first check to be made each minute (as explained above for the final battle) and the second save (nauseate) to be made at the DC 12 rate.
Last edited by whiteprofit on Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Re: Red Falls

Postby whiteprofit » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:01 pm

Red Falls

Places of Interest
The Red Falls Gym
The History Center

Red Falls Town
The town of Red Falls isn't actually located that close to the actual waterfall it gets it's name from, though the town's gym is located behind the natural formation. The cobble stone streets and gentle homes speak to the age and history inside Red Falls.

Red Falls Gym
Hidden behind the Red Falls themselves, this Fire Type Gym creates a lot of steam and puff that challenges trainers to withstand the heat while also increasing the difficulty for fire Pokemon with the aquatic surroundings.

Alex, the gym leader, is one tough cookie that believes in tough and sometimes harsh training techniques that require the trainer and Pokemon to grow stronger individually and then ultimately together through needing to rely on each other. This trial by fire is a true test that will make or break most teams of challengers.

The History Center
The Pokemon History Center is a library of sorts, with a notable site to see that marks the greater points of history in the Pokemon Universe. Here patrons and researches gain a +5 to knowledge checks and the benefits of the Well Informed and Connected Feats (Or 3e equivalents) when researching Pokemon, Historical Events, or other GM deemed appropriate tasks. Other amenities include a computer lab and a limited laboratory.

The History Center is headed up by a staff of three, including Dr. Hisdusty, a professional researcher and expert in history and Pokemon.

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Re: Gold Creek

Postby whiteprofit » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Gold Creek

Places of Interest:
The Gold Creek Gym
Gold Creek
Gold Creek Jewelry Store

Gold Creek Town
Unlike Ruby Pond, Gold Creek is more accurately named. Hikers and explorers discovered the rich mineral in expeditions and quickly became rich off the finding. But, like the small water way, most of the money flowed right down the falls and into Fjord City, leaving Gold Creek a small town.

Gold Creek Gym
Benji is the leader of the Third Regional Gym and he prefers Flying type pokemon. His birds of prey are trained to fight in the tree tops and forests surrounding the Gold Creek area. The actual arena is set in tall tree tops using supports and cables to hold it up.

Trainers must master their fear of heights by climbing up to the outdoor arena and facing his flock of Pokemon while the wind knocks and sways the supporting and surrounding trees.

Gold Creek (Body of Water)
The small yet rich body of water that connects the Ruby Pond to the Silver River winds along and sometimes floods in rainy season, washing out the Route that follows it. The surrounding areas are heavily wooded and rocky, as the creek descends toward sea level. All sorts of wild Pokemon can be found along the river, using it as a source of refreshment.

Gold Creek Jewelry Store
Though much of the money floated to Fjord City, The GC Jewelry Store is one of the best in all of Glaciuary and famous for it's works of find craftsmanship. This is the site of the event "[url]Enter Team Rocket[/url]".
Last edited by whiteprofit on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Re: Gym Leader Benji

Postby whiteprofit » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:11 pm

Gym Leader Benji
Height: 5' 7"
Eye Color: Brown
Hair: Brown

Bio
The flying type gym leader of Gold Creek, is Benji, a young yet enthusiastic trainer who has literally flown around the world with his Pokemon. He is typically the third gym that trainers challenge and sets his arena in the tree tops of the woods along the creek.

Swaying and shifting high in the air, many challengers are put off by the height and danger in being in the air. Unprepared trainers may find difficulty navigating their flying types through the trees and discover their hoofed or four-legged partners to be reined in by the raised platform.

Pokemon
Swellow
Normal/Flying Type: Cost 8 points
(Vulnerability: Rock, Electric, Ice. Resist: Bug, Grass. Immunity: Ground, Ghost)

Murkrow
Dark/Flying Type: Cost 10 points
(Vulnerable: Electric, Ice, Rock; Resist: Grass, Dark, Ghost; Immunity: Ground, Psychic)

Skarmory
Steel/Flying Type: Cost 26 points
(Vulnerability: Fire, Electric; Resist: Normal, Flying, Bug, Ghost, Steel, Grass, Psychic, Dragon, Dark; Immunity: Poison, Ground)
Last edited by whiteprofit on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Green Woods

Postby whiteprofit » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:41 am

Green Woods
Image Image
Terrain:
Though most people refer to the Green Woods as a denser section of forested land spreading between Brook Town and Red Falls, divided in half by Gold Creek, the greater effects of the wooded area actually cover a much larger portion of the northern Glaciuary Region that includes portions of Silver River and Silver Rapids Town.

Events:
Spinda Day in a Shiftry
Hive Five

Pokemon:
The Pokemon found in the wooded hills of Green Woods vary from small to large and include creatures that are similar to North American forest animals. (Small Birds, Bugs, Rodents, Deer, Fox, Bear, etc)
Last edited by whiteprofit on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Re: Route 1

Postby whiteprofit » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:59 am

Route 1

Terrain:
The majority of Route 1 is wooded and sheltered by branching trees above. In seasons other than summer, the leaves or lack there of, provide differing amounts of light through.

Route 1 is a small road with light traffic. The number of people in Brook Town with a vehicle are few and the number of people heading out that way to visit are even fewer. The majority of the town's citizens make the short walk on Route 1 three or four times a week to the slightly better equipped Ruby Pond, for shopping, supplies, and entertainment.

Events:
[url]1st Wild Pokemon Encounter[/url]

Wild Pokemon:
Wildlife can be found along the roads edge and especially just off the beaten path. Wild Pokemon use this route more than the citizens usually do and so it isn't hard to see a Stantler crossing the road or bird flying overhead.

See entry on Green Woods for more description

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Brook Town

Postby whiteprofit » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:12 pm

Brook Town

Places of Interest
Professor Aspen's Lab

Brook Town
The tiny town of Brook Town is home to less than four hundred people. With such a low population there is only a limited convenience store, small school, and a few other bare necessities to call it a town. The residences of Brook Town rely heavily on Ruby Pond for resources.

Under the Hood:
In a game intending to emulate the video games or tv show, players should start here as their home town, or otherwise be called here to receive their first Pokemon. Another hook for characters that start without a 'starter' is to have them traveling with another NPC who is, or arriving to get a PokeDex from Professor Aspen.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”