anyone done a game based on chronicle

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
zebaroth
Bystander
Bystander

anyone done a game based on chronicle

Postby zebaroth » Tue May 22, 2012 5:39 pm

anyone done a game based on chronicle just saw it and was thinking it could make a good M&M setting. Has any one done this. What is your thoughts on this idea

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: anyone done a game based on chronicle

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed May 23, 2012 10:59 am

I suppose my big question would be how to handle it. The world of Chronicle is one where superpowers are essentially unknown, with only three people total with powers and those powers being virtually overwhelming to conventional forces. Combine that with how only one of the three boys got the hang of projecting protection automatically and the sheer lack of conflict until the two of them started fighting... I'm just not certain how well it would translate into game terms.

Now you might have an interesting time taking one or two of the empowered, having them have picked up the protection field trick, and then put them up against a growing opposition of traditional military as they're seen as dangerous threats. Or, alternately, more people are getting empowered.

zebaroth
Bystander
Bystander

Postby zebaroth » Thu May 24, 2012 5:53 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:I suppose my big question would be how to handle it. The world of Chronicle is one where superpowers are essentially unknown, with only three people total with powers and those powers being virtually overwhelming to conventional forces. Combine that with how only one of the three boys got the hang of projecting protection automatically and the sheer lack of conflict until the two of them started fighting... I'm just not certain how well it would translate into game terms.

Now you might have an interesting time taking one or two of the empowered, having them have picked up the protection field trick, and then put them up against a growing opposition of traditional military as they're seen as dangerous threats. Or, alternately, more people are getting empowered.

I was thinking of have the artifact and have more then of them come to the surface after an earthquake
and exposing massive amounts of people to them

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri May 25, 2012 5:59 am

zebaroth wrote:I was thinking of have the artifact and have more then of them come to the surface after an earthquake and exposing massive amounts of people to them

Ah, so basically just using it as an origin gimmick. That could work. And you could get to all kinds of fun with how power corrupts, as seen in the movie.

zebaroth
Bystander
Bystander

Postby zebaroth » Mon May 28, 2012 1:08 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:
zebaroth wrote:I was thinking of have the artifact and have more then of them come to the surface after an earthquake and exposing massive amounts of people to them

Ah, so basically just using it as an origin gimmick. That could work. And you could get to all kinds of fun with how power corrupts, as seen in the movie.
for the most part but it would pick up will the movie ends but
with some minor plot changes all 3 of the kids are still alive and the earthquake are caused by the one that snaps

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”