Next-Gen: The New Class

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
King Snarf
Paragon
Paragon

Next-Gen: The New Class

Postby King Snarf » Thu May 10, 2012 9:44 pm

Since my last brainstorming game seemed to be fun for all, I thought we'd try a new one.

Anyhoo, according to Steve and Jon, the release of Emerald City means that the Freedomverse timeline has jumped ahead about five years. That means that all the students at Claremont (including the Next-Gen, the Alterniteens, and all the characters from Hero High and it's associated PDFs) have most likely graduated.

So, let's come up with some new students! Let's see an array of teenagers from across the Freedomverse! Just a brief description, no need for full stats and write-ups. The only rule is one character per post, though you can post as many times as you like. Let's go!
Arriba Flight es muy macho!

Visit my blog! http://teentemplars.blogspot.com

Visit my author page!

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Next-Gen: The New Class

Postby Tattooedman » Sun May 13, 2012 8:08 am

Alright, I'll give this one a try since I've always liked Claremont in the setting.

Cloudburst: The daughter of none other than Doctor Stratos, Alexandra “Lexie” Lemasters is a raven-haired teen with a fair amount of angst thanks to her lineage and the power of storms to back it up.

Lexie’s not interested in having anything to do with her father but knows that many of her fellow students half expect her to eventually follow his example. As a result Alexandra plays up the ‘bad girl’ image at Claremont (best known for pushing the limits of the school’s dress code, smoking socially, swearing like a sailor and having a few too many body piercings along with a few other rebellious teenage things) but if things really came down to push and shove she’d fight against any threat to the school and the few real friends she has.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

King Snarf
Paragon
Paragon

Postby King Snarf » Mon May 14, 2012 3:57 am

Nice. I was afraid I was gonna have to start.

Small Fry: Tommy Evans had the life. His dad was the super-hero known as Mr. Big and he, when Tommy developed superpowers of his own, got to be his sidekick. It was the life. Then Mr. Big had a run-in with Dr. Shock.

Duncan Summers had been made aware of the situation and arranged to have Tommy come to the Claremont Academy. Now Tommy, possessing both shrinking abilities and minor pyrokinetic talents, is honing his abilities so that he might one day bring Dr. Shock to justice.
Arriba Flight es muy macho!

Visit my blog! http://teentemplars.blogspot.com

Visit my author page!

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon May 14, 2012 5:42 am

Zom-Boy

In another universe, Freedom City, and eventually the world, was overrun by... something... which caused the dead to rise again. Theories ranged from magic to aliens to Hell being full. Whatever the reason, the zombies quickly overtook the Earth. When the humans were gone, the zombies turned on each other, unable to lay hands on the remaining animals. Eventually, the last zombie crumbled to pieces and ceased to move. Well, all but one... when the Navigatrix returned from one of her dimensional trips, she carried a frail human body which was slowly moving. "Theod-" was all that remaining on the tag of the animated corpse's shirt. Out of compassion, and in an attempt to find out how the zombie plague happened, Daedelus and the TV Doctor joined forces to revive the lost soul. They're still unsure as to the actual mechanism, but they have discovered that Theo's body contains some very strange bacteria which seems to be what keeps his body from rotting away. They also discovered a cocktail of amino acids and minerals which seems to quench his hunger, revealing that he had a rather lively personality once no longer consumed for an overweening desire for flesh, although he remembers almost nothing from his life on the other world. Declaring him safe, they've enrolled him at Claremont, where he's showing himself to be an attentive, if rather too still, student.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Mon May 14, 2012 8:29 am

D6

It's not clear to anyone where Ian Monk, referred to within the school as D6 for his ability to gain different powers by warping his body into different dimensions- the mathematical 1st (incorporeal form), 2nd (thin 'flat' form), 4th (time control), 5th (enhanced strength and durability) and 6th (unrevealed)- has come from. He seems just like a normal teen out of Freedom, but his accent is unrecognizable, his past is not known to anyone (he doesn't even seem to have any kind of recorded past), and he's given no signs of acknowledging a family or his origins. It's almost as if he sprung out whole-cloth as soon as he appeared at Claremont.

More concerning, despite his like-ability, he seems, a little crazy. Mostly in that he has a habit of treating the super-business like it is a roleplaying game, Ian comments on 'failed Will saves', winning the 'opposed power check' and such. Still, aside from those, he's a good teen, who will go down to the wire for anyone in Claremont.
Impeach the peach!

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Tue May 15, 2012 12:08 pm

Couldn’t help myself here, my brain is now churning on ideas for more Claremont students.

Grabbag: Louis Hensely was your everyday teenager until he wandered his way into an ‘alternative religion shop’ and bought what he was told was an old leather pouch. It seemed normal enough until a he was confronted by a man on his way home, who demanded whatever Louis had to give, to which he replied: “All I’ve got is this bag man.”

The mugger took the offered bag and quickly reached into it and pulled out a handful of gold coins which left Louis wondering where that had come from and he quickly reached into the bag and hoping to pull out some kind of weapon he could use to deal with the mugger Much to Louis’ (and the mugger’s) surprise he pulled a large club which he then applied upside the would-be mugger’s head.

Before taking off for home Louis made sure to reclaim his bag.

Soon enough Louis found himself enrolled at Claremont and getting to know his new classmates. He’s liked well enough by most everyone for his care free and easy going mannerisms, though he’s developing a reputation as a jokester thanks to his bag supplying him with the various supplies for his pranks. Several members of the staff are curious as to what Louis can’t pull out of his bag, but so far he’s pulled several kinds of melee weapons that suggest the bag’s original owner created it several centuries ago but his discovery of a bazooka during a session in the Doom Room makes it clear that there have been several owners that have used the bag. Plus the bag doesn’t just let Louis pull out whatever was already stored in it, he can put new things into it as well and most of the times manage to pull out what he’s wanting. Though Louis does have to be clear in in his intension of what he’s wanting to pull from the bag, there have been a few times he’s come up with nothing when he couldn’t decide what he wanted from inside it or pulled out something that was the total opposite of what he’d intended.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Setothes
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Setothes » Sun May 20, 2012 5:00 pm

An old idea, The Centuriteen;

Decades ago, a teenaged Mark Leeds invented a robot counterpart to 'cover' for him when he was off adventuring or testing his powers, and over the years, as his body filled out, adult sized versions as well. Since his death, these dopplegangers have rested in his arctic fortress, but now the first among them, still appearing to be a teenaged version of Mark Leeds, physically, has surfaced and begun using the Centurion-like powers built into his sturdy mechanical body as the Centuriteen!

A new idea, Cynaria;

Three years ago, a devasting 'coral plague' swept over Atlantis, engineered by the Deep Ones, and causing those infected to begin sprouting coral bodies over their bodies, mutating them into monsters. Cynaria was not yet a teen when the plague struck, and the plague mutated in her body, leaving her covered with venomous coral 'armor,' and yet free of the madness that afflicted other infected Atlanteans. The eventual cure failed to treat her condition, and she found her fellow Atlanteans uncomfortable around her, concerned that she might be the 'patient zero' of a new outbreak. She find that the alien surface-worlder students of Claremont Academy treat her with far less suspicion, and has paradoxically come to enjoy her 'exile.'

The inevitable mole, Lyonesse;

Lyonesse is a pleasant and friendly and, at times, very serious, young heroine from France. Her powers stem from enchanted equipment she found while diving, a golden breastplate and helmet and shield and shortspear, with the helmet stylized to resemble a lion's head. She can summon this armor and equipment to herself by magic, and it is stronger than steel (being composed of an alloy of orichalum), despite it's golden appearance, and the magic spear can pierce even battleship steel. It's all a lie. The French teenager never surfaced from her diving expedition, and the teenaged Serpent Folk sorcerer who wears her face and has assumed her life, uses his own sorcery to conjure up armor and weapons, and has a few other spells that he keeps to himself, including one to stymie mental intrusion. His mission was merely to infiltrate and await further orders, but, having spent almost a year in the guise of this young woman, he's grown somewhat ambivalent as to which side he wants to be on. He's not at all confused about who he truly is, but he questions whether he really ever wants to go back to the cold matter-of-fact treachery of Serpent Folk society, or to remain a popular young hero with many friends...

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Tue May 22, 2012 12:41 pm

heck Ill add in som e of my arcadian academy kids.

Evergreen

A young mutant with enormous control over plants and plant life. She was born and raised on a small reservation where her father taught her about the environment and to respect it. this came to a head when her powers manifested and she caused the entire resevration to go from nearly barren scrubland to a rich pasteural land. Shes capable of enormous strength and solar regeneration.

Snowball

A mystery of a past and the ability to shapeshift into any animal form that might exist north of the equator except that theyre all snow white in color. Still inspite of his amnesia he is as jovial and friendly as they come even when shapeshifted into a bear or a Sasquatchesque powerhouse.

Lightning

A young mutant whose as powerful as her namesake. lightning is the cool girl, the one all the girls want to be, and all the guys want to be with. gorgeous and smart dont egt to frisky though or shell light you up like a christmas tree.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”