Core-Earth A: THE NEXTUS

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Corebrute23
Mastermind
Mastermind

Core-Earth A: THE NEXTUS

Postby Corebrute23 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:25 am

This is a world I was thinking of, while combining elements of "Tiger and Bunny" with "In Hero Years I'm Dead", and a bit of the Almighty Johnsons. Essentially, this is a world where since the 60s, superheroes (the NEXTUS) have become profitable. Superheroes and teams are ranked on national boards, competing for the right to work with the world's greatest super team, The Harbringers.

However, there is a partially private organization that oversees this 'superhero association' or 'league' (think soccer clubs, not JLA), called the The American Way, which is responsible not only for monitoring the stats of heroes, but also to transfer teams or individuals heroes to different cities, based around powers and popularity, while also maintaining the standards of behavior ( more on that below). They are also responsible for the payment of heroes, while also managing the special Hero insurance they are eligible for, by being part of the American Way. (see 'How Superheroes make a profit below')

However, I mentioned standards above, there are fairly strict requirements on 'acceptable' superheroes. Some of this has slackened in recent years, but essentially, they resemble the Comic Codes authority. Essentially, no Horror Heroes or 'scary' names (on the brightside no Twilight heroes...yet), no 'sexual deviants' can be openly showed (superheroes of different races however have never been discriminated against), no large breasted women or focus on breasts[this law has become lax in recent years] and of course no grey morality. I will go into detail in another posts.

There are a variety of origins in this world, however special focus will be drawn on Aliens and Divinity origins.

History, more information on "The American Way" and the superhero scoreboard is forthcoming.
Games I'm playing in:
Crinoverse: Warehouse 23
Ben Zabo: Shakes

Games I'm GMing
Grimnoir Chronicles(Open Recruitment until August 30th)

Builds:
The Core brutes 2e

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Core-Earth A: THE NEXTUS

Postby Gilliam » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:26 am

Sounds interesting especially the bit about the Almighty Johnsons as I wouldn't expected that show to be widely known.

Corebrute23
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Core-Earth A: THE NEXTUS

Postby Corebrute23 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:00 am

It hit Britain this year, and I loved it. Gonna use it, but apply to more Pantheons than just Norse gods.

When I get back home I'll post the next bit, about how superheroes can be a succesful career choice. Rather than a night job, or past time for Billionaires.
Games I'm playing in:
Crinoverse: Warehouse 23
Ben Zabo: Shakes

Games I'm GMing
Grimnoir Chronicles(Open Recruitment until August 30th)

Builds:
The Core brutes 2e

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”