Character proposal requirement

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
bobfletch
Bystander
Bystander

Character proposal requirement

Postby bobfletch » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:33 am

I'm gearing up to start a MnM campaign in the next couple months, and I'm contemplating the wisdom of requiring a short character proposal from each of my players. Nothing super detailed, but basic ideas on their character's powers and motivations. There's two reasons for this:

1) I have several procrastinators in my group, and everyone except one person is unfamiliar with the rules. MnM isn't bad once you get used to it, but it is a little more complex than other systems we've played recently, so I don't need the extra hassle of someone either trying to make their character on the spot, or making the character incorrectly.

2) I'm running a game in the DC universe, but also mashing that up with the Savage Worlds setting, Necessary Evil (aliens attacked the earth, wiping out most of the heroes and now it's up to the villains to fight back). With a setting like this one, everybody's playing the bad guys, but it is important they work like a team at least some of the time, and there is a sub-theme of redemption. Therefore, complete psychos can be problematic. The point being, a character proposal may help me identify any problem areas and try to gently steer the player the right direction (I have one who likes Chaotic Neutral characters).

Anyway, long story short, here are the questions I came up with. What questions do you think would be advisable?
Power Concept
) What are your character's powers?

whiteprofit
Titan
Titan

Re: Character proposal requirement

Postby whiteprofit » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:36 am

This post would be better posted in the GM's Eyes Only thread.
Family of Supers -Kit Andersen/ GravityBoy!

bobfletch
Bystander
Bystander

Postby bobfletch » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:58 am

Good point, I'll move it over there once I get a chance.

bobfletch
Bystander
Bystander

Postby bobfletch » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:29 pm

Moved.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”