Halt Evil Doer! thread IV - (Zombies!)

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Halt Evil Doer! thread IV - (Zombies!)

Postby Libra » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Intriguing ideas as ever, fellows and I hope that I can do some justice to them once I've caught up on my beauty sleep and other niggling commitments. :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:14 pm

It seems like this future is in some ways less dangerous then current times. Though the 2012 is a period of transition which can be very dang....interesting. Interesting in the Chinese proverb sense.

I'm envisioning 2037 as something of Gotham City circa Dark Knight Rises. Everyone let their guard down and it's going to explode with a new wave of villains, freaks, and monsters soon enough.

Is this why all the big name superheroes decided to settle down or at least find other pursuits?

I think it was a combination of reasons but boiled down to the Patriots being broken up and everyone losing sight of the big picture.

I really can't see the Black Sheep being in the Tomorrow Society. If they caught him I would imagine they would throw him in the deepest darkest hole they can find.

I figure it eventually came out the Foundation assassinated the previous President. As a result, Black Sheep gained a lot of unnecessary credibility and went from a psychotic terrorist to a guy who VENGEANCE seeking Tomorrow Society members wanted.

Who took over Raven Industries?

Presently, it's run by legally emancipated Ultramind II, who is now going by the name "Leeta."

I am not understanding how Brick would have the possibility of death when Alex and George didn't?

My apologies but Brick has been Black Wing III for over twenty years at this point and his super-technological Black Wing suit has allowed him to actually do the job longer, harder, and tougher than either of his predecessors. Unfortunately, it's left him something of a mess inside and he's actually been picking up the slack for so many other heroes.

I know Ashley killed many people but did she after she was turned? What exactly is the errata on that spell?

Ashley, thankfully, already kept her soul due to a separate matter.

Did Valkyrie dye her hair black? Did Lucien grow a pencil thin mustache and adopt a Spanish accent? Does the family snap in time? These questions need answers.

LOL.

I think Death is just to weirded out of to try and take his soul. I mean they would meet, BD would chat Death up, they would go out for drinks, and the next morning Death would wake up without robe and scythe, a pounding headache, and no memory of the past night. Death just doesn't want to deal with that kind of hassle.

Strangely, this is likely literally true.

Divinos and Athena are good friends but there is no romantic chemistry between them at all. Still Divinos is beginning to enjoy things like theater, cool jazz, and well food.

Divinos, hilariously, is LOOKING for a secret identity but everyone simply notice he's built like a Brick Wall and his grasp of human interaction is...shaky.

They need a good spy to run the organization not some military brass. Cloak & Dagger business should be well cloak and dagger.

Agreed.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Libra wrote:Intriguing ideas as ever, fellows and I hope that I can do some justice to them once I've caught up on my beauty sleep and other niggling commitments. :D

Can't wait to see it.

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Voltron64 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:22 pm

I just got a Crazy Campaign Idea for this era.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex meets True Blood.

8)
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:26 pm

Heroic Earth: The Next Generation part 4

The Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age, Iron Age, and Information Age have given rise to the Fusion Age. The Fusion Age of Heroic Earth is a time which has rarely existed in comics. For the past twenty-five years, supervillains and evildoers have been on the retreat and it has been a time of relative peace and rebuilding. Unfortunately, that means that it has lead to a time when the world is especially vulnerable to the next generation of evil doers.

The following events start, unfortunately, the dawn of the Fusion Age's need for a new generation of heroes to take up the call.

The Downfall of Super-Alcatraz

Super-Alcatraz has only been broken down once in the history of its existence by the Psychotic Seven at the height of their power. This time, a mysterious new villain known as The Corruptor takes it one step futher. Super-Alcatraz and its entire prison population are emptied out onto the world with the facility's staff murdered and the remains sunk beneath the Earth.

Contrary to what you might think, the Corruptor did not turn these into an army but simply unleashed them on an unsuspecting populace with thousands of teleporters to take them anywhere they wanted.

The Rise of Department Zero

The Knights for a Pure Mankind and Project: Icarus seemed to be faint memories with Michael Spectre's corrupted branch of the US government having collapsed. Unfortunately, it was too soon to declare victory. Without General Venom to reign them in, many of the middle managers of the House joined together with the remnants of the Project to create a secret cabal in the United States for the purposes of controlling superhumans.

Department Zero is a public state agency for the purposes of containing superhuman terrorism. It's not "directly" bigoted, some of its leading members are superhuman, but it is oppressive and authoritarian. The organization exists to weaponize superhumans wherever possible and turn them into assets for the United States. It has no objection to misusing superhumans abroad or at home while breaking virtually any law it can in the name of national security.

Department Zero has its own superhuman team, Liberty Force, which is a ridiculously jingoistic team brainwashed into believing anything done for the good of America is justified. It also maintains its own army of power-armor wearing commandos, robots, and mecha.

The Wrath of Scarab

Terrorism has a new face with this bizarre organization. When the future of 20XX was prevented, this resulted in the eradication of the future where Ramses II ruled over the ashes of an enslaved humanity in the 200th century. His son, Ramses IV (having murdered the third of his line), decided he would rectify this situation by taking a vast number of loyal troopers on his SPHINX-ship back in time to conquer Earth. Ramses IV was promptly knocked out of the sky by a unnamed team of heroes and barely survived the crash.

Scarab has since been formed from the survivors who recruit, brainwash, and arm people from the Middle East. Scarab is refreshingly direct in its goals, being determined to annihilate all world governments, forcibly destroy all religions which don't acknowledge the Egyptian Gods as supreme, and institute a worldwide phaorich with their leader as God-King. Ramses IV has since been killed and is now replaced by The Black Horus. Rumors attest that Klingon promotion is a fairly common thing in Scarab and everyone takes a suitably scary name.

The Discovery of Virtual Space

The mixture of magic and technology are something which has always had potential but rarely results in anything good. This is definitely not the case with Virtual Space, the Otherworldly embodiment of the Internet. Aside from Scarlet Rooms, which contain exactly the sort of use for a five-senses immersion into the internet as you'd expect, the Virtual Space universe is used by people to explore the measure of what is real.

Virtual Space is not presently available to the public, still being experimented on in universities and labs across the globe. It is, however, a place many underground black markets and computer nerds deal in. Inside, you can be anyone you want and create your own worlds to play in. The price, however, is severe. Death in Virtual Space means death in the real world and even strong defenses usually result in comas or blindness.

The Church of Orkus

After Orkus' failed invasion, he has taken a more indirect means of subverting the Earth. Sending his agents amongst the remnants of the International Crime League, Orkus has begun offering them weapons and wealth unimaginable in exchange for their allegiance to his "Faith of Evil." This often as not doesn't work but has succeeded enough times that he has started to develop a serious following amongst the peoples of the Earth. After all, why worship something nebulous as the Judeo-Christian God when you can worship a god as material and real as Orkus?

The Church of Orkus is an international criminal-syndicate in cult that traffics in every form of misery imaginable. Members of the Church often have Wormholes directly to Abaddon and the direct assistance of Entropic Masters' avatars for plenty of their plots.

The Phoenix Project

Project: Icarus was eventually shut down and destroyed by the Foundation for World Harmony working in tandem with superheroes. Unfortunately, that just meant that all of its vast swaths of Nazi-esque research into the human genome was made public. The staggering benefits from this, combined with Genesis Island's own groundbreaking research, made the governments of the world re-evaluate its ban on supersoldier programs.

The Phoneix Project is the United States' revived super-soldier program with the mission of creating superhuman superheroes in labs by either giving people superpowers or creating them in petrie dishes. The Phoenix Project is suspicious of superhumans on both sides of the law and is VERY likely to overact to any who discover its actions.

The Return of the Illuminati

The internment of Death Mask III by the government plus the one-two punches of his attempts at dismantling it lead to the organization of P.H.A.N.T.O.M going to shambles. The survivors had a surprising revelation in the aftermath of this: why not simply become as rich and powerful as humanly possible? As a result, the new Board of Directors has a new policy. They still finance and outfit terrorist organizations but they do so from behind the scenes.

It doesn't matter who: Scarab, UNITY, UNIFORCE, UNITE, The Meta-Liberation Front, Al-Shaheed etc. As long as they're willing to cause terror and murder, the new Illuminati will gladly give you the weapons you need to do it. They only require a few small favors, things which they use to sink their claws in deep while they invest in the opposition of whoever is going to be hit. The Illuminati is also very good at rooting out these terrorist organizations and providing the technology necessary to governments who don't have pockets as deep as the United States. All the while plotting the next group to replace the ones they betray.

They're the guys which make supervillainy profitable.

Robots in Disguise

Ultramind made an attempt to supplant humanity by creating a new race of super-robots designed for the express purpose of exterminating mankind. With the assistance of Black Wing III, Ultramind 2, and a number of other heroes; these AI were exposed to humanity's mind as a whole and given full sentience. Roughly half of them because Guardians, beings determined to live in peace with humanity and Machine Lords, robots who want nothing more than to enslave or exterminate all mankind.

The world doesn't know about these ever-increasing minorities amongst them and the Foundation for World Harmony is currently covering their battles up.

The Rise of the Anti-Hero

The escape of over 1,500 superpowered inmates from Super-Alcatraz not to mention several thousand terrorists has resulted in a lot of superpowered heroes emerging who are pretty sure that the only way to make sure their earlier peace is returned to is to, well, kill them all. Others are radical idealists and people who the newly freed inmates have traumatized in some way. These anti-heroes aren't necessarilly WRONG as they include many people who are, by and large, not the sociopaths of the Iron Age but willing to do what they consider necessary.

So it's a more morally ambiguous situation for all.
Last edited by Charles Phipps on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:26 pm

Voltron64 wrote:I just got a Crazy Campaign Idea for this era.

8)

Entirely possible!

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Voltron64 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:32 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:
Voltron64 wrote:I just got a Crazy Campaign Idea for this era.

8)

Entirely possible!

I just wanna see cyborgs along the lines of Major Kusanagi and Adam Jensen get into Matrix-esque fights with vampires.
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

greycrusader
Superhero
Superhero

Postby greycrusader » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:34 pm

My next post will indeed involve re-inventing a few of my characters along Project: Superpowers lines, set in one of the alternate futures of the HED-verse.

Not sure which timeline is best suited to my concepts quite yet-the Dystopia or Future of Wonders. Even the idealized future has certain fascistic elements.

I may try to tie-in the Power Trio and Next Generation heroes as well.

All my best.
The Contingent: When all other super teams fail...

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Looking forward to both greycrusader and Libra's entry/comments!

Also, I updated part 4.

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Phrozen » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:
Villains

General Venom seemingly died decades ago and is irrelevant to most people's lives.

I imagine that Jack Washington II is quite happy that everybody forgot his nom de guerre. I imagine that he is this 'Old Snake' figure or Big Dog adopted another monkier. Though it might be a public face - private face between them. (That sound you hear is the assembled non-world threatening villains realizing just how unprotected they really are.)

Jack Washington III also known as The Intelligence has become a pure science criminal with dreams of instituting a technological utopia with himself as godlike mastermind over a race of cyborgs and androids,

He, thankfully, has had a lot of time to think about this since he's been imprisoned the entire time.

That doesn't make him any less dangerous. In fact, it lets him have an easy alibi since he is locked up. See the Mad Thinker. Also, he lost the elections to Robert Jack. :lol:

Aquarius sacrificed his life to protect Atlantis and was raised to godhood by Posiedon. A fact that backfired when he supported Athena to driving back the sea. He has since sired numerous demigod children.

The Greek deities were never known for their foresight. The things that came back and bit them in the butt are uncountable. I would also like to imagine that Hephaestus wasn't sent to Tartarus. He never got a fair deal from the other Olympians and hopefully Athena would have some pity for him.

Red Jaguar died protecting Nestoria from an invasion from the future.

Long story.

It was actually his great^34 grandson. Of course by that time the actual genetic donation by Red Jaguar was infinitesimal but that didn't stop the future invader from making a claim on the throne.

Hecate has assumed the mantle of Athena as Earth's Defender with the ressurection of her family. NO ONE on Earth accepts her as a hero and she's hunted in-between her acts of heroism.

This won't ever go bad. Nope, not a bad idea at all. :roll:

Moss Pit was destroyed by Michael Drake who has since been charged with finding a new host for the being's Elemental Powers.

He will get right on it. You know after all the quests he has to go over. The problem being is that right now Mick has a plant growing out of his skull.

Old Vulture: "Mick, what did we just kill?"
Mick: "Plant elemental for the whole Earth. Why do you ask?"
Old Vulture: "You've got a fern growing out the top of your skull hombre."
Mick: "@*&^"

Jack Union and Jane Union died blowing up a meteor of Annihilation Zone matter sent to destroy Earth. Really, no one saw that coming.

Well, one person saw it coming. You think the Red Jaguar trusted those two psychopaths? Nope, behavioral control nanites ftw.

The Dark Undermaster has since spent the past 1,000 relative years studying with the Furies and Lamialith the arts of black magic. Having grown bored with the gatekeeper role long ago, he's abandoned it and now intends to take over the world!

You know, for kicks.

Also, no one will make jokes about his height, or his complexion, or his love life and lack there of. He doesn't have a Napoleon complex, you hear him. Psychotherapy is a whole bunch of baloney.

The Red King attempted to live a peaceful life with his daughter only for her to be killed by mutant-hating bigots. Using a power-drainer, he proceeded to steal the energy of Helios the Sun King and killed his old mentor before causally eradicating the pathetic remnants of his followers.

The Red King (also known as the Scarlet Emperor since he's abandoned his Alice in Wonderland fetish) is now the single most powerful Metaman in the world, possessed of limitless genius, and fully intent on transforming all humans into superpowerful Metamen. He's even enslaved the Lord Evillutionary.

And now has a bunch more enemies as he has taken a less diplomatic approach then his previous incarnation. Really, though the war between the Scarlet Emperor and followers and whatever the Tomorrow Society following the Black Sheep are called will be incredibly nasty. I am assuming BS is teaching his followers how to kill, torture, maim, and do things that will haunt their nightmares for the rest of their lives.

Orkus? Orkus...is.

Mick: "and the Dude abides. What?"

Ultramind merged with Death Mask III and the two beings have since become a star conquering evil.
Kenneth Kane, ironically, is trapped in the Annihilation Zone as a time-travel accident left two of them. Kenneth Kane was found guilty of all of his crimes, forcing him to be banished for the rest of his natural life.

The Ultramind-Death Mask III being actually ran into something that called itself the Chrono Praetorian. It sounded a lot like Kenneth Kane and sorta looked like him. It was the being that created the time accident that unmerged Ultramind and Kenneth but also stranded them in the Annihilation Zone. It told Kane that it "isn't time yet."

The Iron Khan perished and his daughter has since taken over the secret society with her all-female ninjas. They have since adopted a more classist-based movement designed to destroy civilization.

Assisting them is Deathwing, the great grandson of Graywing who is every bit the physical and mental equal of his ancestor. Yes, he looks like a very bulky luchador.

Deathwing also killed El Gato to steal his look and has the backing from the Blood Brothers. They have targeted Falconcrest first to take advantage of an aging Black Wing III. Though Count Reich II has a stranglehold on the amount of nihilists so recruiting is taking longer then expected, thankfully. (About the last time that anybody will thank Count Reich II for anything.

Nergal, a blond cackling maniac, has seized control over a third of hell and is actively plotting to conquer/corrupt everything in the universe. Mostly out of boredom, Belial and Mister Hoppy have allowed him to become part of Hell's Triumvarite.

Now, if there only was a immortal that would totally mock Nergal's offer to sell his soul with Belial snickering in the background.

The Darkness Beyond Time was slain by Orkus who hoped to claim his power, instead releasing numerous Elder Gods' avatars into reality who are plotting the destruction of everything. The barriers between the Annihilation Zone and this reality will continue to weaken until a replacement is found.

Nice job breaking it....villain?

The Wicked Queen from every fable ever has taken over Otherworld for the time being. The bright and noble fey are fighting back this time.

Is this some type of gestalt being because there were so many of them......

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:21 pm

Heroic Earth: The Next Generation part 5
Villains of the New Era

The Corruptor: A demented sorcerer and scientist from the Utopian Future of Wonders' far distant future. A former Patriots Legion villain, he believed the wonder and glory of the Future resulted in humanity's eventual extinction and that evil was necessary to keep us strong. He's since traveled further back in time to continue his war on good.

Dagon: The dreadful 100ft tall Cthulhuoid terror has awakened fully from his slumber and attacked cities with tidal waves, sanity-blasting psychic attacks, and seemingly endless hordes of Merrow. Several times, he's been driven away by Atlantis and the power of Aquarius the God but it's only a matter of time before his siblings start waking up.

Deathwing: Intelligent, ruthless, and hyper-skilled, Death Wing is one of the most dangerous men in the world. He has managed to fight Black Wing III to a standstill on numerous occasions and brought numerous countries to the ground. Death Wing is a leader of the Western Branch of the Black Hand and is building it up on class warfare lines.

The Doll Factory: A corporation formerly owned by General Venom and designed to create his androids. The Doll Factory is a sleazy organization that creates sexaroids, assassins, and dopplegangers for those willing to pay the multimillion dollar price per creation.

Dungeon: A former CIA operative turned kidnapper. Dungeon targets wealthy and powerful people before locking them up in horroric sanity-blasting cages. If he's paid his ransom, he returns them only slightly worse for wear. If he doesn't, he locks them away permanently in his personal zoo of turtures. Dungeon is a psychopath gadgeteer whose wealth now exists only to fuel his hobby.

Nergal: A beautiful angelic being who has crawled his way up from the lowest part of the pits. He is overwhelmingly eager to corrupt the innocent, destroy heroes, and generally acts as an overeager supervillain as much as an ancient Lord of Nightmare.

The Psychodelic: Blessed with the powers of Mighty Man merged with the astral consciousness of a deceased future-warlord, the Psychodelic is a lunatic 70s radical whose absurd clothing and habits is matched by his terrifying power.

The Saint of Murder: Believed to be Blood Wing's re-animated corpse. The Saint of Murder is a theme serial killer who enjoys killing people in horrible death traps, with gadgets, and leaving clues to the police. It'd all be terribly comic book if not for the fact he's killed dozens of people since his debut.

The Silver Phoenix: A former Egyptian General who discovered an alien artifact which could give him an indestructible suit of armor. The Silver Phoenix believes himself to be a de-powered god and is constantly seeking new magic and technology to make himself a literal one.

The Unionists: A group of radical British superpowered punks who have decided to devote themselves not to the ideal of the Red King or Madame Tomorrow but Jack Union and his sister. The Unionists kill criminals, rob banks, and generally do whatever the hell they want. Membership is restricted, of course, to people from the U.K.

Wicked Queen: A member of the Lords of Winter who is the embodiment/inspiration for all other Wicked Queens and evil stepmothers. She is a sorceress, beautiful, and utterly lacking in morality. The Wicked Queen desires nothing more than to be loved but because she's such a monster, she never can be. Such is the irony of Fairy Tales.

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Phrozen » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:07 pm

Now, that I think about it. I think the Black Sheep leading a faction is actually an interesting turn to the character. In the timeline he has to be getting on in years. He has mostly been a loner and pretty anti-social, (aren't all villains?), with the only interaction being getting hired, caught, and paid. Now, he has a whole gaggle of youngsters, assuming that the faction that went off with him are all hot headed teenagers, who somehow delusionaly look up to him. Maybe it will awaken those emotions that were telepathically severed so long ago.

IOW, wacky hi-jinks ensue.....

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Phrozen » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:Heroic Earth: The Next Generation part 5
Villains of the New Era

The Corruptor: A demented sorcerer and scientist from the Utopian Future of Wonders' far distant future. A former Patriots Legion villain, he believed the wonder and glory of the Future resulted in humanity's eventual extinction and that evil was necessary to keep us strong. He's since traveled further back in time to continue his war on good.

Also, expect a lot of quotes from Goehte's Faust when fighting the Corrupter. He really took the theme of ambition is good and holy to great lengths.

Dagon: The dreadful 100ft tall Cthulhuoid terror has awakened fully from his slumber and attacked cities with tidal waves, sanity-blasting psychic attacks, and seemingly endless hordes of Merrow. Several times, he's been driven away by Atlantis and the power of Aquarius the God but it's only a matter of time before his siblings start waking up.

Amazingly enough Ghoul-B-Gone has a winning track record against Dagon. It has something to do with their blue collar work ethic, snarky sarcastic wit, and well this type of thing has become amazingly common.

"Lets show this squid how we do things uptown!"
"Boys, looks like fish is on the menu tonight!"

Deathwing: Intelligent, ruthless, and hyper-skilled, Death Wing is one of the most dangerous men in the world. He has managed to fight Black Wing III to a standstill on numerous occasions and brought numerous countries to the ground. Death Wing is a leader of the Western Branch of the Black Hand and is building it up on class warfare lines.

Deathwing tried to take over Falconcrest and "put it out of its misery". He actually brought almost the total number of Western Black Hand members with him. Falconcrest was only saved by the unexpected arrival of almost all the Rock N Rollas from Falconcrest and Raven. Apparently, the Black Hand had damaged the clubs original roadhouse and that was an insult even the cash that Deathwing had paid to the club for the non-interference couldn't absolve.

Deathwing did kill the clubs national leadership afterwards leading to some very mutual hatred.

The Doll Factory: A corporation formerly owned by General Venom and designed to create his androids. The Doll Factory is a sleazy organization that creates sexaroids, assassins, and dopplegangers for those willing to pay the multimillion dollar price per creation.

Destroying one of these factories was one of Black Dragons favorite missions. He got a whole gaggle of robotic duplicates of Big Answer, Swash!, and Robert Jack to act as his man servants among other things.

Dungeon: A former CIA operative turned kidnapper. Dungeon targets wealthy and powerful people before locking them up in horroric sanity-blasting cages. If he's paid his ransom, he returns them only slightly worse for wear. If he doesn't, he locks them away permanently in his personal zoo of turtures. Dungeon is a psychopath gadgeteer whose wealth now exists only to fuel his hobby.

Really, it is not that hard to drive someone crazy. The hard part is driving them crazy on a specific timetable. 48 hours of time deprivation can totally mess up someone's eternal clock enough that the seriously begin doubting reality.

Dungeon has safe houses throughout the world and tends to move between them often enough to be hard to catch. He also takes contracts from other interests but always seeks the pleasure in his business.

Nergal: A beautiful angelic being who has crawled his way up from the lowest part of the pits. He is overwhelmingly eager to corrupt the innocent, destroy heroes, and generally acts as an overeager supervillain as much as an ancient Lord of Nightmare.

Mick Drake: "Just how drunk were you when you decided this popinjay to join Hells triumvitrate? Wait. Don't answer that."

The Psychodelic: Blessed with the powers of Mighty Man merged with the astral consciousness of a deceased future-warlord, the Psychodelic is a lunatic 70s radical whose absurd clothing and habits is matched by his terrifying power.

His lack of fashion sense has been commented on to the point it has become a berserk button. He dresses more Saturday Night Fever than Shaft. "Conquering the world in the name of funk" would be hilarious if Psychodelic wasn't deadly serious about it and intent on killing everybody "not smooth enough", those being everybody that isn't him. Also, he goes on a hell of a cocaine bender.

The Saint of Murder: Believed to be Blood Wing's re-animated corpse. The Saint of Murder is a theme serial killer who enjoys killing people in horrible death traps, with gadgets, and leaving clues to the police. It'd all be terribly comic book if not for the fact he's killed dozens of people since his debut.

The terrifying thing is that it isn't one person. It is a team of deranged killers. They have a very specific goal in mind: to be the biggest killers in human history. It takes a special kind of crazy to look at Blood Wings legacy and say "yeah, I can do better then that."

The Silver Phoenix: A former Egyptian General who discovered an alien artifact which could give him an indestructible suit of armor. The Silver Phoenix believes himself to be a de-powered god and is constantly seeking new magic and technology to make himself a literal one.

The Silver Phoenix is busy uniting the mess that Zulan has become under his banner. Most heroes haven't moved to check this yet which is letting the Silver Phoenix grow his power base and find all the secerts that are stashed in Zulan. This of course is a bad thing but the worldwide heroes have been busy.

The Unionists: A group of radical British superpowered punks who have decided to devote themselves not to the ideal of the Red King or Madame Tomorrow but Jack Union and his sister. The Unionists kill criminals, rob banks, and generally do whatever the hell they want. Membership is restricted, of course, to people from the U.K.

They also love a Clockwork Orange, the movie not the book since reading is not one of their pastimes. The authorities in the UK are not sure what to do with them. In some places it is like Lord of the Flies.

Wicked Queen: A member of the Lords of Winter who is the embodiment/inspiration for all other Wicked Queens and evil stepmothers. She is a sorceress, beautiful, and utterly lacking in morality. The Wicked Queen desires nothing more than to be loved but because she's such a monster, she never can be. Such is the irony of Fairy Tales.

Well, the Sunflower Knight would probably love her because they are so similar: vain, concerned with appearance, and ruthless. There is that irony thing since the Sunflower Knight serves the other court.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:40 am

Apologies for not posting at all, but I've been gripped by a truly Olympian case of gold fever, which probably won't abate until the closing ceremonies next sunday; I'll do my best to work around that but fear that I can make no promises.

Hopefully I'll have worked out how to turn all this distraction into inspiration by then too! :wink:
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:55 am

Thanks Phrozen!

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Been a crazy week even for me.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”