Any ideas would be a good help

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
chaos018
Groupie
Groupie

Any ideas would be a good help

Postby chaos018 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:32 am

hey, ATT peeps, gotta question concerning a campaign I am running. MnM 2e, if u guys are curious. You see, in my setting, a virus has pretty much ruined most of the living population (animals aren't really affected but due to virus now spread a form of lycanthropy if enraged or starled....omg just thought about a were-skunk, lol). After 20yrs, the virus and surviving population has settled, all now having a high potential of powers. Now, if things go along the way I hope, my group will eventually start discovering uncommon materials being stolen (consider steel and all lesser grade commercial materials near infiinite due to die-out), may even have the energy source in their base (they perfected a type of magnetic energy source from available tech, theirs is amongst the highest left in the world) stolen from them. They will also discover a mutated form of the virus that killed most of Earth has also been found, one that could kill off the rest of the world without contest. Problem is that....I cannot think of a delivery method that will affect the entire world. My question to u guys is.....what should the delivery method be? Also, the materials needs for such a method to be produced. You can include my player's energy source if you would like, I even encourage it, lol. If need be, you can include magical means as well, seeing as the culprit will be eventually found out to be a very insane nercomantic, magical version of the Black Lantern, who will also be my oldest younger brother

Flamez
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Any ideas would be a good help

Postby Flamez » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:18 am

Honestly it can become just about anything just as long as you pace it right and plant the seeds before hand. The first thought that came to my head would be sending the virus through the air or even the water supply (poisoning the well so to speak). Your brother could even have an underground base that was built during the twenty years and has enough material he needs to create the virus all over again. In fact the stuff your party finds could lead you right to it. As long as it makes sense then your good to go.

Hope this is enough to get you brainstorming. :lol:

chaos018
Groupie
Groupie

Postby chaos018 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:00 am

yea, it does help some but not in the way you would think, lol. Just trying for something that an exmarine would know but not anything outright obvious. Something that requires specific materials, any quantity of them, but something not altogether impossible to make nowadays.

Damren
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Damren » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:40 am

If I were to stay on the conventional side, I would go unmanned drones. The drones could be made of something exotic (plasteel, or have a special coating to allow for stealth) and use, what is now, extremely rare tech for long range piloting. Your power source could be used to boost control of the drones, or even establish a link with any remaining satalite monitoring systems. With that level of intel, they could easily find and target the remaining pockets of civilization. Hit the population centers & the rest should fall, maybe leaving a few to be picked off by ground forces.

To go magical, I guess I would be curious as to why he wants to wipe everything out. Is this some attempt to summon Nekron? Or, is he planning on ruling an Earth filled with darklight zombies? Has he gathered the shards of a black lantern or discovered a black power ring (maybe summoning one through time, thus needing the power source)? Was the virus a 'backup plan' by Nekron, Scar or Blackhand, and have the Guardians quarantined Earth due to its ability to do harm on a galactic scale? Since you mentioned a Blacklantern, I assumed you were doing a variant DC game, if not, just pick whatever characters work to fit the script.

Otherwise, Air Elementals or Water Elementals could work (some would likely cherish the end of man). A mass or swarm of carrier creatures (darklight bats, insects, ravens) might do the trick. Some kind of weather control array that needs a potent source of power. Bring Major Disaster back from the dead. Trick some old world hero (who survived & feels guilty because of past failure) into delivering a 'cure' via his super powers, or just make him the carrier - killing off people shortly after he saves them?

chaos018
Groupie
Groupie

Postby chaos018 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:34 am

@Damren: Not trying to summon Nekron....he will BE Nekron. Going to fluff it as our Earth being Earth-Q from the DC 52 universes, a universe in which did not spawn supers at all. This virus will be a product of my brother's meanderings with both science and death magicks. Having the survivors gain a higher potential of powers, and with his defeat in the New Earth/Earth-0 universe (the dead can't die, just wait for another chance, lol), Nekron kinda used mental lies to get my brother into all this stuff. Without the Anti-Monitor to back up the power source, the first nekron will be the backup (idea, he could have transformed into an entity of death, like that of life, maybe a HUGE freaking worm or maggot) with my brother taking up mantle. In fact, using his animation powers, he brought back my baby brother under his command and started a war, philosophy against old humanity and such, with the idea of distracting the area's remaining survivors just so he would not be stopped in his globalwide conquest.

Session 3 has already concluded with a battle with mini-plant monsters attacking the main base of my players, taking a buttload of aviation repair parts from their machine shop. The aviation drone/swarm idea in conjunctions with my virus will be SO up his alley. But with his knowledge base, his repairs on his machines won't be 100% in line with what my players have. In fact, his own "Black Lantern" lantern and ring will have a very limiting flaw, that they cannot work without being in or around diseased land. My setting will have the area repleted with that since it is ground zero for it. To destroy this lantern for sure, someone would have to wield the opposite magical ring (i.e. the White Lantern ring) and plunge both himself and Nekron into the lantern, sucking both this player and Nekron into its dead universe. The player in mind already plans on making one of his regenerative powers have reincarnation so this will not be a problem, especially since he is also one tough mother effer in game, :).

P.S. There are no Guardians in this universe. Due to Nekron's weakness after the Blackest Night, he had to go the route of magicks to get his strength back up, hence not being the one conquering in the first place.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”