Freedomverse 52

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
King Snarf
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Freedomverse 52

Post by King Snarf » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:08 am

RomLoneWolf23 wrote:Okay, I can take a hint. One Last Attempt, then.

55) The Hand of Horus - John Farrow was never the most eager of College Students, so when his Archeologist uncle Henry invited him to a trip to Egypt to help with an excavation project, John only agreed to because it would help improve his Grades. He expected nothing more then carrying boxes and digging in the dirt, so when serpent-folk and strange monsters attacked the base camp, it was a bit of a shock, especially when his uncle was killed in front of his eyes, ostensibly on Set's orders. Then he discovered his Uncle used to be the human host of the Egyptian deity Horus, and had secretly kept Horus' Ankh, he begged to Horus to avenge his uncle's death. And Horus granted his request in a rather roundabout way, by empowering him as his new Host. Now John Farrow fights Set's minions as the new Horus the Avenger.
YES.
Arriba Flight es muy macho!

Visit my blog! http://teentemplars.blogspot.com

Visit my author page!

dirkgentry2000
Zealot
Zealot

Post by dirkgentry2000 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:14 am

Man - I'd love to see some art or faux covers made up for some of these. Hand of Horus was what made me think of this - but there's a lot of cool ideas in here that would be fun to see illustrated.

Duncan Summers
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Post by Duncan Summers » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:22 am

56) Silencer: The Combat Diaries- Join Freedom City's resident anti-Mob vigilante in his war against both the Mafia and the so-called 'heroes' who do nothing to cure the disease of crime. (Possibly for mature audiences)

kerianvalentine
Zealot
Zealot

Post by kerianvalentine » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:27 pm

Freedom Isn't Free

This is the story of the day the world ended.

This is the story of the day a good man died.

A limited edition series, done from the perspective of the entire Freedom League - one hero for each issue - about the day Omega and the Terminus came. This is an epic; we start off the universe with the way the universe should be started, an epic tale from the perspective of those who are participating and those whose participation is limited to the sidelines. This is Kirby stuff right here - epic gods and monsters clashing, put together not through the eyes of those who are closest to it, nor through the eyes of those who can only watch, but worse - through the eyes of those who have power, who have all the power in the world, and still cannot change its outcome.

Across the entire series, we see the Terminus's effects, Omega's power, and the battle rotating solely around Centurion and Omega. Each book contains no more than a few shots of the actual fight, and is instead constructed on the narrative of that hour-or-so-long period, looking at what's going on AROUND Centurion and Omega more than anything else.

Then the final issue is Centurion's own, and it's all about the fight, and what's been going through his head, playing with continuity as we see all the other heroes assembling and doing the things they're doing in *their* books from a new angle, as he battles against Omega in that Darkseid-vs-Superman fight that we all wanted but never really got.

The last shot of the book is first-person view through the eyes of Centurion, reaching his hand up at the sky, and then nothing.