The Homage Universe (new general update)

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
djday45
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: The Homage Universe (The Pugilist update)

Post by djday45 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:06 pm

Have now added Rocky Dempsey the Pugilist to the Freedom Squad entry.

djday45
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: The Homage Universe (Officer Prometheus update)

Post by djday45 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:58 pm

Have now added officer Prometheus to the Freedom Squad entry.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The Homage Universe (Officer Prometheus update)

Post by Libra » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:59 am

Excellent work DJ Day! I have a number of suggestions and I WILL get around to posting them, when I can. :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

djday45
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: The Homage Universe (Pan and Belle update)

Post by djday45 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:59 am

Thanks Libra always appreciate your detailed feedback when you can get round to it. New update Pan and Belle in the Freedom Squad entry.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:09 am

I'll try and share mine in a bit.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:35 pm

Thank you for the kind words DJ Day. :)
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

djday45
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Post by djday45 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:16 am

After running this campaign for quite some time now (the original timeline now moving forward to 1979) I have decided to continue after a huge absence to update and expand it here. If people would still like to hear of it and the heroes and villains of the Homage Universe?

The campaign has quite a rich history now and has been quite original in that the players have often swapped hero groups for a "mini-series" or story arch before switching to another group of famous heroes, being invested in the setting as a whole rather than individual heroes of their own creation.

Any preferences for what aspects or characters of the campaign I detail next?

rgds
djday

djday45
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Lord Nefarious

Post by djday45 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:34 pm

Lord Nefarious – Born one of the most privileged and wealthy aristocrats in England Lord Lucas Nefarious grew up a self centred, spoilt and thoroughly bullying child. Traits that only become more extreme as he grew into an unpleasant and ambitious man. Soon becoming bored and jaded with his own wealth and power he started to invest his money into criminal and borderline illegal companies and groups such as Panstar and especially Viper, where he rapidly gained power and prestige till he become one of the secret council, the high level advisers to Iron Cross. He soon was given divisions of Viper of his own to run and soon came into conflict with the Sentinels and the Protectors becoming a regular thorn in the side of both groups of heroes, even becoming directly responsible for the murder of Apache one of the founder members of the New Protectors.
Finally deciding he must himself be given the personal power of these heroes that kept thwarting him he paid Panstar and Stephen Stone a large fortune and his shares in Panstar to be given the power of Astroman in a dangerous experiment which would directly transfer Astroman’s powers to the evil lord. The experiment went only too well and the captive Astroman had to look on in horror as his immense power was leeched from his body into the aging Lord Nefarious. However Stephen Stone had as always loaded the deal in his favour. He had not told Nefarious that the experiments successes was only temporary his power had to be “topped up” by further treatments only Stone could provide. Maybe it was this double cross or maybe the experiment itself but Nefarious became slightly unhinged that day only interested in proving his immense powers against his foes the Sentinels, the Protectors and of course Astroman.and his collegues in the Pantheon.

Since that day he has been a force of destruction only stopping to battle his favourite heroes with raids on Panstar labs to feed on the energy needed to keep him both alive and at full power. Stone has learned he is uncontrollable and also vengeful as Lord Nefarious and Stephen Stone have become deadly enemies and every city in the world fears a visit from Nefarious as they get to witness the sight of Astroman’s powers used ruthlessly and for evil ends.