Star Wars 3e

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Task
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Star Wars 3e

Post by Task » Thu May 19, 2011 5:33 pm

Mike5000us wrote:Wow I am really liking this Thread. Great Job so far. I hope you stat up the Deathstar!
I can't turn down my first request :)
Star Wars 3e (Full Conversion)
Characters I Play:
Dark Babylon - Blackhawk
Return to Caldera - Alaina Devereux
Valor City - Intrepid

Mike5000us
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Mike5000us » Thu May 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Task wrote:
Mike5000us wrote:Wow I am really liking this Thread. Great Job so far. I hope you stat up the Deathstar!
I can't turn down my first request :)
You are so F***ing AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Ah man, I guess I'm just going to have to kill you now!"

Task
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Task » Thu May 19, 2011 6:39 pm

A 230 point headquarters. I think that beats anything I've done before. That's 46 equipment points that Emperor Palpatine had to spend to get that thing constructed. It's a good thing he's old now - he can transfer all those physical stat points to it.
Characters I Play:
Dark Babylon - Blackhawk
Valor City - Intrepid

Brianide
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by Brianide » Fri May 20, 2011 9:46 am

Great job, Task.
Check out my builds and my campaign!

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Arthur Eld » Fri May 20, 2011 10:10 am

Minor quibble about the Death Star. seeing as how it was designed to crush planets, its Weaken Toughness should probably have Affects Objects. You can probably get away with Affects Objects only, because what are the odds it'll be used on something with a Fort save?

Task
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Task » Fri May 20, 2011 12:18 pm

Thanks, Brianide.

Good point Arthur. I forgot that Weaken only works on organize in 3e without the extra. I'll add it when I get home. Not top concerned about it affecting organics, even without that element, who in the SWU could survive the Damage 25 effect that comes with it? :)
Characters I Play:
Dark Babylon - Blackhawk
Valor City - Intrepid

Task
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Task » Sat May 21, 2011 12:33 pm

Added Jedi Padawan and Force Adept to the Roll Call thread - but they are also linked in the OP here, as usual.
Characters I Play:
Dark Babylon - Blackhawk
Valor City - Intrepid

Task
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Task » Sat May 21, 2011 2:50 pm

Updates to Force-Sensitivity have made Jedi and Sith rather expensive. This may limit the level of character development that the receive. I was looking to make the generic Jedi at PL 7, but it might require higher just for the power points. I'm loath to increase the power points because I want them to balance with non-Force-using characters.
Characters I Play:
Dark Babylon - Blackhawk
Valor City - Intrepid

Task
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Task » Sat May 21, 2011 6:29 pm

Task wrote:Image
TELEKINESIS
This power is responsible for almost all of the "cool" powers that we see Force-users... um... use. A single application of Move Object handles most of them handily.

Telekinesis: Perception Ranged Move Object • 3 points/rank

Simple and efficient. This allows a character to move an object, force push an opponent, disarm them and throw their lightsaber at them. To simulate more damaging strikes with the Force (not usually seen, but not unheard of either), add the Damaging extra. Force Choke = Chokehold Enhanced Advantage. Force Whirlwind/Repulse = Area. Kinetic Combat (fighting with a weapon using only the Force) = Precise.

:arrow: UPDATE I: Added Chokehold as an optional Enhanced Advantage to simulate Force Choke.
Made some minor updates to this power.
Characters I Play:
Dark Babylon - Blackhawk
Valor City - Intrepid

Task
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Task » Sat May 21, 2011 9:41 pm

FORCE SENSE
This is actually an umbrella of several different powers that all have a similar descriptor: being able to sense the Force in the surrounding area.

Force Sense: Enhanced Advantages 1 (Force Assessment [Expertise: The Force]); Senses 6 (Precognition [Expertise: The Force], Ranged Detect Force), Sustained • 7 points

The following power is a common alternate power to Force Sense (which itself is a common alternate power to the general Force array.

Force Sight: Senses 9 (Accurate, Acute, Concealment Penetrating, Radius and Ranged Mental Sense), Check Required 2 (Expertise: The Force), Sustained • 7 points

Precognition and Force Assessment use Expertise: The Force as their governing ability (instead of a Perception check).
Last edited by Task on Sat May 21, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters I Play:
Dark Babylon - Blackhawk
Valor City - Intrepid

Task
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Task » Sat May 21, 2011 10:23 pm

I made updates almost across the board. Added the Check Required flaw to a lot of powers and reduced costs where possible (I was finding that building Jedi was very difficult at the levels that I wanted them).
Characters I Play:
Dark Babylon - Blackhawk
Valor City - Intrepid

Task
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Task » Wed May 25, 2011 3:33 pm

UPDATE

1) Added a link to the Jedi Knight in the OP (forgot to before).

2) Added the Sith Warrior to the Roll Call thread (link also in OP here).

3) Altered how Djem-So works by changing the Dazed condition to Vulnerable.

Enjoy!
Characters I Play:
Dark Babylon - Blackhawk
Valor City - Intrepid

Task
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Task » Thu May 26, 2011 5:37 pm

VEHICLE COMBAT
The following are updated rules for handling vehicle-to-vehicle combat.

Damage
If a vehicle was targeted by an attack, the pilot is safe from the damage the vehicle suffers. For all combat purposes, the target is the vehicle, not the crew - although the crew can be targeted if they are exposed. The only exceptions are critical hits. Attacks that score critical hits apply the critical hit damage bonus only to the crew (the ship takes the full damage and the critical hit bonus). If a critical chose an option other than the +5 to damage, the crew still makes a Toughness Resistance check against a Damage 0 effect.

Passenger Actions
Passengers in a vehicle (anyone who’s not piloting the vehicle) suffer a -2 penalty to attack rolls as the gunner of one of the vehicle's weapons while the vehicle is in motion. The GM may require an Acrobatics check for characters to maintain their balance in fast-moving vehicles.

Maneuvers
Beyond the normal maneuvers listed in the Vehicles skill entry, the following maneuvers are possible for pilots of some types of vehicles.

Evasive Maneuvers: You can perform evasive maneuvers as a standard action. Make a Vehicles skill check, modified by the vehicle’s size modifier. The result is the Vehicle’s defense until the beginning of your next round. This maneuver does not apply to area or surprise attacks. Being Vulnerable reduces the pilot's skill bonus by half (round up) before calculating their defense total.

Extra Effort: A pilot can try to squeeze more power out of his vehicle. The pilot can exert himself normally, but he must make a Vehicle check (DC 15) to use the Extra Effort with any of the vehicle’s features, weapons or modes of movement. After a successful Vehicle check, the vehicle becomes fatigued (not the pilot) unless the pilot spends a hero point to avoid this. Excessive use of this maneuver can result in more or less permanent conditions that must be repaired.

Outmaneuver: You can attempt to outmaneuver an opponent as a standard action. Make opposed Vehicle checks, modified by your vehicle's size modifier (the opponent uses their own vehicle's size modifier). If you win with one degree of success, you gain an advantageous position (target is Attack Impaired and is Vulnerable to you until he regains position). Two or more degrees establishes a lock-on status (target is Attack Disabled and is Defenseless). You can improve on an existing position with another outmaneuver action on a following turn. Any resulting degrees of success are cumulative, but if you lose, the target breaks free and regains a neutral position.

You are vulnerable to other vehicles while locked in a dogfight (when one of the pilots has an advantageous position). You can maintain a successful outmaneuvering position as a free action each turn (as long as you spend a move action to stay on the target), but cannot perform actions against other targets.

You can break from an advantageous or lock-on position to a neutral position as a free action. If you are unable to take the free/move actions to maintain advantageous position, the target automatically returns to a neutral position. A target can attempt to escape to a neutral position as a move action.

Disadvantaged opponents with rear-facing weapons (noted by the Feature: Rear-Facing) or a gunner ignores the Attack Impaired and Attack Disabled conditions.
Last edited by Task on Sat May 28, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Characters I Play:
Dark Babylon - Blackhawk
Valor City - Intrepid

Task
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Task » Thu May 26, 2011 6:09 pm

ADVANTAGES AND SKILL USES
Not all skills and advantages work the same way in the SWU. Below are the ways that such things are altered, and a few new ones rear their ugly heads as well.

NEW SKILL USES

Expertise: Without an astromech droid, traversing the stars requires a hyperdrive (duh!), a navicomputer and skill in Expertise: Astrogation. An astromech droid can usually handle the complex calculations without a navicomputer, but even they take a -5 penalty when attempting to do so.

Technology and Vehicles: This has already come up so it bears addressing. Technology and Vehicles can be used untrained in normal situations, and the user only needs to be trained when attempting to repair or operation the technology or vehicle in stressful situations. This is RAW for 3e, but it bears repeating here.
Vehicles also has some new options and rules for how they are implemented, found in the Vehicle-to-Vehicle combat section of this conversion.

ADVANTAGE CHANGES
Many of the advantages in the 3e rulebooks are usable in the SWU.

Artificer: Sith alchemy was all the rage 4,000 years before the GCW, or so I hear anyway. Such items were created using this advantage. After creating it, a character can spend power points to make it permanently their's.

Fearless: This advantage does not grant an immunity to fear effects, but rather it grants a +5 bonus to resistance checks against fear effects.

Minion: While the typical lackey can be purchased using this advantage, it can also be used to purchase droids - and is the only way of doing so.

Ritualist: This advantage has no place in an SWU campaign.

Piloting Vehicles: As a special case, characters can use their advantages while piloting vehicles (Redirect to send a homing missile into another target, for instance).

NEW ADVANTAGES

ACE PILOT - COMBAT
You only suffer half of a vehicle’s size modifier when peforming the Evasive Maneuvers action.

COMBAT PILOT - COMBAT
You can perform Evasive Maneuvers as part of the same move action that is required to use the vehicle's mode of movement.

EXPERT GUNNER - COMBAT
You have no penalty to your attack rolls as the gunner of a moving vehicle.

HOLONET TRACKER - GENERAL
You can make Investigation checks to gather information in one minute provided access to a computer connected to the Holonet. You also have the option of using Technology in place of Investigation for the check.

TOP GUN - COMBAT
You only suffer half of a vehicle’s size modifier when peforming the Outmaneuver action. You are not Vulnerable to other opponents while in a dogfight.
Last edited by Task on Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Characters I Play:
Dark Babylon - Blackhawk
Valor City - Intrepid

Task
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Task » Fri May 27, 2011 1:14 am

UPDATE
I did a complete rewrite of the lightsaber forms. Now they are simply advantages that are much easier to purchase for characters.
Characters I Play:
Dark Babylon - Blackhawk
Valor City - Intrepid