Star Wars 3e

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Task
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Star Wars 3e

Post by Task » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:56 pm

legallow wrote:I just wanted to say that I think what you've done here is pretty awesome. It's really made me consider changing my SAGA campaign to MM3e. Will you be posting a link to your 2.0 forum?
Yeah, when I get the time to put it up. I've been really busy lately. When it does come, it'll come in pieces.
Star Wars 3e (Full Conversion)
Characters I Play:
Dark Babylon - Blackhawk
Return to Caldera - Alaina Devereux
Valor City - Intrepid

TheManagement
Henchman
Henchman

Post by TheManagement » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:28 pm

I just stumbled across this thread by accident. For a time, I had a one-on-one campaign going with a friend of mine in the d20 Star Wars game. He has expressed interest in reigniting the campaign, and the nice work you have done has helped my tremendously.
He's going to be thrilled when I throw this in front of him.
Again... nice work.
Thank you,
TheManagement

DaFloh
Bystander
Bystander

Post by DaFloh » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:53 am

Nice work there, I really like what you have done. Actually I am already using part of it for my own SW campaign. I agree that streamlining the force powers would be a good idea.

The Precognition Power should in my opinion be uncontrolled and distracting for most Jedi (except Yoda maybe...), as they normally aren't seen using this abilitiy in a controlled way and most of the time they are distracted by the vision.

Secondly I wouldn't use dodge to resist ion weapons - it allows to disable starships with holdout ion pistols...

Brianide
Firebrand
Firebrand

Post by Brianide » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:12 pm

Welcome to the forums, DaFloh!
Check out my builds and my campaign!

BoosterGold80
Bystander
Bystander

Post by BoosterGold80 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:51 pm

I just happened on to this thread....and my jaw dropped. The wealth of work is pretty awesome! I got rid of my Saga Edition RPG books along with my 4th Ed. D&D books and mostly have been playing Chaosium's Basic, Pathfinder, or M&M 3rd Ed. Those are now my core systems......I now have an awesome conversion for SW thanks to you! Great work, really!

legallow
Bystander
Bystander

Post by legallow » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:30 pm

Just wanted to bump this thread for how awesome it is. Thanks again Task.

Artking
Groupie
Groupie

Post by Artking » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:56 pm

Just found this thread. Much better representation of Jedi than the D20 Star Wars games.

Mister Astounding
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Post by Mister Astounding » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:43 pm

I've been thinking about making a M&M ruleset for Star Wars since 2nd Ed. I'm glad someone was thinking the same thing. These rules should give me a good base to build upon. I was wondering if you can do species as a template for players?

Hedgehog39
Bystander
Bystander

Post by Hedgehog39 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:19 pm

This is awesome. Task, I don't suppose you've collated everything into a single document of some sort?
"Fungah! Foiled again!"
-Bowser

"This is beginning to PISS ME OFF!
Does this place have a never-ending supply of WEIRD STUFF!?"
-Susano Orbatos, Orion

Baal
Bystander
Bystander

Post by Baal » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:15 am

Task wrote:Image
Battle Meditation
This power was introduced in KoTOR and has since seen a lot of popularity in other sources, predominantly the comic books. The following build for it allows for an overall increase in combative ability, but leaves exactly what is increased in the hands of those in combat, which makes for better play in an RPG setting.

Battle Meditation: Burst Area Luck Control 1 (Bestow HP/Luck to Others), Extended Area 8 (1 mi), Luck 3, Check Required 5 (Expertise: The Force), Reduced Range 2 (Close), Selective, Increased Action 2 (Move) • 7 points

Battle Meditation is the most powerful buffing ability in the SWU. To imitate lesser buffs, such as Valor, remove the Extended Area extra.

:arrow: UPDATE I: Gave this ability the Check Required flaw like I'm doing with most Force powers that require concentration. This also brings the cost down a bit, which wasn't the reason for the add (a power like this should probably be expensive just to keep it rare).

I read this:

"Battle meditation was a Force ability which considerably boosted the morale, stamina, and overall battle prowess of an individual's allies while simultaneously reducing the opposition's combat-effectiveness by eroding their will to fight. With the Force, one could coordinate entire fleets of ships, allowing them to perform at maximum efficiency, acting as a single entity with the ability to counter every enemy move quickly and effectively. Though ideal for meditating large-scale conflicts, battle meditation was equally effective when employed for the benefit of one's comrades in small skirmishes, attacks, and duels."

"With sufficient concentration, a Jedi—such as you or I—can strengthen the hopes of our allies and heighten the fears of our enemies…thus,what the armies know in their hearts MUST become true…because they believe it so strongly."
―Odan Urr

On http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_meditation

So this Battle Meditation arent supose to have some kind of Emotion Control that imbues allies with [Hope] and enemies with [Fear] linked with 2 or more tipes of Boost instead of just Luck Control?

Maybe we can use Luck or a Battle Boost to be alternate power of Force Boost. And then Emotion control be alternate power of the Main Force Power in te array. Finaly linking the two powers and creating the Battle Meditation.

I dont know, but i find Luck Control too simple for that effect. Luck Control mechanics dont let you "meditate in the battle" too cause you have to spend hero point, so you wont use that power continuously during a long battle. In fact, you can just enhance a few rounds of a long battle, this effect is too much weak compared to battle meditation in SW history.

Maybe this effect you create has been based on D20 system (wich isnt a good system at all), but if the system contradicts with history... history must prevail

I mean, for other power its ok, cause the core rules alredy suply you with good mechanics. But this one needs proper care.

This is not a critic, its just an improving sugestion as i see it.

Congrats for the great job ;D

XeroKhan
Luminary
Luminary

Post by XeroKhan » Thu May 17, 2012 8:45 pm

You did an excellent job on these. I have but one request though. Can you possibly create the Yuuzhan Vong species, weapons, armor, and so on? The Yuuzhan Vong are my favorite race and I would love to see your version of them. Appreciate your reading this request. I am actually planning on creating a 3e Star Wars campaign an I will be using this as a main scource. Let's just hope it will succeed in popularity.

Common Terms I will use:
>D#: Failure by (1-4) Degree
>EFN (Epic Fail Number): A Natural 1
>Nat 10: Taking a Natural 10 on a specific Skill

chan5e
Bystander
Bystander

Post by chan5e » Mon May 21, 2012 5:36 am

Can u add wookie, ithorian, and selkath. I am starting a game and was using ur stuff and had some folks request those.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Aerlwyn » Mon May 21, 2012 1:08 pm

Not sure what this thread is all about but this is one of my favorite characters from the online Star Wars game.

Ashura Zavros

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Post by roguescribner » Mon May 21, 2012 1:10 pm

I'm playing a Sith Inquisitor who is slowly corrupting poor Ashura. :twisted:
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

Mister Astounding
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Post by Mister Astounding » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Hey, Task! Got any new additions for us?