Kreuzworld- THIS WEEK IN THE UNIVERSE!

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Kreuzworld- THIS WEEK IN THE UNIVERSE!

Postby Kreuzritter » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:25 am

Welcome one and all to my latest attempt at a homebrew mishmash of various RPG sourcebooks into one semi-coherent whole. previous attempts at this include Earth-Taken, and SAS (and more) to freedom city, but hopefully this one will do better, now that i'm getting more feedback for my stuff than libra's ubiquitous praise.

I'm also smart enough to know when somebody's got a better idea than I do, so if you see an idea in here you came up with, that probably means I really liked it.

so, moving on, here's a quick rundown of what i'm using to make up Kreuzworld

Freedom City
Lockdown
META-4
Noir
Paragons
Shards: shattered destiny (from Mecha & manga)
Wild Cards
Algernon Files
Autumn Arbor
Bedlam City
Gestalt
Halt Evil Doer
Icons/Villainomicon
Omlevex
San Angelo
The Authority
Big Eyes, Small Mouth 3rd edition
Bubblegum Crisis
Champions (5th edition)
champions: New millenium
Cold Hands, Dark Heart
Ghostbusters
GURPS supers
heroes unlimited
Robotech
Silver Age Sentinels
Street fighter
villains & vigilantes

and some other stuff i'm still trying to integrate. but as a general rule, if i've got the book for it, I'll try to find some way to fit it in (biggest example, the events of robotech go considerably...different in this reality)
Last edited by Kreuzritter on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:15 am, edited 47 times in total.
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Kreuzworld - this time for sure!

Postby Kreuzritter » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:26 am

this space reserved for the index

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:26 am

also reserved for the index, just in case

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:38 am

So, the first order of business for prospective GM's, are the setting conventions

1) 4 color - 9 times out of ten, the bad guy gets what he's got coming, the hero saves the day, and we'll get back to you on wether he gets the girl or not

2) kitchen sink - all backstories/origins are valid, and in universe are open to debate

3) most of the settings i'm using retain their backstories more or less as-is. obvious exceptions, such as Champions: New Millenium's Proprietor War, will be approached on a case-by case basis

4) some locations will be mixed together. for example, the city and NPC's described in M&M: Noir make up this setting's version of Falconcrest city, while C:NM's Bay City becomes Los Dios, and the upcoming Emerald City will also be META-4's Arcadia

5) some settings will be tweaked to better fit Kreuzworld's superheroics

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:49 am

Ah, the eternal quest for for a better version.

Ares
Hero
Hero

Postby Ares » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:03 pm

Very cool, look forward to see how this turns out.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:03 pm

Kreuzritter, I wish you luck with your creation of a new twist on established settings. :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:40 am

Honestly that's a seriously major undertaking. Personally I'm happy to see San Angelo on there, as I really think that deserves a try despite not being terribly superhero-y.

I'm also biased towards finding out what you're going to do with BESM 3e. It's too bad the company folded before they released the setting companion.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:03 am

well, right now i'm trying to hammer out a rough timeline of events, but i could just skip ahead to listing the major places (first the major super-cities in north america, then the made up countries and 'hidden lands')

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:18 am

I say do what you feel like doing first. I've tried numerous times to force myself to do setting bits which I just wasn't feeling up to, but I find the work flows better if I do what feels best at the moment. Then other pieces will start to suggest themselves and even the bits that I wasn't interested in will be more likely to fall into place.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:47 am

Historical timeline (in progress)
---

65 million years ago - dinosaurs wiped out in meteor shower, which contains among other minerals, Omlevex

2 million BC - Lemurian Empire founded by serpent men

100,000 BC - Preservers visit earth and tamper with genetics

50,000 BC - Preservers make their last visit to earth, create Farside City

20,000 BC - Atlantis is founded by the sorceror-king Atlan, following his defeat of The Adversary

12,800 BC - Atlantis begins to grow corrupt, from a combination of hubris, and growing worship of eldritch abominations such as the Rha'Zhaketh/Entropic Masters. Long time hostilies with Lemuria erupt into war.

10,000 BC - Atlantis and Lemuria destroy each other, both entombed beneath the waves. many of the world's 'hidden lands' (such as Ultima Thule, Hybreedoria, Aerie, etc) are founded by the survivors of this Cataclysm. the arcane energies of the Cataclysm attract the attention of supernatural beings that eventually become the gods and goddesses of ancient myth

10,000 - 20 BC - the Mythic age. gods, heroes and monsters perform great and terrible deeds, shaping the developing civilizations of humanity

9500 bc - the waterbreathing descendants of Atlantis rediscover the surface world,

3000 BC - Daedelus is granted immortality

480 BC - the chase between a Parousian flier and Haud Warship ends with both ships crash-landing on earth. the survivors go into suspended animation, although the Haud Periodicly awaken to make repairs, shore up their numbers, and eventuall make preparations for a long term guerilla war with humanity

first century AD - Master Mage Simon Magus arbitrates the the institution of The Pact, establishing a code of conduct and regulation amongst the magic-users of Earth, which includes a treaty of non-interference with the Pantheons, faerie, and other extraplanar powers. in time, the Pact will become a formal instution, complete with a governing body

479 - 513 AD - the reign of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table

1098 AD - with the approval of the catholic church, the Covenant is formed to protect people from the things that go bump in the night

1314 - Taurus Minos establishes his Labyrinth organization, taking advantage of and profit from the dissolution of the Order of the Knights Templar. secret societies whose roots lay with the Templars founded in this time wage a shadow war with the man-bull

1315 - Temujin, the Iron Khan, nearly becomes the shadow Emperor of the Yuan Dynasty before he's thwarted by agents of the White Lotus Society and/or a party of occidental Adventurers. However, he survives the debacle and not only remains a potent figure in the empire's politics, but rules over his own 'khanate' in the northern territories

1476 - Count Vlad Tepes III becomes Dracula, future Lord of All Vampires

1492 - Christopher Colombus discovers not only the new world, but the Metazon Islands. Unfortunately for spain, the strange nature of the islands prevents them (and the rest of europe) from seriously exploting its resources

1621 - French colonists led by Alexander DuMauge establish a settlement in the Metazon Islands, paving the way for other such settlements

1631 - the town of Freedom is founded

1641 - Autumn arbor, maryland is founded

1773 - the Pirate ("Privateer.") Lord Henry Wyverncrest claims and settles the Drakia islands along the western african coast as the Pax Wyvernia, his psionic abilities a factor in his kingdom's recognized legitimacy

1775 -1781 - American War for Independence

1777 - first contact between Earth and agents of The Network. unfortunately, contact is made with an ambitious charlatan, and the Network's warnings about The Swarm are misinterpreted

1789 - Freedom City, New Jersey is incorporated. the French revolution begins

1830 - Bedlam City, Indiana is founded

1861-1865 - American Civil War

1874 - New Atlantis is founded by the followers of Captain Nemo, and is recognized as part of the undersea Atlantean Kingdoms

1876 - Century Station, florida, is founded as part of America's centennial fervor

1885 - first documented scientific examination of superpowers, after the power granting properties of Omlevex are discovered

1898 - first documented alien invasion, as biomechnical 'tripods' lay seige to england

1908 - the Tunguska event. a strange object of alien origin crashes into the siberian countryside. that's pretty much the only part historians can agree on.

1913 - the Iron Khanate officially seccedes from China as the Iron Khan begins actively plotting world domination. he also has a "falling-out" with his young appentice, Dr. Tzin Sing around this time

1914-1918 - World War 1. although superhuman involvment is almost unheard of in the war, a handful of incidents are enough to convince several governments to begin looking into the creation of super-soldiers.
Last edited by Kreuzritter on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:08 pm

1314 - Taurus Minos establishes his Labyrinth organization, taking advantage of and profit from the dissolution of the Order of the Knights Templar.

Now this is so simple it's brilliant - it's also rather amusing to imagine the Templars being at the root of a conspiracy without being the animating genius thereof (or rather it would be, if they had not for the most part died particularly nasty deaths in the process).
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:59 pm

timeline's updated

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Kreuzworld - timeline (prehistory to WW1)

Postby Libra » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:28 pm

Out of curiosity, might I ask how you decided where you would place on your mental map those setting-cities (like Freedom City or Bedlam) which aren't specifically given a set location within the United States?

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Kreuzworld - timeline (prehistory to WW1)

Postby Kreuzritter » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:43 pm

Liscenced RPGs & sourcebooks
---

Ideally, here i'd be putting the next phase of the timeline, or starting the world tour of all the locales inherent in the setting

instead, well, like the subject says, y'know that case-by case basis i mentioned above? well, I'm going to start going through said cases

The Authority - While I'm still contemplating the use of the Authority themselves, I can say that The Blue of Sliding Albion exist in the Earth-Taken milky way galaxy (and are in fact a subject race of the Stellar Khanate, while the God-creature of 1999 was a true Entropic Master. this malevolent entity was lobotomized, and now seeks Abbadon so that it may unite with its former mate/mistress, the Queen of Terror, more commonly known as Abbaddon, the planet devouring throneworldship/mother of Orkus

Bubblegum Crisis - due to the advances in comic book superscience, the general events of BGC 2030 are occurring 20 years earlier. GENOM is Spartacorp's cheif rival in the asian markets, and the Knight Sabres are a popular band of heroes to Neo Tokyo

Demon City Shinjuku - has happened. Tokyo on Kreuzworld's earth is.. not a nice place, neccessitating the creation of a Neo Tokyo after the Great Shinjuku Earthquake of 1990, althought as of 2000, the Japanese government has begun reclamation efforts to purge the supernatural blight that is the 'demon city'

Dominion Tank Police - Also happening in the 'present day', the tank police are a pilot program being tested out in Century Station (the argument for and against sending them to Bedlam City is because "No one will notice"), and in both old and Neo Tokyos

Dual: parallel Trouble - The EDF operates under the Auspices of UNISON, with the intent of providing anti mecha/kaiju tactics and weaponry, as well as learning the true nature of the "Relics"

El-Hazard: the Magnificent World - is a part of the Lost World

Fushigi Yuugi: the mysterious play and Revolutionary girl Utena - two stories concerned with the dreams and stories of Faerie, and lets leave it at that. Especially the latter.

Ghostbusters: GBI - roughly two years after the "Mood Slime" incident, the Ghostbusters have expanded operations across north america and europe, with a branch office in almost every major campaign city. incidently, GBI's rigid adherence to ghosts as "psychokinetic energy manifestations" is one of their main methods of credibility amonst those who refuse to beleive in the supernatural

Hellsing - the Hellsing group exists as the Anti-supernatural arm of England's Ministry of Powers, answerable only to the Queen. due to the highly classified nature of Hellsing's top Agent, the creature known as Alucard, Many are nervously and justifiably afraid his loyalty may be literal (and king Charles/Wlliam/Harry will be in for a nasty surprise)

Justice Machine - uh, i'll get back to you as soon as I get the time to read the book

Robotech - those who read my 'Earth-Taken" thread may recall my Unique take on adapting this franchise

Serial Experiments Lain - Lain Iwakura, whoever she was/is, is now a being of the Imageria, with all that entails. luckily for travellers, she's one of the nicer entities to be encountered

Sailor moon - happened, as described by Rpg.net poster Shadowjack, who has also summed up Bubblegum Crisis. the Sailor Senshi are among the heroes who remained in old Tokyo and are working to restore Shinjuku to its original state

Street Fighter - I'd like to cover this in more detail, but the main point is that despite the best efforts of a whole lot of people, General M. Bison refuses to stay dead, and thus Shadowlaw remains a threat to this very day

Tenchi Muyo!/Universe/In tokyo - some mishmash of the three. Jurai is part of the Lor Republic and a recognized political power on the galactic scene (but not quite as important as the Emperor Azuza thinks), while the Galaxy Police exists as an alternative to 'private agencies' such as the Star Knights or Galactic Guardsmen

The World of Species - Sil and the creatures described in this book are the result of hybridizing human and Grue DNA following the Grue Invasion

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”