Welcome to the "Working Title?"-verse(Dimensions)

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
ultra8
Cohort
Cohort

Welcome to the "Working Title?"-verse(Dimensions)

Post by ultra8 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:01 am

Well I've finally gotten enough info/material/ to craft my own setting not to mention inspiration from others here for that added spin. Now all that's left is....
1.Coming up with a name for my Verse
And
2.Deciding what to lead with.
Originally when I 1st encountered this site I had a working idea for an adventure ala COIE but tailored to FreedomCity/Champions/Meta4(didn't help that I was re-reading JLA/Avengers at the time or that I had bought both Time of Crisis and Reality Storm at a rpg-con), but as I acquired more stuff it strecthed into it's own Universe(or Multiverse for that matter). Some of the adventure only stuff/characters has become intergrated in a way that I've considered using it as an origin for my verse even though I didn't plan to.

So my question to you my humble audience is how should I start this thread, an outline of my original adventure or a look at things in the universe proper? :|
I leave this up to you....
Last edited by ultra8 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:57 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Who dares wins

"There are 10 million people in the World of Warcraft because Chuck Norris allows them to live."

Resplendent Fire
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Welcome to the "Working Title???"-verse

Post by Resplendent Fire » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:46 am

I like world building before adventure building, but I usually don't create the entire world before I start on adventures - just enough to give the players what they need, and a bit more for my own use.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Horsenhero » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:03 pm

I would say, giving at least an overview of your game universe first is the best bet. A little (or a lot) of design goes a long way toward granting context in which to view the adventure. It also is helpful for you, so that as your players develop their characters they'll have some idea of what is and isn't allowed in your universe. I have found that inevitably, should I decide that say...all super-human abilities are magical in nature, if I don't pass that tidbit of information to my players ahead of time, someone will create a hi-tech, nanobot colony, hero even though everything they've ever played before was a mystic ninja. Just sayin'.

I'm looking forward to seeing a description of the work in progress.

ultra8
Cohort
Cohort

Post by ultra8 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:24 am

Ok, I've got most of my stuff in order. Most of it mined from Freedom City, Meta4, HED!, Algernon Files, a little bit GURPS Super with some Silver Age Sentinels for flavor. With a whole jumble of other fun crap thrown in for some reasons and others because it was thought cool at the time.
Enjoy.

Here's the Basics.

Freedom City is located in New Hampshire.
Normally billed as the "Super-City."
Home of the Freedom League, the Atom Family, AstroLabs, ect.

Freehold is just north of Boston, Mass.
Home of the Splotch, and where the Patriots hang their hats.

Millenium City(formerly most of Northern and Southern Detroit)
Home of the Champions and scenic Ravenswood Academy and city of the Future.

New Amsterdam
Formerly refered to as New York's Ugly step-sister, now refered to as the City of Tomorrow.
Home of Divinos and SpartaCorp World HQ.
Needless to say they have an active rivalry with Millenium City over who's better qualified for the title.
One of the first and few cities to have an active extra-terrestrial population and embessy.

Empire City,NY.
"New York's Older Twin Sister"
Home of the Guard, Matthews Gene-Tech, and infamous Brunnel Iron Bridge.

FalconCrest City, IL.
Home of BlackWing & DawnWing.
Coined as CorruptionCrest City or "Hell on Earth".

Hudson City, NJ.
Home of Libra, The CardSharks, The Bluemoon Killer(HOJ), and other assorted vigilantes and criminals.
Also known as the Pearl city, the Black/Rotten Pearl, and current holder of the title "Hell on Earth" due to them having a serial killer called Chilli Con Carnage who leaves behind some victims as reciepes.

Los Dios, CA.
"Super-Hollywood"
Home of the famous Doc Aeon and a Supernatural/Alien/Celeb hotspot/hang out.

Arcadia is in Ca., just North of Carlsbad and Oceanside.
Home of the infamous Luciferian, fabled Mr. Mystery and Lady Hex, the legendary but now defunct Homefront and Liberty Brigade, and the notorius Murder man.

NEWS OF THE WORLD:[/

-The current state of the world is a year and a half after the Orkus Invasion, the world has been rebuilt, everything has gotten back to normal(well as far as normal gets on a world with robots, men that can fly, and giant monsters), and the heroes that were lost in space during the climax of the invasion have finally returned.
(Pretty much a blend of IC, SI,& 52)

-The Sentinels are active in New York and have sponsored a sister team in San Fransisco tentatively called Sentinels West.

-Due to a battle with the mad titan Thanos there is now at least 5 more Omega(s):
-Good news is they're preoccupied trying to kill eachother .
-Bad news is some of them are even more extreme than he is.

-In the Aftermath of the Orkus Invasion Ruritania has been encased in a forcefield and has a new "self proclaimed" monarch called the "Iron Mask".
-Death Mask III is not pleased

-UNISON has finally gotten the approval to enforce law rather that just gather info and has founded U.N.T.I.L. to handle all international super-crime.

-The Foundation for World Harmony officially doesn't exist....Un-officially however it handles all "off the books" projects, and hunts for all secret and/or thought dead organizations, plans, and doomsday weapons.
(Think O.S.I. or SPHINX from the Venture Bros.)

-BlackWingII was one of the heroes missing in space for a Year, and has returned to find that a new GreyWing has taken his role as the defender of Falconcrest city. Normally he wouldn't be disturbed by this but some of the reports indicate that this new heroes' abilities match his mentor's.

-The Justicars/Pshycotic 7 may be on the roads to redeemation, assuming they survive the experiance. Powerfull and ancient forces are set against them, one of which is determined to see Hecate crowned the new Olympian god of War and has located her daughter for the added insurrence.

-The Defenders...what can be said about them...Let's just say that Mr. Hoppy would have had to be really desperate to summon together his own hero team. :twisted:

-The Game Master Alliance
-what happens when Quirk and Mr. Hoppy find like minded fellows who share their love of fun and games on a reality shaking stage.

Well that's it for tonight.
TV and Sleep beckon. :mrgreen:
Who dares wins

"There are 10 million people in the World of Warcraft because Chuck Norris allows them to live."

RomLoneWolf23
Daredevil
Daredevil

Re:

Post by RomLoneWolf23 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:46 am

ultra8 wrote:Freedom City is located in New Hampshire.
Normally billed as the "Super-City."
Home of the Freedom League, the Atom Family, AstroLabs, ect.

Freehold is just north of Boston, Mass.
Home of the Splotch, and where the Patriots hang their hats.

Millenium City(formerly most of Northern and Southern Detroit)
Home of the Champions and scenic Ravenswood Academy and city of the Future.

New Amsterdam
Formerly refered to as New York's Ugly step-sister, now refered to as the City of Tomorrow.
Home of Divinos and SpartaCorp World HQ.
Needless to say they have an active rivalry with Millenium City over who's better qualified for the title.
One of the first and few cities to have an active extra-terrestrial population and embessy.

Empire City,NY.
"New York's Older Twin Sister"
Home of the Guard, Matthews Gene-Tech, and infamous Brunnel Iron Bridge.

FalconCrest City, IL.
Home of BlackWing & DawnWing.
Coined as CorruptionCrest City or "Hell on Earth".

Hudson City, NJ.
Home of Libra, The CardSharks, The Bluemoon Killer(HOJ), and other assorted vigilantes and criminals.
Also known as the Pearl city, the Black/Rotten Pearl, and current holder of the title "Hell on Earth" due to them having a serial killer called Chilli Con Carnage who leaves behind some victims as reciepes.

Los Dios, CA.
"Super-Hollywood"
Home of the famous Doc Aeon and a Supernatural/Alien/Celeb hotspot/hang out.

Arcadia is in Ca., just North of Carlsbad and Oceanside.
Home of the infamous Luciferian, fabled Mr. Mystery and Lady Hex, the legendary but now defunct Homefront and Liberty Brigade, and the notorius Murder man.
I like your selection of cities. Mind if I copy the arrangement for Earth-Amalgam?
-Exit the LoneWolf

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:35 am

Very nice work here, ultra8, it's beautiful!

I love the nicknames you gave for all these cities.

I think you should call it the Ultraverse.

*thumbs up*
Last edited by Charles Phipps on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RomLoneWolf23
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by RomLoneWolf23 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:37 pm

(post erased. Dunno how to delete)
Last edited by RomLoneWolf23 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Exit the LoneWolf

ultra8
Cohort
Cohort

Re: Re:

Post by ultra8 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:44 pm

......Ok....that's akward... :shock:
But thanks for the compliments.
RomLoneWolf23 wrote: I like your selection of cities. Mind if I copy the arrangement for Earth-Amalgam?
Go ahead, I'd be honored. :D
I tried to make them a bit unique, plus I had to spend some time going over a map to find the right spots. It's easy to forget how many cities their are in one state alone not to mention a country.
Who dares wins

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:46 pm

I look forward to seeing what you have planned.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:18 am

I'm always happy to see another new thread in the Settings Forum as well and am interested in seeing what particular direction you'll be taking your Universe in. :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

ultra8
Cohort
Cohort

Post by ultra8 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:55 am

Ok the 1st look of one of the new faces of villiany.
Enter Neo-Shadow....

A pillar of smoke coming from the top of the GBN news building, soldiers dressed in black hoods with rifles, huddleling masses, a throne ringed with muscle bound, slobbering hulks with what only be described as lightning arcing out of their eyes and a shadowy figure peering into the camera from his seat.
There's just one problem....

Dir.Powers: That's not Overshadow...

Thus begins what the media would later dub "the Rise of the Neo-Shadow". A figure of mysterious origins that not only lead an attack on Freedom City from the heart of it's biggest news center(on Live TV no less) but also managed to escape just as confusingly as he appeared. But not before his minions leveled half the building and fought the combined forces of both the Freedom League and a battalion of AEGIS troopers.
When the dust settled all that was left was rubble, captured agents, the bodies of what would later be called "Ragnarockers", about 2 dozen brain dead clones of the infamous WW2 criminal Wilhelm Kantor and a whole lot of questions.

Needlessly said Overshadow wants to find and tortue this wannabe personally.
Not only has this little stunt comprimised several assets but it's also thrown a wrench into a number of plans that were about to reach their completion. To add insult to injury what few agents they've been able to re-acquire either die unexpectedly or say they were under his direct orders at the time of the incident. To make matters worse this debacle caused a rather violent parting of ways/words with his son, which lead to a rather hasty relocation from Nifelheim(or rather what's left of it).
Now he has to watch everyone like hawk and hunt for moles within his own orginization while his top assasin hunts for this interlopper, which has become even more troublesome since Nacht-Krieger hasn't reported back in weeks.
Overshadow: "What the hell's taking him so Long!?!!@"

Meanwhile....
A turbaned man dressed in silk that seems to be made of living shadows and eyes so red they appear to be the only illumination in the room sits on his throne and waits.

GM Notes:
Al-Khayal
-A mysterious force that manipulates Overshadow's resources to his/it's?? own agendas.
-It's Goals 2-fold to remove this pompus pretender from his throne and enlighten All to the true power of Shadow.
Who dares wins

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:43 pm

Hmmm . . . this does promise to be interesting, doesn't it! 8)
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Cold Steel
Cohort
Cohort

Post by Cold Steel » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:03 pm

Some names for setting=

The Omniverse.
The Primaverse.
Otherearth.

You have to make sure who and where the pcs are in the scheme of things. Are they Champions, Mete4 or part of The Sentinels?
"Fortune favors the stupid!"

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Charles Phipps » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:11 am

I love it.

My guess is Overshadow's cloning has shot himself in the foot.

Al-Khayal is probably an Overshadow clone that gained sentience and converted to a particularly radical form of Islam.

Sadly, his religious conversion couldn't overcome the "evil gene" responsible for so much supervillainy.

:twisted:

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:43 pm

Evil Gene my foot - Overshadow isn't the World's Premier Supervillain because he had to be, he does it because (A) He wanted to show Heru-Ra that a Villain is far more effective than a Hero when it comes to taking care of business and because (B) He enjoys being a Magnificent Bastard.

Evil Gene - phaugh! 8)