The Mightyverse!

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Re: The Mightyverse!

Postby MightyDavidson » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:36 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:I say the Veil's enemies sounds good!

*thumbs up*

That works for me, I'll have to look through my books to see who those might be though obviously a few groups come to mind instantly. I'll see if I can surprise you. :D

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:27 pm

I'm still working on the list of the Veil's enemies, but before I get to that I'd like to touch upon the destruction of Olympiana by Count Reich for a moment. Now we all know that in the canon Halt Evil Doer universe Olympiana was destroyed by a nuculear device that Count Reich somehow obtained. Well in the Mightyverse this is not the case, though Olympiana still ended up destroyed.

No worries, I shall explain.

Count Reich had initially planned to use a nuke on Olympiana but he was unable to obtain one due to the efforts of the Foundation of World Harmony and various superheroes, most notably Protonik, Divinos and Euroforce. Undaunted, Count Reich sought an alternate method to achieve his destruction. In the end he found the two largest conventional bombs he could get his hands upon and enhanced them with dark magic so that they would spew hellfire when they detonated. He then bounds several dangerous and powerful spirits to the bombs, that would be released upon detonation. It worked like a charm, the initial detonation wiped out most of the population and set the island alight and the rest of the population died fighting the monsters. In the end it took the combined efforts of Adrian Eldritch, The Veil and the Freedom League to stop those monsters and to extinguish and purify the island.

The device didn't create as much destruction as Count Reich had hoped but it got Orkus off his back for a little bit, so the undead monstrosity was happy.

He might've been less happy if he knew that the Sisterhood, an order of Amazons who'd left Olympiana in order to secretly defend civilisation, forged an alliance with Dame Michelle Holmes and the Foundation of World Harmony in the aftermath of Olympiana's destruction. Already formidable as it was the Sisterhood will become even more dangerous to Deathhead's plans, and the plans of all villainous orginisations for that matter, with the aid of the Foundation's advanced technology.

Should the Olympians discover an agent of Orkus was responsible for the murder of so many of the worshippers, Count Reich will REALLY be in trouble as it would mean the rest of the Olympians will join Ares and Hades in their war with Orkus, something that would spell great trouble for Orkus' Crusade of Darkness.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:54 am

Alrighty then. I promise that I'll get the Veil's enemies posted as soon as I can and once I get my hands on the new Supernatural Handbook (or whatever the new book's called) I'll see how ARCADE fits into the Mightyverse. You can also expect something regarding the Vampire Nations soon-ish.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:39 pm

I have a question for everybody? Would you be interested in seeing a Rise of the Guardians style superteam in the Mightyverse? Specifically such a team protecting Otherworld and the Imagineria from folks like the Dark Undermaster and the Entropic Masters?

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:27 am

That sounds good to me! :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:15 am

Libra wrote:That sounds good to me! :D

I'm thinking of tying the idea to the Imageria from Paragons and further tying the Imageria to Otherworld, thus allowing all sorts of weirdness to come out of there. It also makes Orkus' plans for Otherworld even more diabolical as he seeks not just to consume Otherworld but to corrupt the entire Imageria, potentially allowing him to seize control of everything!

As for the team itself, I'm thinking a mix of the characters from the movie and some fairytale characters mixed in as well. The lineup I imagined was thus:

Santa Claus
The Easter Bunny
The Tooth Fairy
The Fairy Godmother
Tatterhood
The Eldest Billy Goat Gruff
Puss in Boots

I would of course love to hear any suggestions anybody might have.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:18 pm

That seems as good a place to start as any, but I'd suggest that having both the Tooth Fairy and THE Fairy Godmother on the same team may be a tad redundant, since they effectively fill the same niche.

I would suggest a core membership of Four based around the four major seasons; Father Christmas for Winter, The Easter Bunny for Spring and some Halloween-friendly monstrosity for Autumn. Alternatively you might wish to borrow some of the personifications found HERE through Wikipedia -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Personifications

Best of luck in your write-up efforts! :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:20 pm

That seems as good a place to start as any, but I'd suggest that having both the Tooth Fairy and THE Fairy Godmother on the same team may be a tad redundant, since they effectively fill the same niche.

I would suggest a core membership of Four based around the four major seasons; Father Christmas for Winter, The Easter Bunny for Spring and some Halloween-friendly monstrosity for Autumn. Alternatively you might wish to borrow some of the personifications found HERE through Wikipedia -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Personifications

Best of luck in your write-up efforts! :D

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:41 pm

I do see your point about two fairys on the same team being redundant. On the other hand, if the Legion of Superheroes can have two Kryptonians and a Daxamite on the same team I feel okay with having two fairies. :lol:

Also the Fairy Godmother just pointed out to me that I forgot the person who founded the team: the Masterson Twins' good friend Mr. Fluffy!

(Or was it Mr. Fuzzy? I'm sure somebody will refresh my memory.]

I do like the idea for the core members of the team, though I'm having a hard time thinking of a character to represent summer. Fortunately your link might be able to help. :mrgreen:

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:11 pm

If you want to emulate Ken call him Mr. Fuzzy, if he's wearing his second-favourite form (best described as a Maine Coone capable of doubling as a lion's mane) you can probably get away with calling him Mr Fluffy, but if you want to be polite it's probably best to refer to him as Androcles.

Also, while being polite, do remember he always takes his milk seperate from his tea (he prefers the latter with a twist of lemon, but is FAR too polite to impose) and favours bowls over cups, owing to his habitual lack of an opposable thumb. :wink:

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:30 pm

Duly noted Libra!

I'm still having trouble finding good fits for the Fall and Summer members for the group's core quartet though. Especially because the best choices for a Halloween/Fall character are already running around as villains who'd probably not give a toss about protecting the Imageria and Otherworld. The group will have lots of manpower though, since Santa's Elves, Mrs Claus, some yeti and Svart Piet will also be aiding the cause. As will Knecht Ruprecht when he's not busy with Euroforce.

Speaking of assistance, since Erich Weiss spends a lot of time in Otherworld I figure he'll be a member of the team too.

Any suggestions for Fall and Summer, or any other members of the team you'd like to see, will naturally be very appreciated.

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Phrozen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:11 pm

For summer, Mighty Casey from Casey at the Bat, baseball players as a whole are nicknamed the boys of summer, would be good even though it might be too american.

For fall, Mictecacihuatl which was the Aztec goddess of the underworld and the inspiration for the Mexican Day of the Dead. She is usually represented as a skeleton with a slightly agape jaw. So somewhat scary looking but for the most part harmless just like Halloween.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:40 pm

The Aztec Goddess might work for Halloween but I'm not sure Casey does for Summer. For starters, he actually lost the game he was famous for. Secondly, if I'm not mistaken he threw that game for money and thus wouldn't be the most reliable team mate for a team meant to be protecting the Imageria from the likes of the Dark Undermaster and Orkus.

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Phrozen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:46 pm

No, he just struck out. He didn't throw the game at all.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Phrozen wrote:No, he just struck out. He didn't throw the game at all.

Either way he's not the best choice, in my opinion, as the fourth member of the team's core. He's not terribly magical after all and he's most famous for failing when his team needed him most, the team needs somebody better.

The Father Christmas Letters by JRR Tolkien have Santa Clause mentioning a "Green Brother" who might fill the summer spot but I don't think much was mentioned about him.

My other thought would be having Uncle Sam take the Summer spot. After all, he's the spirit of America and as we all know America's birthday is July 4th.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”