The Mightyverse!

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The Mightyverse!

Postby Libra » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:04 am

Ah-ha, you can't fool ME; all you need to do is visit the Roll Call forum for all the stats you could ever possibly need (and then some!). :wink:
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:06 am

Libra wrote:Ah-ha, you can't fool ME; all you need to do is visit the Roll Call forum for all the stats you could ever possibly need (and then some!). :wink:

I prefer to have officially released stats, for convenience sake.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:21 am

Aaaah! That does explain your list of worlds then - please accept my apologies for any offence my obtuseness may have given. :)
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:39 am

Libra wrote:Aaaah! That does explain your list of worlds then - please accept my apologies for any offence my obtuseness may have given. :)

It's cool Libra, I should've been clearer. :)

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:27 am

I should probably have been quicker on the uptake but you don't see ME admitting that! :wink: :mrgreen:

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:09 am

Baba Yaga

The legend of Baba Yaga is known through out the multiverse, particularly on any alternate Earth that has a Russia or a country similar to Russia. Indeed, even worlds without a Russia know of Baba Yaga as it's not uncommon for her to conquer a country and make it more like Russia when the mood strikes her, as she did with the country of Irrisen in on the planet known as Golarion. She is known as a powerful sorceress, a binder of powerful monsters and as someone known to eat those who get on her bad side.

Even her fellow Entropic Masters step lively around her, though Orkus and Lilith often petition her for aid they're always polite when they do so and Baba Yaga is the only being Orkus has never displayed anger toward. Part of this is due to Baba Yaga's impressive magical skills which are said to dwarf even Mograth's, the other reason is because of Baba Yaga's contributions to the Crusade of Darkness. Though Baba Yaga rarely joins in on the conquest herself she does provide dearly needed troops to Orkus' war effort and more importantly, Baba Yaga's apparent support of Orkus has thus far kept the more powerful members of his court from capitalizing on his apparent weakness after the failed invasion of the Earth.

Her troops are nothing to sneeze at either, as Baba Yaga is known to command legions of evil spirits from Russian mythology as well as supervillains from alternate universe versions of Russia that she's conquered. She's also served by many ogress', who were woman she'd granted powerful magic too in exchange for their good looks. Her most dreaded minions however are her hordes of children and grandchildren and her Three Riders. The Three Riders, dressed in white, red and black respectively, are actually her most powerful minions each of whom is capable of an entire superteam on their own.

Fortunately the three riders are never encountered together. The White Rider is only seen in the morning after the sun rises. The Red Rider only appears during midday after noon is through. Finally the Black Rider only appears at night. If they were ever to work together, they'd be close to unstoppable.

Naturally the Little Grandmother has a great many enemies on a great many worlds but two in particular are especially vexing toward her. Troll of the Sentinels gained his powers as a result of a curse Baba Yaga placed upon his family, what annoys her is that he had the temerity to use that to his advantage. People are meant to suffer under her curses and Baba Yaga spends a great deal of her time trying to make Troll suffer for that reason. The other enemy that vexes her is Battle Czar. Though she's not fond of anybody making themselves a hero in Russia, a Mithran doing so is particularly annoying since he might have the power to actually threaten her. Not only that but Battle Czar has thwarted her minions in Russia since World War II and if the Supreme Commissar isn't going to get rid of him, she'll just have to do the job herself!

greycrusader
Superhero
Superhero

Postby greycrusader » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:17 am

As soon as my laptop is repaired and I have regular access again, I am definitely doing a post on Baba Yaga's elite team of minions ("The Accursed") and a few more of her more ardent foes.

One question for the author of this thread: Mighty Davidson, would you prefer I limit my villain choices to existing characters already depicted in the Mightyverse, or are originals acceptable?

All my best.
The Contingent: When all other super teams fail...

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:48 am

Originals are fine greycrusader.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:48 pm

So for the next portion of the Mightyverse, I'm thinking of covering the Pulp era which will probably lead into the Golden Age of the Mightyverse since the two eras are pretty close together. What do you folks think?

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Voltron64 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:52 pm

I'm down with that.
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:42 pm

The Pulp Era

The era of the 20s and 30s, which featured the rise of the United States of America as a major power in the world, the last gasps of colonialism, the Great Depression, the build up to the Second World War and a series of trends that would eventually result in the Age of Superheroes. It is a much romanticized period with images of valiant gang busters thwarting bootleggers and taking down gangsters, while mysterious masked men lurked in the shadows to thwart evil. However things weren't quite as simple as the magazines and radio shows of the day would have you believe.

While there were great heroes during this period and they did thwart a great many evils, not all the heroes of this era were quite so lucky and more then one supervillain got his start during this period. Men like Dr. Sin, The Crimson Wraithe, Deathmask, and Dr. Prometheus all got their start during this period and managed to wrack up quite a body count despite the efforts of the great heroes who stepped up to battle them. It often seemed that their schemes were only stopped by the slimmest of margins.

Of course the heroes that survived ended up being some of the greatest ever such as Doc Aeon and his Fantastic Five, The Fearless Five, Dr. Atom, Doc Prophet and the members of heroic families such as The Davidsons and the Wildes. During this period great heroes and great villains would rise and fall, the forces of good would start stepping up against the horrible regimes of Hitler and Stalin and great evils would be stopped by the thinnest of margins.

It was a very interesting time and hopefully, you'll all be interested in hearing me talk about it. :)

Mr. Volf
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Mr. Volf » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:07 am

I would love to read more :D
Ven der Volf Man howls!

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:41 am

Mr. Volf wrote:I would love to read more :D

Well that's good, because I plan to write more. :mrgreen:

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:25 pm

The Skymaster

First appearing in the year 1928 in a scheme where he threatened to destroy America's national monuments via aerial bombardment, the man known to the world as The Skymaster quickly became one of the biggest threats to the world during the Pulp Era. Backed by his dreaded Airmada and capable of giving pilots like Cody Wilcox, Matthew Tangent and Avery "Red" Hawkins a run for their money, The Skymaster soon moved beyond money making schemes in favour of working toward his true goal: world domination. With the Skyfortress Cumulus, a truly monstrous zeppelin that could launch planes from within it, and it's dreaded Lightning Gun at his command Skymaster came closer to that goal then many people care to believe.

At the height of his reign of terror, the United States Government would hire Red Hawkins to form the American Eagles to battle this airborne menace. Despite being composed of some of the best pilots in America and having the assistance of the Fearless Five and the Fabulous Five, the Skymaster proved difficult to thwart and as time went on and his reputation grew things got even more difficult as heroes also had to deal with agents of Nazi Germany and Communist Russia, as well as minions of criminal masterminds such as Dr. Fang Shen and Dr. Sin who wanted to seize Skyfortress Cumulus for themselves. Fortunately for the world at large the attention of these foul agencies would cause trouble for Skymaster as well as it tended to reveal resources he wished to keep hidden as well as causing casualties amongst the Airmada that he couldn't recoup easily, as he only accepted the finest pilots.

This would turn out to be one of his biggest mistakes as the American Eagles and other heroes began shooting down members of the Airmada faster then they could be replace while the Fearless Five and the Fabulous Five, amongst other heroes, began targeting the resources that enabled him to field his Airmada in the first place. During this period the Skymaster would be revealed as the son of the Victorian era villain Robur the Conquerer who sought to conquer the world where his father could not. Though he would keep fighting the setbacks began piling up at even greater speed, the most notable one being the defection of his Sky Marshal Lothar von Hagen to the American Eagles, until his organization's back was broken by the discovery and destruction of a second Skyfortress before it could even be launched.

In the end Skymaster and the last of his Airmada would go down fighting, the mighty Skyfortress going down in flames over the Pacific Ocean as the Skymaster himself was shot down by Red Hawkins.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:56 am

Am reading with great interest!

Love the Pulp stuff!

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”