The Mightyverse!

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The Mightyverse!

Postby Charles Phipps » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:30 pm

*sniff*

I only just created it and you made a wonderful tribute to its likely fate.

*holds up lighter in awe*

:mrgreen:

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:34 pm

I hope you enjoyed the Winterweir reference too Charles. :)

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:48 pm

Nice reference.

Orkus: I couldn't destroy it when it had done such a good job of doing so itself.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:36 pm

I don't think Orkus would've destroyed Earth 92 anyway Charles, it's not everyday an Entropic Master finds an entire world lining up to be his minions after all. The ways this planet has made the Crusade of Darkness more dangerous are quite numerous.

For example if you thought Quasimodo was bad before, wait 'till you see what he does now that he has a staff. A quite eager staff numbering in the hundreds of thousands and counting Earth 92's greatest scientists amongst them at that. Not only that but all the resources of the Big 13 are at Orkus' disposal now. He's put one of his cleverest minions in charge of it and now the funds are being used to attempt buy outs of certain factions in the Celetial Commerce Guild!

The scariest thing however is likely this: Auntie Agony is an Entropic Master now. Orkus was so impressed by her that he killed one of his less favoured minions to promote her to that status.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:12 am

Hmmm .... time to find another multiverse then!
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:38 am

Libra wrote:Hmmm .... time to find another multiverse then!

You under estimate the heroes of the Mightyverse sir!

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:07 am

Perhaps I should have said "Time to find another Multiverse until all the shouting, punching and general chaos have been brought to an end by the actions of heroes more in earnest than the Mighty Elect" then! :wink:
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:13 am

Libra wrote:Perhaps I should have said "Time to find another Multiverse until all the shouting, punching and general chaos have been brought to an end by the actions of heroes more in earnest than the Mighty Elect" then! :wink:

Well yes, that would work. Of course in the Mightyverse most of the Mighty Elect happily became Crusade of Darkness stooges. Aunty Agony is actually dating Brother Bedlam.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:23 am

:shock:

On another note, it seems a bit unfair to suggest that NO-ONE dislikes the idea of working for Orkus, even on Earth-92; it's supposed to be an Iron Age world, certainly, but that doesn't mean EVERYONE is an Evildoer, merely that the locals tend to be a bit rough-and-ready, as well as possibly prone to a whole spectrum of peculiarities. At any rate for every Frank Miller caricature condemned to the flames, there may well be an Alan Moore masterwork of characterisation being condemned to the flames (not to mention at least one or two Miller masterworks - the man had SOMETHING once).

. . .

Perhaps I'm just incurably compassionate when it comes to Fictional characters; I will admit to feeling vaguely guilty when it comes to inflicting harsh fates on those subject to my typing/writing.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:29 am

Well Earth 92 IS the sort of place where somebody like Brother Bedlam would thrive. Buzz and Mister Carnae might've laid the groundwork but it was Brother Bedlam who eventually sealed the deal, so to speak.

Brother Bedlam: Not that it was terribly difficult. Can you belive Appolyon thought I, was an angel?

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:52 am

YES - the poor boy ain't that bright.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:58 am

Agreed and while I see the point of your earlier post Libra, Orkus is one of the Big Bads of the Mightyverse and thus needs to have incredibly nasty events happen as a result of his efforts to justify that status. A Big Bad that doesn't actually DO anything isn't that interesting after all.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:00 pm

DOOM

:)

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:59 pm

DOOM and high deeds that may spare the many worlds the destruction nowadays associated with that ancient term for inexorable destiny; this seems likely to enter the life of any superhero.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:03 pm

Yes things are liable to get bad, but don't worry they will get better eventually. After all, I like the Legion of Superheroes FAR to much not to have a version of them in the Mightyverse. :lol:

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”