The Mightyverse!

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The Mightyverse!

Postby Libra » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:08 pm

That IS a bit of a relief, to know that at least the future will be brighter. :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Libra wrote:That IS a bit of a relief, to know that at least the future will be brighter. :D

It will, they'll just have to go through that massive battle against horrible evil first that's all. :mrgreen:

Voltron64
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Voltron64 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:18 pm

MightyDavidson wrote:
Libra wrote:That IS a bit of a relief, to know that at least the future will be brighter. :D

It will, they'll just have to go through that massive battle against horrible evil first that's all. :mrgreen:

Let the record state horrible evil squeals like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_RGh89k3tA

:mrgreen:
Power doesn't corrupt. Power appeals to the corrupt. - Charles Phipps

Certainly it would be a better world if bigotry were rewarded with a straightjacket and a padded cell more often. - Libra

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:07 am

To be fair, quite often Evil does sound like Wilhelm;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdbYsoEasio
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:45 pm

So, who wants to know how bad the evil got before the heroes defeated it? Who wants to know how high the stakes got before our heroes saved the day in this possible future of the Mightyverse? :D

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:03 am

I shall risk my tender sensibilities and ask for more - so long as the Good Guys get their boots on in the end! :wink:

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:43 am

Well as you can imagine, things really started to get bad when Orkus encountered Devilsun. By this point of course Devilsun was well on the road to regaining his full power and the original Devilsun was constantly fighting for control of it's body from Devilsun II and Orkus saw this and knew he could take advantage. Waiting untill the two were in a deep psychic conflict with each other, having pretended to be an ally of Devilsun untill that point so that they'd not suspect anything, he grabbed Devilsun while he was too busy to defend himself physically and ate him. Having literally consumed Devilsun's body it was child's play for Orkus to consume both souls that inhabited the body as well and thus make thier power his own, which in turn easily cemented his powerbase.

With his new power Orkus travelled the multiverse looking for powerful servants to serve the Crusade of Darkness. Now more powerful then he'd ever been in the past, it was child's play to force Hishep-Ratap and Rozarak the Undying to serve him and with them by his side, the Pax Concordians were simply not powerful enough to avoid being conquered and enslaved.

Though it certainly didn't help that a few of the Pax Concordians, Lord Null amongst them, were only to happy to work with Orkus. Not that he really required quislings at this point.

Having thus effectively conquered Middle Zoth, Orkus travelled to the Annihilation Zone and proceeded to recruit the Djinn and the Annihilation Zone villains to his ranks, swelling his ranks to greater and more horrible numbers then ever before especially since the Void Knights joined their ranks when the Djinn did. To make matters worse, Void Knight swords were issued to all Orkus' most powerful minions. With his forces thus empowered, Orkus launched a massive offensive that even Una's forces were unable to do little more then slow down. It seemed that all hope was lost, especially as Orkus managed to enslave Anti Earth, with only The Confederation of Worlds and their associated superheroes standing between Orkus and domination of everything.

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Wow... I'm guessing Jackson and Devereaux saved the day.
Impeach the peach!

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:59 pm

EnigmaticOne wrote:Wow... I'm guessing Jackson and Devereaux saved the day.

No, it was a big alliance of superheroes in a massive battle. A very awesome crossover with the heroes getting quite a few crowning moments of awesome and suffering very few pointless deaths in the process. Once it was all over they formed a Legion of Superheroes style orginisation to defend the Confederacy of Worlds against future aggression from Orkus.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:28 am

You know it might be that this is the very situation where The Fictionals were called upon to summon EVERY Heroic figure from Legend, Literature, Modern Myth et al ... perhaps even SHOULD be (although I admit this is a matter where personal preference is queen or king).

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:51 am

Libra wrote:You know it might be that this is the very situation where The Fictionals were called upon to summon EVERY Heroic figure from Legend, Literature, Modern Myth et al ... perhaps even SHOULD be (although I admit this is a matter where personal preference is queen or king).

Well that does sound thematically appropriate for this situation, on the other hand I don't want to go to that well to often for dramatic reasons. Orkus looks somewhat less impressive if I make it clear that anytime he manages to make a big move he gets buried beneath a tide of Fictional Heroes. It worked for the End's plot involving the Dream Eater (incidently I'm thinking The End and Omega are one and the same in the Mightyverse, he seems like the sort who'd have many names) since that was specifically trying to destroy all stories. Plus, Orkus is still going to be a threat after this since the Legion of Superheroes-esque team I mentioned is going to have to fight somebody.

Rest assured however Libra, that the heroes have not been sitting idle whilst these events took place. :D

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:49 am

One would hope not - that would probably flout every single rule of superhero conduct known to woman-and-mankind! 8)

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:11 pm

Libra wrote:One would hope not - that would probably flout every single rule of superhero conduct known to woman-and-mankind! 8)

Trust me, the heroes will be prepared though I've not thought up every detail just yet. I have thought up the name of the Legion of Superheroes-esque group, another group that helped them and a future development for one of the settings' most important characters, which involves some of the AoW setting info. To tide you over however, I'll provide a list of some of the worlds that make up the Confederacy of Worlds.

Earth M (main Earth for the Mightyverse), Earth 0, Earth 1938, Earth 1986, the Star Kingdom of Camelot, the Grand Republic, the Satrap Empire, Earth 17, Ani-Earth, Earth Gestalt, the Caliphate, Earth Ape, Dinosaur Planet, the Aerie, Earth Paragon and the DCU (pre-Flashpoint of course.)

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:06 am

Sounds like quite the assembly, although I'm surprised poor old Earth-616 has been left out of the lineup! :wink:

MightyDavidson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby MightyDavidson » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:36 am

Libra wrote:Sounds like quite the assembly, although I'm surprised poor old Earth-616 has been left out of the lineup! :wink:

I only include worlds I have stats for. :lol:

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”