Tears of Taija: Short List of Important Demons

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Pandaman
Partisan
Partisan

Post by Pandaman » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:39 pm

An assassins guild... oh joy!

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Psistrike » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:52 pm

Pandaman wrote:An assassins guild... oh joy!
You won't say that when he has them come after us. Once the local ruler finds out about those adepts who escaped the prison, they are going to send beings after us.

MDSnowman
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by MDSnowman » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:52 pm

I'm just happy I finally assessed the current state of all four Elemental Scion groups.

Setothes
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Setothes » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:38 pm

I like the Fated concept. Very neat. The 'great plan' sounds like it could be interesting. Someone invested in a certain future coming about, might find it necessary to seek out and kill these 'Doomed,' to prevent them from stopping their own rise to power...

Random tangental detail;
In Trinity, there was an order of Clairsentients who included many precognitives, and some among them wore a blue armband, signifying that they had foreseen their own moment of death, making them something of an elite subgroup within an already select organization. I love those tiny details that bring a group to life.

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:17 pm

Setothes wrote:I like the Fated concept. Very neat. The 'great plan' sounds like it could be interesting. Someone invested in a certain future coming about, might find it necessary to seek out and kill these 'Doomed,' to prevent them from stopping their own rise to power...
I agree, they seem to have a lot of potential, particularly if you get several groups of Fated in conflict with each other, trying to either change or preserve various futures.
MDSnowman wrote: Name: The Fated

Nicknames: The Seers, the Doomed, The All Seeing

Symbol: Three open eyes
I wonder, how do they end up with that single symbol of three eyes, considering the Fated are several groups rather than one. You have the special symbolic significance of the Third Eye, but for all or a good portion of them to adopt it, there has to be something in the water. Perhaps a historical precendence or something in the future they all saw?
Check out the anime/manga 3e thread
My new Oddballs reborn thread

MDSnowman
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by MDSnowman » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:15 am

How to talk to Dragons

By Lady Helene Disato
High Sage of the Obsidian Citadel, Sorceress Supreme (A list of titles continue but in increasingly small print)

It seems that no sooner than I begin a new project some imbecile manages to find me and ask a question so stupid that it makes my brain try to eat itself. Today’s idiotic query is “Lady Disato what were the dragons like?” That would be a good question if Dragons were actually extinct, but no just because you fools havn’t seen a sixty foot flying reptile in a few centuries you think the dragons have all up and died.

Let’s get the basics out of the way quickly. Some say Dragons were the first sentient race, when I say “some” I don’t mean religious scholars. What everyone does agree on, however, is that dragons are the physical manifestation of the world. Each dragon is tied, spiritually if not physically, to a geographic location somewhere on the planet. In effect a dragon is an extension of that geographic location. Don’t get me wrong, dragons mate and reproduce in conventional manners, but when a new dragon is born they are instinctively tied to a location that is not already claimed by another dragon. For purposes of conversation I like to call these locations Wells.

Now I can hear the collective sigh of relief from all of you. Suddenly dragons make perfect since, if they’re tied to their Well it explains why dragons always lair in the same place for centuries on end, and why heroes have historically had little trouble finding them. If that thought crossed your mind please take a moment to hit yourself, I’ll wait. With that out of the way let me tell you that dragons are not physically tied to their Wells. They are connected spiritually to their Wells, so if something horrible happens to their Well they feel it, and are affected by it physically, which is why Dragons used to seldom leave their Wells. In this day and age, however, dragons realize that fierce, and public, defense of their Well make them targets and prefer to lair further away or defend it more subtly than they would otherwise. This is a direct result of generations of Dragon Hunters throughout Darkon and the Bleak North having generations to observe Draconic nesting habits.

All dragons are naturally very powerful adepts, and their powers stem from their Well. Therefore, if a dragon’s well were The Forgotten Tropics, their magical powers could relate to plants, humidity, rainfall and the like. As a dragon ages it can tap into more aspects of its Well and thus become much more dangerous. A dragon’s magical powers are usually enough to make it very powerful, but they also grow very large, very quickly, and have incredibly thick scales and sharp claws and teeth. As dragons age these physical characteristics become more pronounced. When you combine the magical might of dragons with their physical might it’s easy to see why they are among the most dangerous creatures in existence.

Now being as powerful as they are Dragons have historically had one weakness, they tend to stand out. I’m sorry, but being one hundred feet long with huge wings bristling with scales, claws, teeth, and elemental magic makes one very hard to miss. Dragons have accounted for this as well, but certain promises I have made prevent me from going into more detail about how. The most I can say is that dragons are very much alive and well, and that the world is much richer for their existence.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:50 am

Keep up the good work Snowman. :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

MDSnowman
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by MDSnowman » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:37 pm

Last edited by MDSnowman on Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Psistrike » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:56 pm

Well, that isn't too much pressure to put on our characters. :lol:

MDSnowman
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by MDSnowman » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:01 pm

Psistrike wrote:Well, that isn't too much pressure to put on our characters. :lol:
Bah I turned a bunch of people at a train stop into world saving superheroes last game... this is downright easy in comparison

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:26 pm

We'll take your word for it. :wink:
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Unknown Soldier
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Unknown Soldier » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:25 pm

Pawns in a chessgame between some god-like beings? I don't take kindly to that!

Dreaming Psion
Superhero
Superhero

Post by Dreaming Psion » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:20 pm

Unknown Soldier wrote:Pawns in a chessgame between some god-like beings? I don't take kindly to that!
Hey, Manipulative God-like Beings! We don't take kindly to your types around here!
Check out the anime/manga 3e thread
My new Oddballs reborn thread

MDSnowman
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by MDSnowman » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:09 pm

Dreaming Psion wrote:
Unknown Soldier wrote:Pawns in a chessgame between some god-like beings? I don't take kindly to that!
Hey, Manipulative God-like Beings! We don't take kindly to your types around here!
I think they're too busy determining your fates to listen to you.

MDSnowman
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by MDSnowman » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:52 pm

Game begins in 24 hours....