Pulp Fiction: Boot Hill

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Pulp Fiction: Boot Hill

Postby Libra » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:39 pm

I apologise, but Mr. Volf hasn't posted here in some time.

I'm afraid that what you see is what you get. :(
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

SaintDharma32
Bystander
Bystander

Postby SaintDharma32 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:11 am

Libra wrote:I apologise, but Mr. Volf hasn't posted here in some time.

I'm afraid that what you see is what you get. :(

Poop. I was hoping. Since no one at GR has done a splat for the Pulp Age, this is the closest I've seen to such.
"Without Deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." - Frank Zappa
"Science is not an exact science, Mr. Tangier." Nikola Tesla

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:02 am

Would you like to try posting some of your own ideas for the period here? You seem so interested that it's quite possible that you could inspire others to take a similar interest. :D

You know it occurs to me that aside from old Adrian Eldrich there's been very little said about other soon-to-be-Golden Age Heroes and Villains, despite the fact that they would actually be growing up during this period ...
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

SaintDharma32
Bystander
Bystander

Postby SaintDharma32 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:16 am

That's actually not a bad idea. I am at work right now, but I think I can whip up something later on when I get home.

It seems obvious that Doc Prophet is a Captain Erzatz for Doc Savage, but now I need to figure out what are the erzatzes for The Shadow, The Spider, Agent G-8, Tom Swift, Fu Manchu and Tarzan.

I figure Dr. Sin could be Fu Manchu as he fits the profile and has been around long enough to fit the bill. The rest....I dunno. More data and research is needed.
"Without Deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." - Frank Zappa
"Science is not an exact science, Mr. Tangier." Nikola Tesla

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:16 pm

I'll see what I can do to help, if I can.

Davies
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Davies » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:26 am

SaintDharma32 wrote:That's actually not a bad idea. I am at work right now, but I think I can whip up something later on when I get home.

It seems obvious that Doc Prophet is a Captain Erzatz for Doc Savage, but now I need to figure out what are the erzatzes for The Shadow, The Spider, Agent G-8, Tom Swift, Fu Manchu and Tarzan.

Actually, there's only one confirmed Captain Ersatz of the characters you list in the World of Freedom, and it's kind of obvious who he is. Dr. Sin is the Fu Manchu of the Freedomverse, as well as filling the metaphorical niche of Ra's Al-Ghul. (Since Ra's was intended to be a somewhat updated Fu minus the yellow peril elements, that's appropriate.)

I've generally assumed that the Ghost, mentioned but not described in Freedom City, is an expy of the Shadow, though I do give him some Phantom-like elements. (Handing out skull rings to his agents that have shown up in the hands of their descendants, for example.) Johnny Danger has elements of Tarzan, though most of those are reserved for Zan-Dar (who's more of a Ka-Zar like character.)

The rest are yours to design, I think.
"You are a crazy, manipulative sociopath with no regard for the feelings of others."
"Remember that if you ever get it into your head to hurt her."
-- from Josh & Imp

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”