Established in 2002, the European Academy is governed by the French Republic and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. As per the Vindication Charter, the five founding United Nations members would oversee the administration of the trio of academies—although each school would be built in neutral territory. Due to the location of an existing United Nations Headquarters, Vienna was chosen as the site for the European School.
Many have attested that Geneva, Switzerland would have been a much better choice, given that the city is home to the European Headquarters for the United Nations; cities like London, Vienna, The Hague and Copenhagen have only been home to venues and agencies. However, Switzerland did not become a full member of the United Nations until 2002—after the school was founded. Still, given the scope of Europe’s Neo-Sapien populace, the United Nations has announced intentions to build campuses in London and The Hague, near said offices.
Typically, the New Vindicators Academy accepts any and all Neo-Sapiens between the ages of 13 and 18—however, exceptions have been made for non-NS youth or Neo-Sapiens who manifested their abilities early in life. Not only do students receive a formal education, they are trained in the use of their powers as well as self-defense—allowing them to better protect themselves and loved ones from opponents of Neo-Sapiens.
Size: Huge; Toughness: 20; Features: Chapel, Classrooms, Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Dock, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Hangar, Gym, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space 5, Pool, Power System, Security System, Workshop. Cost: 28 equipment points
Main Level wrote:The school's main level is home to the main offices, the cafeteria, and the humanities/social science lecture rooms.
The school's main entrance is a set of double doors found at Y-12. Once inside, guests can make out the front office (run by Tyson Noble--sort of a jack-of-all-trades for the school). The administrators, Newton and Fischer, have their offices here. There is a main office where they receive guests and an inner office where they can keep whatever they need stored away.
On the other side of the main office are the elevators that descend into the sub level. Up from that is Miss Yavorshak's office, but you haven't met her yet (though a few of you have been demanding her). Beyond that are some of the lecture halls for this department. Each teacher is given their own classroom to outfit as they wish. Each room has cabinet space for them to store any learning materials they may use.
The door marked "L" at G-6 is accessible by the faculty. Here lies the teacher's lounge as well as the entrance to the kitchen where Siege normally is. A counter divides his kitchen from the cafeteria where students can order almost anything.
The greyed out area is for all of the things needed to make the elevators go. I'm not entirely sure what all that requires but... here you go: an all purpose utility room.
On the southern side of the building are elevators that service the upper floors as well as the stairwell that leads to the other classrooms, dormitories and faculty apartments.
Second Floor wrote:This level houses the lecture halls for the natural and formal science classes. Industrial trades workshops are located to the north wall of the building while the computer lab is in the northwestern corner. Here, internet-ready computers are accessible for the students. The library is located on in the southwestern corner.
Third Floor wrote:
Despite that the United Nations defines its official languages as Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Spanish and Russian, all students enrolled at the New Vindicators Academy of Europe are required to learn English for communicating with representatives of other nations.
All Freshman must choose a class from each group and must enroll in a foreign language of their choosing (provided they already speak English). Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors must enroll in any six classes of their choosing per semester, for which they will earn dual credit: their classes count towards their high school diploma and towards a university education.
• American History
• American Literature
• Art History I (Knight): An introduction to art history begins with a look at gothic art before focusing on the Proto-Renaissance period and the High and Late Renaissance itself.
• Art History II (Knight): Picking up where its sister course ends, this class focuses primarily on the birth of Mannerism, the rise of Rococo, and the eras of Enlightment, Neoclassicism, Romanticism, Realism, Impressionism, Post-Impressionism, and modern art.
• British Literature
• Classical Literature
• Early Western Civilization (Ashworth): Taught during the first semester, this course takes the students on a journey to Europe's fledgling beginnings, and focuses on Europe's antiquity, the Middle Ages, Reformation, and the rise of Western empires.
• English (Zlatkovski): A required course for any incoming students who do not speak English.
• Film (Bottom): Examine some of the greatest cinematic films of all time and discuss the techniques those responsible employed. Typically films covered include Metropolis (1927), The Thin Man (1934), Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937), Rashomon (1950), Strangers on a Train (1951), Lawrence of Arabia (1962), Cross of Iron (1977), Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (1988), The Shawshank Redemption (1994), Toy Story (1995), The Matrix (1999), Spirited Away (2001), as well as the class' favorite films (pending approval).
• Literature (Mr. Sonck)
• Modern Western Civilization (Ashworth): Picking up where Early Western Civilization leaves off, this course focuses on the Napoleonic Wars, the growth of imperialism, the Great War, World War II, and the fall of empires.
• Music History (Bottom)
• Philosophy (Mr. McClanahan)
• Religion (Mr. McClanahan)
• Spanish (Zlatkovski)
• Shakespearean Literature
• Theatre (Bottom)
• Anthropology (Mr. Benson)
• Archaeology (Mr. Benson)
• Area Studies (Fitzroy)
• Business Ethics
• Business Skills
• Ethnic Studies ()
• Geography ()
• Political Science ()
• Psychology (Catargi)
• Sexuality (Catargi)
• Sociology ()
• Astronomy (Katz)
• Biology (Carmichael)
• Chemistry (Katz)
• Earth Sciences I (Fitzroy): With a strong focus on geology, students will study the rocky portions of the Earth's crust, as well as its historic development.
• Earth Sciences II (Fitzroy): In the second semester, earth science students tackle ecology, and study how life forms react with their natural environment.
• Earth Sciences III (Fitzroy): Students who pursue a commitment to earth sciences will study the areas of hydrology and glaciology, focusing on the hydrosphere and cryosphere, respectively.
• Earth Sciences IV (Fitzroy): Students continuing their education in earth sciences will focus on meteorology, climatology, and other atmospheric sciences.
• Physics (Ms. Katz)
• Algebra I (Graves)
• Algebra II (Graves)
• Algebra III (Graves)
• Algebra IV (Graves)
• Calculus (Graves)
• Geometry (Graves)
• Systems Science (Manuel)
• Trigonometry (Graves)
• Dance (Bottom)
• Fencing (McClanahan)
• Greco-Roman Wrestling (Papagos)
• Health & Fitness (Carmichael)
• Physical Education (Murphy)
• Automotive Repair
• Computer Sciences (Manuel)
• Electrical Shop
• Graphic Design
• Home Economics
• Metal Shop
• Video Production
• Wood Shop
While students will find themselves presented with the normal curriculum young people their age face, they can also be approved for special electives. These range from special workshops dealing with the finer points of their abilities or classes designed to better hone their skills.
For instance, students with an ability to manipulate gravity, magnetic waves or inertia may have Tactical Telekinesis suggested to them whilst students blessed with area-affecting abilities may be urged to attend courses on Environmental Manipulation.
Students showing an aptitude for leadership may be taught the finer points of diplomacy and conversational skills. Others may be training to pilot unique vehicles or be allowed to take classes on network espionage. Special field trips to Greenland or the Tara River Canyon may be designed to teach survival skills.
During their first year, freshmen are taught to control their powers—regardless of how much prior experience they have with their abilities. At the start of each year, two sophomores are selected by the faculty to compete against each other in the Sophomore Blitz. Typically, these two students are the two who showed the most growth during their first year.
They then choose teams from amongst the remainder of the sophomore class and battle each other in a state-of-the-art holographic environment simulator: the Wreck Room. This ceremony is the inaugural session: all sophomores, juniors and seniors are required to attend a weekly training exercise in this chamber. Here, teamwork and self-defense are taught through a battery of exercises created by their instructors.
Thus far, the New Vindicators Academy of Europe has had a somewhat uneventful history.
The New Vindicators Academy of Europe is staffed by great men and women from across the globe. Mainly, these counselors have been heroes who have defended their homeland at one period or another.
Due to the Vindication Charter, the European Academy (and possibly academies) will be administrated by two Europeans—one representing the French Republic and the other appointed by the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. In 2002, Richard Vogel and Louise Beltron were appointed to these positions. However, Headmistress Belton committed suicide before her first year at the school concluded. By the beginning of the next year, an American, Alan Altair, had been hired to fill her vacancy.
In May of 2008, both headmasters lost their lives in the Apocatastasis War and the United Nations scrambled to find two replacements. Ultimately, England promoted Sir Isaac Newton while Doctor Bethany Fischer represented France.
After the Apocatastasis War, many members of the faculty began serving dual roles: they are both educators and Vindicators.
- • Anders, Corey: In 2007, Mister Anders graduated from the New Vindicators Academy of Europe. Today he serves as both the mathematics instructor and one of the Vindicators.
• Benson, William: Formerly a hunter for the Thule Society, Mister Benson is an archaeologist and teaches anthropology and archaeology.
• Bradley, Evan: The current history teacher graduated from the school in 2007.
• Carmichael, Levi: A recent addition to the staff, Levi came to the school after escaping from an American internment camp. Able to control bugs, Mister Carmichael is now the school’s life sciences teacher.
• Catargi, Iulia: Hailing from Romania, Miss Catargi has the ability to siphon the strength and stamina of anyone she touches and add it to her own.
• Fischer, Bethany: Though an American, Doctor Fischer was chosen to represent the French government as their administrator. She has the distinction of being the only human on staff.
• Fitzroy, Randolph: An Irish Nephilim, Mister Fitzroy teaches earth sciences.
• Gochnuur, Christopher: A nomadic Scotsman, this short-order cook has been almost everywhere—experiencing the local cuisine and women. Possessing quickness, he had adopted his love of food to make him an incredible short order cook.
• Katz, Val: German-born, this Neo-Sapien possesses immunity to heat and flame. She teaches chemistry and physical sciences.
• Knight, Stephen: This Dutchman's Neo-Sapien power has granted him a prehensile tail; he teaches art.
• Manuel, Jesus: Mister Manuel is an Esper with high intellect. He teaches computer sciences.
• McClanahan, Peter: A 2007 graduate, Mister McClanahan teaches divinity and philosophy and also serves the school as its chaplain.
• Nelson, Ronald: Former United States Air Force Captain, Ronald Nelson acts as the school's pilot and teaches a select few how to fly.
• Newton, Isaac: Hailing from England, Sir Newton is currently one of the two headmasters overseeing the administration of the school.
• Noble, Tyson: A member of the 2007 graduating class, Tyson teaches in the humanities department of the institution.
• O’Laughlin, Dana: This diminutive member of the 2007 graduating class now serves as the physical education teacher.
• Popagos, Blaine: A member of the 2007 graduating class, this Grecian teaches political sciences.
• Rodriguez, Hercules: In 2007, Mister Rodriguez became a member of the alumni and stayed on to serve as its maintenance director.
• Sonck, George: An Esper gifted with the ability to process information ten times faster than the human brain, this Finn teachers literature.
• Tally, Samantha: The school’s physician is also the mother of three students—past, present and future.
• Zlatkovski, Esma: Claiming Macedonia as her homeland, the school’s linguistics teacher is an Esper who comprehends all languages.
- • Altair, Alan: Though born in America, Alan Altair considered himself a son of France. The son of French immigrants, Alan staged his death and left his home in the mid-90s for Lyon, France. There, he joined Interpol, openly using his powers to combat organized crime and corruption. After eight years as an agent, Firn retired to sign on as an educator with the New Vindicators Academy of Europe. Less than a year after its founding, former French headmaster Louise Betrone committed suicide and Altair was unanimously ushered into his position.
• Beltrone, Louise: Formerly the headmistress of the school, Miss Beltrone committed suicide before completing her first year of service to the school.
• Tharivol, Alexander: A member of the 2007 graduating class, Mister Tharivol taught theatre until his sudden departure less than a year into his tenure.
• Vogel, Richard: Richard Vogel was born and raised in Kilmarnock in Ayrshire, Scotland. From 1948 through 1980, the ruggedly handsome Scot served as a member of the Royal Highland Fusiliers, retiring as a decorated man for his activity. A proud man, Headmaster Vogel believes fully in his nation’s motto: “nemo me impune lacessit.”
In 2006, the first incoming class of freshman graduated from the four-year institute. Since then, numbers have increased each year—so much so that the European Academy sent ninety-two graduates to participate in the 2007 Trials. Of those, forty managed to survive until the Fourth Trial, which brought the number of representing Europeans to twenty-four.
Class of 2006
- • ALLUMAGE (Claude Delacroix; France): Hailing from France, Claude Delacroix absorbs heat and uses it to fuel his flame aura.
• DIASPORA: Little is known about this Esper (including his real name and nationality), but his ability causes everyone to scatter and separate from their allies.
• DRAG (Camille “Camie” Horne; Australia): A native of Australia, this young woman is blessed with an ability to manipulate friction. At their graduation, Claude proposed to her.
• ROTE (Emma Decker; England): Emma Decker is a born-and-bred Brit with the ability to recreate any learned skill she’s seen.
• TANTRUM (Nadja Fromm; Germany): Hailing from Germany, Nadja Fromm is capable of tapping into reserves of strength when she becomes enraged.
Class of 2007
- • AMNESIA (Kylie Garrett; Denmark): A young woman who's touch can cause people to forget patches of their memory. After graduation, she rejoined society as a teller at her father's bank.
• AMOK (Brian Bentley; Finland): A young man blessed with super-strength and cursed with Down Syndrome, he has since returned to his parent's protection.
• ANTIQUITY (Marie Flannery; Ireland): Capable of manipulating her own age or the age of anything she touches, Antiquity was abducted by the Sixth Reich and used as a weapon against the Vindicators. She lost her life during the ensuing battle.
• AXEION (Scott Axeion; England): A very durable young man who can turn people to stone with a glance, Axeion has traveled abroad since graduation- seeking to become a professional wrestler in America.
• ANTOINE (Antoine Vitesse; France): One of four brothers gifted with super-speed, Antonine returned home after graduation.
• BACKLASH (Tyson Noble; England): Though he spent several months with the American institute, Backlash returned to the European Academy as an educator. He possesses a reflective field that rebounds attacks back at their source.
• BIG BEN (Benjamin Baxter; England): Capable of increasing his size, Big Ben is now employed as a constable at home in England.
• BILE (Jordan Frazier; Australia): His acidic bodily fluids are more bane than blessing. After failing to assassinate one of the Americans during the 2007 Trials, Bile left the Academy and has since been branded a criminal.
• CHARITY (Charity Bennett; Italy): Able to absorb and redirect energy so long as she is in physical contact with her sister, Charity went on to join both the Seven Virtues and a nunnery.
• CHARYBDIS (Scott Fenton; Greece): By inhaling, Scott creates a vortex that begins to draw everything—including the air around him—into his maw, which is actually the portal to a pocket dimension.
• CHASTITY (Chastity Bennett; Italy): As long as she stays in direct physical contact with her sister, Chastity can absorb and redirect damage. Though still dating Kiln, she is a member of the Seven Virtues.
• CONTAGION (Darwin Straus; Norway): Though he possesses immunity to the rigors of all disease and a penchant for inflicting any illness he has on others via touch, Contagion lost his powers during the Trials. He has been missing since…
• DELORES (Mary Roberts; Spain): This young woman is an Esper capable of inflicting pain and anguish with a look.
• DIDGERIDOO (Ephraim James; Australia): Able to manipulate vibrations, Didgeridoo took part in the Trials with the intent to collect the price placed on Lodestone’s head by the Wisent during the 2007 Trials.
• DINGO (Mark Smith; Australia): Another of the Wisent’s would-be assassins, this young man is capable of transforming into an anthropomorphic canine. Like Mutt, a student of the Asian Academy, he is rumored to be the illegitimate son of one of the Vindicators: the Hound.
• EXCALIBUR (David Stennis; England): Able to transform into phalanges into razor-sharp weapons, he earnestly hoped he would be able to win the attention of an accredit super-team such as the Vindicators during the 2007 Trials. He failed to do so when he lost to Backlash and left the school to serve England as a vigilante.
• FEY (Dana O’Laughlin; Ireland): Permanently shrunk to a miniscule stature and blessed with ephemeral wings, this young woman remained with the school as an instructor.
• FRANCOIS (Francois Vitesse; France): The eldest of four quadruplet brothers, each blessed with Super-Speed.
• HUBRIS (Blaine Popagos; Greece): Able to increase his abilities as long as he believes in himself, Hubris stayed on with the school post-graduation, electing to become an educator.
• INDALO (Edmund Cortez; Spain): Able to manipulate colors and become intangible, Indalo was one of the more promising members of his graduating class, however, his team was eliminated during the fourth trial during the 2007 Trials. Since then he has returned to his homeland and acts as a vigilante.
• KILN (Evan Bradley; England): Along with his best-friend Backlash, the flame-throwing Kiln stayed in America for some time before returning to the European Academy as a teacher.
• PARAGON (Dominique Infinity; Italy): After graduation, Paragon left the school and is now considered a criminal. He encountered several of his former classmates and was captured—though he later escaped custody. Paragon possesses flight, super-strength, invulnerability and red hellfire.
• PHOBOS (Jeffrey Carter; England): The twin brother of Deimos, Jeffrey was left with abandoned at birth and raised by a priest in Cheltenham- a spa town in Gloucestershire, England. Like his brother, Phobos is a Nephilim whose black hellfire powers augments his combat abilities. He is now considered a criminal.
• PICT (Peter Andrew McClanahan; Scotland): With the power to bring his tattoos to life, Pict remained with the school after graduation and now serves as the chaplain.
• PILLAGE (Bruce Davidson; Norway): Along with his twin brother, Plunder, Pillage gained super-strength and was both invulnerable and unstoppable so long as he was rampaging.
• PLUNDER (Erik Davidson; Norway): Along with his twin brother, Pillage, Plunder gained super-strength and was both invulnerable and unstoppable so long as he was rampaging.
• QUINTESSENCE (Corey Ander; England): With command over ether, Quintessence can use his powers to create or destroy nearly anything. Unquestionably one of the most powerful individuals to enroll at the school, he has since stayed on and is currently an educator.
• THE RHINO (Alexander “A.J.” Tharivol; Netherlands): A 2007 graduate of the school, AJ possesses the Neo-Sapien ability to turn into any species found in the family rhinocerotidae- living or extinct.
• RUSH (Kasey Clinton “K.C.” Thinruush; Scotland): A super-fast Scottish midget, Rush stayed on with the school until he joined the fight against Apocatastasis. He was killed in battle with the resurrected Nephilim, Amy.
• SCRIMSHAW (Hans Ronke; Sweden): A young man possessing accelerated regeneration and an ability to both shape his bones and pull them from his body. His bones can be used defensively, as weapons, as projectiles or perform a number of tasks.
• STENDHAL (Stendhal Vitesse; France): One of four brothers gifted with super-speed, Stendhal returned home after graduation.
• STONEHENGE (Baxter Clinton; England): Able to transform his flesh to stone, Stonehenge had the potential to become a great hero. He abandoned that to follow his dreams and now studies the culinary arts at Le Cordon Bleu.
• TAEGAN (Taegan Mallory; Greece): Younger son of a green Nephilim, Taegan possesses an uncanny ability to manipulate the bio-chemistry of those he can readily perceive. To help in his abilities, his psionic brother telepathically implanted their dying father’s knowledge as a doctor into his mind.
• TARTESSOS (Jesus Manuel; Spain): Possessing high-level intellect, a knack for developing advanced technology and the power to temporally skip ahead Jesus Manuel is the modern-day name given to this ancient Neo-Sapien. A young man from the legendary island of Tartessos, at the civilization's destruction, his Neo-Sapien powers manifested and he skipped ahead to this day and age. Post-graduation he has remained on with the school as an instructor and lead developer.
• TERPSICHORE (Felicity Venizelos; Greece): After graduation, this young woman left to study abroad in America. She hides her ability to boost the Neo-Sapien abilities of others while studying law at Harvard.
• TORO (Hercules Rodriguez; Spain): The minotaur-like Spaniard stayed on at the school, and currently serves as maintenance.
• TRAUMA (Kyle Lowman; Luxembourg): With the power to force those he touches to relive traumatic moments, Trauma left the academy after graduation and now serves as a priest in his home village.
• TRISKELION (Scott Reiner; Greece): Able to separate himself into three exact copies, Triskelion returned home to work as a cook in his mother's restaurant after gradutation.
• TRISTAN (Tristan Vitesse; France): One of four brothers gifted with super-speed, Tristan returned home after graduation.
• UNGUD (Silas Hogan; Australia): Cursed with snake-like powers and an accompanying appearance, Ungud's team went rogue during the 2007 Trials and has since been labeled as a wanted criminal.
Class of 2008
- • AURIC (Eva Nikulainen; Finland): When her ability to transform living matter to gold first manifested, Eva killed her girlfriend. Since then, the woman made of liquid gold has lived in fear of her ability.
• CERBERUS (Marcus O’Shae; Northern Ireland): A Nephilim capable of duplication, teleportation and summoning hound-like creatures.
• COMET (Janosh Berbatov; Bulgaria): Somber and sullen, this speedster manifests an aura of frictional heat around him as he moves all-out. Though easily manipulated, he is loyal to a fault.
• FOLKLORE (Boy Verhoeven; Netherlands): Renown as the school’s resident geek, this metamorph has the ability to transform into creatures of legend.
• MIND LASH (Gonca Alvadez; Portugal): An Esper whose telekinesis manifests as a pink glow, she typically lashes out with whip-like tendrils formed from psionic energy.
• PLAYLIST (Alexander Schmiddt; Belgium): Depending on the genre of music he’s listening to, Playlist’s powers vary greatly. He frequently relies in a pair of goggles that feed him visual data and allow him to generate illusions.
• SAINT (Maxime “Max” Dupont; Algeria): The son of Samael and a Neo-Sapien woman, Saint’s Nephilim abilities grant him a healing touch, calming aura and spectral mallet while his mother passed him augmented strength and constitution. Once the forerunner of his class, he departed with a mysterious woman and several members of his class have devoted themselves to finding him…
• TINY TANK (Alexi Miatovich; Belarus): With the power to simultaneously shrink and transform his flesh to steel, Alexi is a man with a secret—one he’s willing to kill for…
Class of 2009
- • CATALYST (Emily Adler; Germany): Though the 2011 class originally encountered Emily as an opponent, this young Esper joined the school while she continued to search for her parents.
• DIAMOND DUST (Juozas Cahan; Lithuania): This young man is possessed with the Neo-Sapien power to transform his body into a cloud of ice crystals.
• MILDEW (Matt Meyers; Estonia): Unable to control his Neo-Sapien power to form a creeping layer of mold on anything he touches, this foul-smelling teen has been a social outcast for years. Seeking to conquer his social awkwardness, Matt became a student of stratagem but his social awkwardness and less-than-witty commentary has rendered his tactical opinions less-than-inspiring. He has delved (i.e., read about it on Wikipedia) the occult.
• SIDRA (Alina Amânar; Romania): A master of chess, Sidra has the Neo-Sapien ability to fly and withstand any atmosphere.
• SPRITE (Mira Linden; England): Mira is a relatively well-adjusted girl with the Neo-Sapien ability to manipulate plasma. She comes from an open-minded, albeit poor, family who love and accept her. Her peers often refer to her as ‘happy-go-lucky.’
• VENEFICA (Unknown; America): Able to transmute any chemical into any other chemical, Venefica was first rescued by the rogue Vindicators, and later transferred to the New Vindicators Academy of Europe to finish out her senior year of high school.
• WARDER (Dag Schenkenberg; Sweden): Possessing uncanny alertness, Sven suffers from hypervigilance, a psychological condition that leaves him distanced from his peers. Unbeknownst to him, he has died before; he owes his immortality to his ancestor, Heimdall.
Class of 2010
- • BLUE KNIGHT ("Harry Percy"; Wales): Sidekick to renown British superhero Paladin, Blue Knight is a Nephilim who came to the school with experience in crime solving.
• EIRON (Buddy Kiriakis; Greece): This Lilliputian youth has little restraint when it comes to arrogance. His Neo-Sapien ability compresses his body as he shrinks—making him both strong and tough in addition to diminutive.
• FIORE (Fiore Caspian; Italy): As suave as he is sexy, this hopelessly romantic young man controls flora.
• GALMOR (Mary Ljungdahl; Sweden): Capable of morphing herself into anyone, saying that Mary is not who she seems to be is an understatement…
• MAGNITUDE (Kasimir Flaegler; Germany): With command over the forces of gravity at his disposal, Magnitude has proven that he's more than his impairment and become an indispensable member of the student body.
• MAZE (Ellen Woolf; England): A Nephilim who wields yellow flames, Ellen’s unique ability allows her to displace living beings in an extra-dimensional labyrinth.
• MEZZANINE (Anne Newton; England): The cybernetic daughter of Headmaster Newton, Anne is cold and distant.
• PACHYDERM (Mario Tharivol; Netherlands): This Bibliophile has the Neo-Sapien ability to transform into an elephant. He thinks this is awesome. No one is sure why.
Class of 2011
- • APEX (Cornelis Nooteboom; Netherlands): Cornelis is known for being overtly polite and a bit of a complainer. Uncannily strong and tough, he is also capable of spinning at tremendous speeds.
• CANDYMAN (Vladislav "Vlad" Radikovich; Romania): A farmboy from Transylvania, Vlad has the Neo-Sapien power to cover himself in a crystalline substance that looks, feels, tastes and smells like hard candy.
• CURRENT (Alexander "Lex" Murphy; America): Super-fast and super-conductive, Lex is a survivor of Black Box's nationwide witchhunt.
• EVE (Eve Robbins; America): This attractive young woman's Neo-Sapien powers make her almost as perfect as she believes herself to be.
• FACH (Tatjana Nelson; Germany): This beautiful young woman’s dreams of being an opera singer are on hold while she attends classes at the New Vindicators Academy of Europe and learns to master her sonic scream.
• FELSIC (Pirjo Tähti; Finland): With the power to transform her body into molten rock, Felsic was a member of Laputa, until their downfall. Now, she is in the custody of the New Vindicators Academy.
• FLUXX (Martin B. Curie; France): A young Frenchman with an unstable body and abilities that give him boundless possibilities.
• GAE' BOLG (Randy O'Shae; Ireland): There once was an NS named Randy / who's friends thought he was quite dandy / He could turn into a tree / or control plants with glee / and his teammates thought he was handy.
• GREYSTONE (Jack Rexton; America): Jaded by the events occurring in his home nation, Jack's rugged, survivalist instinct is almost as strong of a trait as his shaping ability...
• IMPASSE (Viktor DeGallow; Spain): This immovable, unstoppable, invulnerable Spaniard is hedonism made flesh.
• LARRIKIN (Australia): A prankster with a dark side, Larrikin is capable of manipulating color.
• LLUVIA (Gaspar Zorrilla e Higueras; Spain): Blessed with an ability to conjure rainclouds, Lluvia has proven himself to be a natural leader.
• MANTICORE (Lexus Rauf; England): With the ability to turn into an anthropomorphic lion covered in poisonous quills, Lexus was once expelled when the previous administration learned of his romantic relationship with his classmate, Cornelis Noteboom. He later joined the terrorist organization, Laputa, only to be remanded to the custody of the New Vindicators Academy following their defeat.
• PARABOLA (Kirstie Arnett; England): A bit of a tomboy, Kirstie’s Neo-Sapien powers allow her to gather and redirect energy.
• PRODIGY (Jason Lamperogue; America): Jason's the brains of this outfit.
• RHEID (Armande; America): Able to transform into liquid rock, Rheid lent his skills to Laputa, only to be placed in the custody of the New Vindicators Academy after the group's defeat.
• URSA (Otso Karell; Finland): After his mother's passing, Otso joined the school in hopes that it would be his best chance of reuniting with his estranged father.
Class of 2012
- • APHASIA (Finnegan “Finn” Wake; Poland): An Esper, the quiet, contemplative Finn can distort communication for everyone around him but himself.
• FRACTION (Gabrielle "Elle" Curie; France): The remaining part of Entier, and considered Martin's little sister. It is theorized that the girl has many abilities she has yet to demonstrate.
• LULLABY (Sarah Nelson; America): An American refuge, Sarah is Fach’s younger cousin and also in possession of sonic abilities: her voice can put people to sleep.
• TROUBADOR (Mike Mitchell; France): Whenever this charming young man plays music, his powers allow him to turn those who hear his song into mindless thralls.
• QUAIL (Douglas Droll; America): Like Lullaby, Quail is another refuge from America.
• QUWAH (Mouloud Poundstone; Algeria): Super-strong, Mouloud practices total pacifism and refuses to commit any act of violence—even to defend himself…
• SHIVER (Violet Lear): The daughter of a member of the British House of Lords, this athletic young girl has the Neo-Sapien ability to generate an area of extreme cold, as well as generate ice.
• TANTIVY (Herta Radikovich; Romania): Super fast, Herta was raised by Radu Radikovich and left to join the ranks of Laputa. Following the terrorist group's downfall, she was remanded to the custody of the New Vindicators Academy.
• VERVE (Astrid Tiel; Austria): An orphan who never tires, Astrid is an expert gymnast who employed parkour in order to survive on the streets of Vienna…
• VESTIGE (Beatrice Marceau; France): This young woman’s eyes see auras left behind in the wake of movement.
Michuru81 wrote:Credit and a huge thank you goes out to two of my fellow board members...
Smashed247 is responsible for taking my characters a bit further. If it were not for him, Pict would not be a chaplain and Hubris would have descended into obscurity, rather than a career teaching political sciences.
If it were not for Manintights and his players, the 2008 graduating class would not exist. The entire graduating class is not my inception but the brainchildren of several wonderfully creative Dutchmen.
Thank you, my friends, for helping to bring this world to life.