Megaverse: The Animated Series

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Ares
Hero
Hero

Megaverse: The Animated Series

Postby Ares » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:18 pm

Medium Sized , Full Sized

As anyone whose read my Mean Streets of Magic setting is aware, I'm a huge crossover junkie. I just love having heroes who normally don't interact come together to thwart evil, fight each other, or just talk to one another. It just makes everything feel so grand and awesome, which was what inspired me to start the Mean Streets setting to begin with. However, as time went on I had the urge to add more and more stuff to that setting, which I established as having five primary sources (Dresden Files, Gargoyles, the 2003 TMNT series, Spectacular Spider-Man, and the Shazam/Captain Marvel mythos). Some of the stuff fits well, some of the stuff would just seem like shoehorning stuff into a setting that I want to have a certain flavor. I have since come up with a method to satisfy that larger crossover itch.

MEGAVERSE: The Animated Series is going to be my own home brew crossover setting, where I will throw in whatever I want in and try to make fit in a solid, coherent way. To make this stand out from similar works, I'm going with the idea of handling the primary setting as if it was a well done, big budget animated series where I didn't have to worry about executive meddling. I'm a huge cartoon fan, and animation adaptations of existing properties often has a way of distilling said properties down to the core fundamentals that make them awesome, or updates them in fun and new ways. So none of what I include will be a 100% direct port of the source material, but that source material seen through the lens of a well done animated series. The primary 'flavor' of the setting will be Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, with a dash of The Batman and Young Justice for good measure. The first season of Avengers: EMH will be the only series considered 100% cannon, with the second season and all additional settings subject to my own interpretation.

Like Mean Streets, this is intended to be my solo stab at this sort of thing, but I do appreciate suggestions, conversation, ideas, questions and even requests. Anything I like will get my own spin put on it and included in this huge world. And for anyone who followed the Mean Streets setting, don't worry; I'm going to revisit that soon as well, and will be splitting my energy between both of these worlds. I still have plenty of ideas for Mean Streets and love that world too much to ignore it forever.

So yeah, welcome to my own little mega-setting. I hope you guys have as much fun with it as I plan to.

*BONUS* First person to correctly identify everyone in that picture can get the hero or villain of their choice done up in that animated style, pending approval by me.

Ares
Hero
Hero

Re: Megaverse: The Animated Series

Postby Ares » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:18 pm

Space Reserved

Ares
Hero
Hero

Postby Ares » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:19 pm

Space Reserved

Ares
Hero
Hero

Postby Ares » Thu May 01, 2014 4:17 am

And naturally I decide to post this just as this forum is closing shop. >_<

Expect to see this and Mean Streets of Magic on the new forums.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”