Imbued: Grand Ideals in a Modern World

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil

Imbued: Grand Ideals in a Modern World

Postby Mechmaster » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:32 pm

The setting has been in my head for a few weeks. It got the ideas from alot of different settings, some I'm probably not aware of. I know one of them is Hosenhero's Night Breed setting and abit from Marvel's Civil War.

The Basics: A short summary of my crazy ideas
Basically, the setting for Imbued is a modern world that has superheros, villains, etc with a mystic or slightly technological source. The U.S. government has instituted a sort of 50 states initiative that places a primary team of "Imbued" to protect that state.

I'll go into more detail about powers a little later, but here is a short summary of the main classifications of powers in the setting:

Aspects: Those whose powers come from their "affinity" to a metaphysical concept. Ex: Fire Aspects, Death Aspects, Honor Aspects, etc.

Paladins: Those whose powers come from a contract made with a powerful spiritual entity, or "deity". Ex: Paladin of Thor, Paladin of Anubis, Paladin of Artemis, etc. THERE ARE NO PALADINS OF GOD OR THE DEVIL.

Baselines: Those without powers or powers that do not fall within the other two categories. They included:

People like Your Batmans, your Ironmans, etc. whose "power" comes from rigorous training, a keen mind, and sometimes extreme wealth.

Altereds: Those who gain their powers from freak accidents, experimentation, etc. They are the Captain Americas, the Flashes, etc.[/quote]

I am open to suggestions and questions about the setting. I have a lot more info to post before this setting is anywhere close to ready, but I wanted to go ahead and post it now.
Last edited by Mechmaster on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil

Re: Imbued: Grand Ideals in a Modern World

Postby Mechmaster » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:18 pm

The Origins of Imbued
Many historical events took place in the same or similar ways as our world. That is, until WW2. As the war started to move into the Allies favor, the Nazis were desperate something to help them turn the tides of war once more. They started investing in various experimental projects and dubious organizations for an answer. One such organization they turned to was the Thule Society, a group of occultists that promised a mystical solution. They proposed that they would summon the power of the "Aryan Spirit itself" to crush Germany's enemies. Weeks after the war ended, the Thule Society finally prepared enough to perform the ritual. As the world tried to slowly wind down from the war, a column of blinding golden light touched down somewhere in Munich. The column only lasted a few seconds before shooting back into the sky, sending a pulse of energy across the heavens. Moments passed in silence as people tried to make sense of what just happened. Suddenly, people across the world were brought to their knees as a sound like breaking glass screamed in their minds. Reports of unexplainable phenomenon sprang up across the globe. A young woman in Beijing, China spontaneously burst into flame in the middle of the street and somehow survived, the only effect seemly was her now ever-burning hair. A construction worker in Austin, Texas catches a falling piece of steel girder in mid-air. He later stated that he heard a voice, calling itself Thor, that gave him his powers in exchange for his service and loyalty. Whatever The Thule Society had done, seemed to have broken the thin membrane that separated their world from myth itself.

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:51 am

The only thing I can add is pointing out that "people empowered by concepts" has been done and published, so you could steal from it if you wanted.

Gestalt: The Hero Within

(I apologize if you already knew about it.)

Mechmaster
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Mechmaster » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:08 am

I didn't know know about this. This could help me alot, Thank you.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:59 am

Good luck with your new thread Mech-Master! :)
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”