Worlds That Never Were

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
Mutie Scum
Bystander
Bystander

Worlds That Never Were

Postby Mutie Scum » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:08 pm

“Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.”
Carl Sagan

I'm grateful to Green Ronin for providing a forum for the settings of superheroes. I don't believe you can separate a superhero from their setting without losing something of that superhero. I'd like to use this thread to add my thoughts on various settings. Use them how you will...
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”-Hunter S. Thompson
"The cream rises to the top. So does the scum!"

Mutie Scum
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Worlds That Never Were

Postby Mutie Scum » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:19 pm

Let me start with a map of a mansion that could be your Wayne Manor or X-Mansion.

You may recognize the mansion below as the real-life Lyndhurst estate. I have added a grid to the floor plans available on the internet. The grid size is 1 square=5' except for the grounds map where 1 square=250' I am leaving the plans at their gigantic size so that you can resize them to the size you need. Although the forum can't show you the full width, they should work fine when downloaded.

Grounds:

Basement:

First Floor:

Second Floor:

Third Floor and Tower:

Roof:

I got this particular floor plan set from Built in America, a fantastic site of public domain floor plans for American buildings courtesy of the Library of Congress.

If there is interest, I will try to put up some more floor plans with more embellishments than this test attempt.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”-Hunter S. Thompson

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:34 pm

You know it's odd, but for all the Worlds and Teams I have helped develop I have never actually done much 'Location Work' as it were; I might have to change that, if I can.

I beg you MS, please post more inspiration! :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Mutie Scum
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Mutie Scum » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:41 pm

Libra, thanks for posting!

I kinda like how the floor plans turned out. I guess great minds think alike. :D

I have gone ahead and started a thread for maps, floor plans and the like in the GM section. Check it out.

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”