META-4 timeline

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.
EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: META-4 timeline

Postby EnigmaticOne » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:08 am

Yeah, that way, sure. Marvel and DC are just swamped though.
Impeach the peach!

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:57 am

Only if one assumes that every character ever published by them exists in the same timeframe! :wink:
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

XLS
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby XLS » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:31 am

A Quick note, as I gear up for a game:

According to the 1e rulebook, there seem to be at least 5 documented "alternate" universes, the different-ness of each from "our" universe can be distinguished by its own version of Protonic:

1) Earth Proto - "Comrade Caspian" * This seems to be a "what if the USSR had been the 'good guys'?" or some such. Here, Protonik embraces a Russian/communist name, but not the same as in "our" universe.

2) Primearth - "King Proton" * APES! 'Nuff said.

3) Anti-Earth - "Neutronik" * This is better documented in the Neutronik write-up in Crooks!

4) Earth Red - "Protonia" * This universe has a female Protonik. It is unclear if all genders are reversed here (perhaps the world is largely matriarchal?)? Or if there is another distinguishing feature of Earth Red and the female Protonik is just a minor feature of this

5) Satellite 3 - "Protonaut" * This seems to be a robot-world where earth is the 3rd satellite from the sun

greycrusader
Superhero
Superhero

Postby greycrusader » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:05 pm

There do seem to be a few more listed in the official books, either explicitly named or implied: the "Earth Adrift" whence hail the power-stealing Damocles and Prof. Panic, a world mostly devoid of superhumans otherwise; the home dimension of Carrion Queen and the Troll King, which operated by very different physical laws; the diabolic realm where exist the creature(s) the Luciferian dealt with to gain his abilities; the unspecified parallels explored by the Courage Unlimited when they left their homeworld.

Reading over the list of active and former Meta-4 superbeings, I realize how many fall into the categories of obvious non-humans, social misfits, deformed/disfigured individuals, and scientific aberrations. I can see it as a campaign word rife with the themes of alienation, social sub-groups, and exploitation of very special individuals. Definite similarities with the Wild Cards setting of George RR Martin, which I had the privilege of working on for Green Ronin in the recent past.

All my best.
The Contingent: When all other super teams fail...

XLS
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby XLS » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:15 pm

greycrusader wrote:There do seem to be a few more listed in the official books, either explicitly named or implied: the "Earth Adrift" whence hail the power-stealing Damocles and Prof. Panic, a world mostly devoid of superhumans otherwise; the home dimension of Carrion Queen and the Troll King, which operated by very different physical laws; the diabolic realm where exist the creature(s) the Luciferian dealt with to gain his abilities; the unspecified parallels explored by the Courage Unlimited when they left their homeworld.

Reading over the list of active and former Meta-4 superbeings, I realize how many fall into the categories of obvious non-humans, social misfits, deformed/disfigured individuals, and scientific aberrations. I can see it as a campaign word rife with the themes of alienation, social sub-groups, and exploitation of very special individuals. Definite similarities with the Wild Cards setting of George RR Martin, which I had the privilege of working on for Green Ronin in the recent past.

All my best.
True, and thanks for your input. I'll have to re-read Crooks! to see what they say about Earth Adrift. And yes, Courage Unlimited clearly travelled quite a bit to alternate realms...

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Settings”