Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

The Crinoverse 2 (End of Part 2)

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.

Re: The Crinoverse 2 (Vigilantes International)

Postby Phrozen » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Gauntlet throwing is what we do here, I think.
Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Kreuzritter » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:26 pm

kenseido wrote:Well I am hoping some of you will play in the Forton game I plan to run after Invasion is over. Its designed so characters can carry over into the Academy game but that is not a requirement of either game.

I am really running it so the players will learn about Forton without me just posting all the details here.

oh do not worry comrade, I have just thought of someone to provide for that
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Yeoman » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:20 pm

kenseido wrote:Well I am hoping some of you will play in the Forton game I plan to run after Invasion is over. Its designed so characters can carry over into the Academy game but that is not a requirement of either game.

I am really running it so the players will learn about Forton without me just posting all the details here.

I'll see. But after Invasion ends I'm starting the cosmic campaign, and will still be in Avengers and Truckin' Titans, so I may not have time.
Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:14 am

Yeoman wrote:I'll see. But after Invasion ends I'm starting the cosmic campaign, and will still be in Avengers and Truckin' Titans, so I may not have time.

I completely understand, and I am not trying to compete with your cosmic game. I have been wanting to do something with Forton for a while now, and the story idea I have really needs to be told before Avengers Academy starts.

I'm not familiar enough with Truckin' Titans to know how much longer the module lasts, but the Forton story is looking to be 4 adventures long, so maybe that will help people decide what to do.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:23 am

only one adventure left to go from the Actual Truckin turtles module, so you guys are almost done there
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:44 am

I'm still working out my character. I want her to have connections to both Chris's dimension and the rest of the Crinoverse, so it's a little wonky at this point.
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:22 am

kenseido wrote:Crinos Emerald City game may be over by the time the book comes out.

Dude, at this point I think official Emerald City would be a let-down.
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:26 am

You are probably right. Still might have some good nuggets in it, plus might be good for my own campaign world.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:39 am

And in my case I'm currently being tired of superheroes outside of anything Crinoverse.
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Yeoman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:21 pm

As a general update, I'm expecting Invasion will likely end over the next two three weeks, so I'll probably put up the Sign up thread in late November, Early August, and the Thread itself likely won't start until the First Week of January, as I have to figure a lot of people will be busy over the Holidays,
Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Phrozen » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:17 pm

Sounds good Yeo. I am still trying to work out Foxfire. It is turning into a more ambitious build then I originally imagined.
Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Postby kenseido » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:39 pm

I will probably put up recruiting for Forton early to mid-November. I don't want to draw attention away from Yeo's game, but I want to make sure it is finished before Avengers ends. The game will be short, about 4 adventures and no one-shots, so hopefully I can get a good number of Crinos regulars to play.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:34 pm

Finally worked out my Avengers Academy character and am posting it here for the purposes of the throw-down or whatever is going on:
Skeleton Key

Some time ago a bunch of Sealed Evils in a Can started corresponding through their minions. They all decided they were tired of always waiting for "the stars to be right" or whatever to try and get out and decided to cheat by creating a key that would work in all their "locks": a skeleton key. To do this they had to make her mostly of random chaos. To ensure she'd be a loyal tool they had her raised by whatever Evils weren't sealed so they'd instill their values in her.

She only turned because she fell in with the wrong crowd.

Specifically a god from the Hazardverse (i.e. where Chris is from) who's area of coverage was the necessity of change in balance. He pointed out that if she was an avatar of freedom then she should get to live her own life free from anyone trying to tell her what to do.

Skeleton Key took the advice and skipped town on her guardians with the help of a conveniently found collar that turned out to be a dimensional transporter.

Insert a whole bunch of years of multiversal and time-travel hijinks that make her hunted by both people who hate her and people who love her.

Then one day the collar malfunctioned. See, Skeleton Key has almost no idea how to make it go where she wants, other than one button, the "Go Home" button, that always sends her back to the Hazardverse. The Hazardverse is not terribly well-known, so it's a good place to hide. Without that safe-haven she'd have to stay constantly on the run. Instead she's opted to come to Earth-409 and spin a cover-story that will get her protection long enough to figure out how to fix the "Go Home" button.

Complications:

Motivation -- Freedom: Mostly for herself: Skeleton Key just wants to do whatever she wants. But she's a nice person so she helps out oppressed people whenever she runs across them (not to mention it's fun foiling dictators).

Hunted -- The Foiled: Whenever one helps the oppressed (whether it be downtrodden peasants or star-crossed lovers) you invariably incur the wrath of people who wanted things to go another way.

Hunted -- For Love: Of course if you're a dashing adventurer you woo people (by intent or accident), there are always those who won't forgive you for it, whether it be because they didn't approve or because they wouldn't take "You're a psycho-b!tch with a living doll fetish" for an answer.

Hunted -- Nagged by Evil: The beings who raised SK aren't pleased that she's not focusing on her studies to unleash unspeakable evil across multiple dimensions. Surprisingly they do this by acting like a stereotypical disapproving family rather than, you know, being evil.
(For her part SK has a warpedly-tolerant view of her family's behavior. This is mostly because while they are evil they are Faux Affably Evil, leaning toward the Affably part, and the fact that they were a functional, if sit-com-ish, family.)

Powers: SK has the ability to open almost anything that can be considered "locked". This not only includes actual locks but any time entry is allowed but impeded. This not only includes locations but also metaphoric concepts such as "locked" hearts. Places where beings aren't intended to get into or out of no matter what don't count.

She would also have some other powers which currently I'm not sure exactly what. Kreuz a version of Vortex's portal blasts in keeping with naming her after a concept from BESM 3rd, but that might invalidate her need for a device to travel dimensions. She might also have some kind of chaos power owing to being created from it.

The dimensional transport collar is really a Plot Device as she can't do anything useful with it.
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:47 pm

Ah yes, the Skeleton Key. I know that concept well. Fun. :D
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:30 pm

That is an interesting concept. I approve.
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Settings