Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Atomic Test Comics

Discuss Freedom City, Paragons, Wild Cards, or your own campaign settings here.

Atomic Test Comics

Postby therealfoxbat » Thu May 24, 2012 7:24 am

Greetings, Earthlings...

I'm extremely new around here...

Once Upon A Time...

I bought a copy of Mutants And Masterminds 2E. It had just come out. (In fact, my copy of the M&M 2E Core Book still needs the Errata Pages.) Unfortunately, my gaming group at the time had absolutely no interest in anything even remotely resembling D20...

My M&M 2E stuff sat around unused for over six years.

Until now...

I have a different gaming group now. (One that's willing to try stuff other than the one or two game systems they're used to...)

So I find myself about to start a campaign of M&M 2E...

With nine players...

Some of which may not be able to play every session.

The idea I came up with looks something like this...

I'm creating a fictitious comic book company...

Atomic Test Comics.

And its associated website... AtomicTestSite.com

For the last four years (not really), Atomic Test Comics has published a number of titles featuring the Super Heroes currently being created by the players. Next Wednesday (I so fracking ***HOPE*** everybody gets their Characters finished by then...) these solo Super Heroes will come together in the first issue of their new Super Team comic.

I'm going to try something new. (At least for us.) The Player Characters will be the primary Super Heroes of the campaign world, to the point that their backgrounds will shape major portions of said campaign world. For example, Captain Awesome (a slightly modified Paragon template) will be the first (and most famous) Super Hero to appear in the campaign world (as per his Player's background description). I've created a bunch of background stuff already, but I'm letting the Players have dibs on the parts of the campaign world that their Character Backgrounds are interacting with.

I've played a number of Super Hero RPGs before (Champions, DC Heroes, Marvel Super Heroes, etc.). Each of them were set in an established campaign world where the PCs had to squeeze themselves into a reality where many of the NPCs (hero and villain) were considerably more powerful and influential.

It's also necessary to create a campaign with a (relatively) large Super Team where sometimes only half of the members can respond to a particular crisis. So...

If one of the Players has to skip a game to finish a term paper or something, then his Character...

Let's say, Flatulence Man...

Needs to take a weekend trip to Uranus to recharge his Super Powers...

I really hope I can pull this off.

If anyone is interested in this, I'll let you know what happens next week...
therealfoxbat
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Atomic Test Comics

Postby therealfoxbat » Thu May 24, 2012 2:10 pm

This may not be the right place for this, but I was also hoping to get some advice on how to run a game for a group about twice as big as I have run before. Any help would be appreciated...
therealfoxbat
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Arkrite » Fri May 25, 2012 9:30 am

The "GM's Eyes Only" thread would probably be the best place to ask for that advice.
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby misterrpg » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:30 pm

This is a great idea. Did you go forward with it?

I was hoping to do something similar to accommodate players/characters not always being available. I also would like to run solo or duo sessions like solo and team-up comics.
misterrpg
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Settings