Kaiju as Player Characters...

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
ronyon
Partisan
Partisan

Kaiju as Player Characters...

Postby ronyon » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:02 pm

Extra Dimensional Movement and Senses plus Subtle,Dimensional Create with the Movable Extra and Feedback Flaw.
I think this could be a way to make Kaiju playable. Strength is not scaled to size, so no PL issues.
You could have a really really huge monster, for cheap, and lets face it being huge is as much of a disability as it is an advantage.
The Dimensional stuff along with the Feedback flaw lets the character remove their frail human form feom combat, with out becoming a bathroom psychic.

So, does anyone see any potential issues?

Greyman
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Kaiju as Player Characters...

Postby Greyman » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:42 am

So you're Creating a giant rubber puppet that you can move around and stomp on things with Create's drop maneuver -- and maybe even swallow opponents with the entrap maneuver.

Sure. Why not?

Anything else however is going to require a summon. You can move a moveable created object, but not pick-up and move things with it, for example.

grod_the_giant
Hireling
Hireling

Postby grod_the_giant » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:28 pm

Are we talking about a ginormous summon effect, or transforming into a ginormous monster?

Also, I feel like it'd be a lot simpler to buy Growth up to whatever level you feel appropriate for PL caps, and then buy more ranks with the modifier Limited: does not affect Abilities.

ronyon
Partisan
Partisan

Postby ronyon » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:29 pm

I was thinking transforming effect,but summoning or giant robot would be fine too.
As far as picking things up, or being something other than a rubber monster,I think Precise and Subtle should handle those issues. Move Object with Precise could be used to make a corpse pick up and fight with a sword, right?
The issue I see is how the attacks targeting things other than Toughness do not bypass the Cover and Concealment provided by the Created Object. Feedback doesn't fix that, but we can just write a quirk into it :Feedback to all attacks , no defense, vs. anything but Toughness.

I see your point about buying Growth, but Growth has a bunch of baggage,I don't want, and Create has a bunch of baggage I do want.
I used to use Growth and Shrinking with Expansion, but I think this could be my new go to for all forms of shape/size shifting.

Creation is very useful, It already is my fix for Area Concealments like smoke screens or darkness fields.
I am considering using it to make better shields than those presented in the books...

Return to “DC Adventures”