The DC world without it's heroes...

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
RobertReaper
Henchman
Henchman

Re: The DC world without it's heroes...

Postby RobertReaper » Thu May 02, 2013 9:19 am

Mr Mole wrote:
HappyDaze wrote:I'd like this idea a bit more if it was the PC heroes that (unintentionally) caused the disappearance and then had to step up to clean up the mess they caused.

I just watched Mystery Men for the thousandth time the other night... What you mentioned kinda reminds me of what happened with Captain Amazing... :shock:

"... Everybody heard me say 'reset button', right?"

"Oh my God... Oh my God, we've killed him..."

"What do you mean, 'we'? I was right here."
"They're finny and funny and oh so delish, they're joyful and jolly JOKER FISH!"

Stigger
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Stigger » Thu May 02, 2013 12:16 pm

That is such a freaking awesome movie... Sky High was pretty funny too, despite the awful things they did with that Modern English cover.

Mr Mole
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Mr Mole » Thu May 02, 2013 4:53 pm

Just one more reason why I love the ATT... This is the only place in my life I can go where anyone has any idea what I'm talking about... :mrgreen: :roll:

The Argent Protector
Comrade
Comrade

Postby The Argent Protector » Thu May 02, 2013 7:12 pm

Mr Mole wrote:
HappyDaze wrote:I'd like this idea a bit more if it was the PC heroes that (unintentionally) caused the disappearance and then had to step up to clean up the mess they caused.

I just watched Mystery Men for the thousandth time the other night... What you mentioned kinda reminds me of what happened with Captain Amazing... :shock:

When I first saw that movie, that moment was a "HOLY CRAP!" moment for me.

RobertReaper
Henchman
Henchman

Postby RobertReaper » Thu May 02, 2013 10:06 pm

The Argent Protector wrote:
Mr Mole wrote:

When I first saw that movie, that moment was a "HOLY CRAP!" moment for me.

Oh yeah! I never expected him to get Psycho-frakulated!
"They're finny and funny and oh so delish, they're joyful and jolly JOKER FISH!"

Cobalt
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Cobalt » Fri May 03, 2013 5:51 am

FuzzyBoots wrote:Oddly enough, there was a Batman story with just that premise. He and Robin accidentally got put into an alternate reality, around the time that Bruce was a child, and learned that the world had simply never had superheroes, not even mythological ones, leading Batman to wrestle with whether he should save his parents in this reality when he knew that his tragic childhood may be the only change at a hero that world might know.

Ultimately, of course, he chose to intervene, and the last few panels showed a young Bruce in the alternate reality training to become a superhero, inspired by the man who saved him and his parents.

I have that comic (phantom stranger takes him there).. I actually still get a tear in my eye when Bats gets to save his parents.. Good stuff

Return to “DC Adventures”