DC Adventures: Universe is here!

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
HappyDaze
Luminary
Luminary

Re: DC Adventures: Universe is here!

Postby HappyDaze » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:32 am

Shadowchaser wrote:*Happydance*!!

You called? What? Oh, right... dance...

RobertReaper
Henchman
Henchman

Postby RobertReaper » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:37 am

I stated this in the errata area but I'm not sure if this is a mess up or intentional so I'm reiterating here.

At both 11,000 Years Ago and 700 AD it mentions King Arthur and Camelot, is this intentional. If it was another location I would probably not ask but with Camelot there is the possibility of Avalon which would allow for possible immortality or at least longer lifetimes.

Also, under 11,000 years ago, it said that it was a "kingdom" called Camelot ruled by a "king" named Arthur. That could mean, possibly, that it was a different kingdom under a different Arthur, though that would be a bit of a stretch.
"They're finny and funny and oh so delish, they're joyful and jolly JOKER FISH!"

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:44 am

RobertReaper wrote:I stated this in the errata area but I'm not sure if this is a mess up or intentional so I'm reiterating here.

At both 11,000 Years Ago and 700 AD it mentions King Arthur and Camelot, is this intentional. If it was another location I would probably not ask but with Camelot there is the possibility of Avalon which would allow for possible immortality or at least longer lifetimes.

Also, under 11,000 years ago, it said that it was a "kingdom" called Camelot ruled by a "king" named Arthur. That could mean, possibly, that it was a different kingdom under a different Arthur, though that would be a bit of a stretch.

Thanks, we'll check that. It was all written by the same person, so it's likely intentional, but I'll confirm with him.
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
DC Adventures Line Developer
That's all I got.

Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Flying Cobra » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:11 pm

It is intentional. The first is a reference to Grant Morrison's pre-Christian Camelot that fought the Sheeda (Seven Soldiers), the second is the more commonly known post-Christianity Camelot that birthed Silent Knight, Shining Knight and Etrigan/Jason Blood.

The first is the legend the second was built from.

AdvocateJack
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby AdvocateJack » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:25 pm

Flying Cobra wrote:It is intentional. The first is a reference to Grant Morrison's pre-Christian Camelot that fought the Sheeda (Seven Soldiers), the second is the more commonly known post-Christianity Camelot that birthed Silent Knight, Shining Knight and Etrigan/Jason Blood.

The first is the legend the second was built from.

FC beat me to it.

RobertReaper
Henchman
Henchman

Postby RobertReaper » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:09 pm

Cool, that is some interesting stuff!
"They're finny and funny and oh so delish, they're joyful and jolly JOKER FISH!"

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Love this book. My favorite 3E book so far. Kudos, guys! 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

HappyDaze
Luminary
Luminary

Postby HappyDaze » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:10 am

I love the information, but the presentation doesn't thrill me. Too many times the stat blocks chop up the text in unfortunate ways that make reading through the pdf a chore.

Superguy
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Superguy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:37 pm

Only had a chance to skim so far but happy with what I'm seeing. Slightly disappointed not to have the DC One Million characters written up, but maybe a talented member of the Think Tank can fix that?

RuleofThree
Hireling
Hireling

Postby RuleofThree » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:02 pm

I snickered at the fact that Terry McGinnis, fully suited up with his high-tech suit with all its bells and whistles... costs exactly the same as an elderly and disabled Bruce Wayne.

Mr Mole
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Mr Mole » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:41 pm

Superguy wrote:Only had a chance to skim so far but happy with what I'm seeing. Slightly disappointed not to have the DC One Million characters written up, but maybe a talented member of the Think Tank can fix that?

I'm pretty happy with the mix of characters that made the final cut. Would've loved to've seen a some Milestone characters like Icon and Static... And a few WildStorm characters would've been nice... And I'm not sure how Doctor Destiny didn't rate his own entry, although he's mentioned in passing in the Gotham City entry. Overall, the books make for a very nice set. :mrgreen:

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:54 pm

RuleofThree wrote:I snickered at the fact that Terry McGinnis, fully suited up with his high-tech suit with all its bells and whistles... costs exactly the same as an elderly and disabled Bruce Wayne.

I'm pleased by that. The suit, to my mind, only ever brought Terry to a level playing field in his era. Batman was the powerless hero taking on all kinds of nasty. In a technopunk(ish) era, he would be outclassed and belief would be stretched way too far. The suit brought him up to be believable when he took on the Jokerz and other nasties, not to mention getting around the Gotham of his era with little more than batlines...

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:47 pm

HappyDaze wrote:I love the information, but the presentation doesn't thrill me. Too many times the stat blocks chop up the text in unfortunate ways that make reading through the pdf a chore.

What method do you use to read the book? Are you reading it on a computer, tablet, or other device? I think it tends to work best in a two-page spread, where it looks more like a book and you can see the text flowing from page to page, but I can see how looking at it as an e-book would make it a bit less elegant.
James Dawsey, Owner and Publisher of Vigilance Press

Look for Vigilance Press on RPGNow.com and Drive-Thru RPG!

Or check out our website for free previews and podcast links!
http://www.vigilancepress.com/

BCDX97
Bystander
Bystander

Postby BCDX97 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:54 pm

It's weird this book came out in PDF the same week the Marvel RPG died. RIP.

I've always been a DC guy anyway!

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:08 pm

BCDX97 wrote:It's weird this book came out in PDF the same week the Marvel RPG died. RIP.

I've always been a DC guy anyway!

Yeah. Two of my friends and Vigilance Press contributors worked on the Marvel game as well as the DC Adventures books. We're all really sad to see the Marvel game go. There was a lot of love poured into those books, and it shows. Even if it's not the kinda system you like to play, it's an amazingly well-produced set of books.

I'm very happy the DC Adventures books have all come together, and proud that I was able to contribute even in a small way to them. I will enjoy my DCA books for years to come.
James Dawsey, Owner and Publisher of Vigilance Press

Look for Vigilance Press on RPGNow.com and Drive-Thru RPG!

Or check out our website for free previews and podcast links!
http://www.vigilancepress.com/

Return to “DC Adventures”