DC Adventures: Universe is here!

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
AlanGunhouse
Bystander
Bystander

Re: DC Adventures: Universe is here!

Postby AlanGunhouse » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:17 am

I have not yet acquired a copy of this work (for budgetary reasons), however I am informed that it is missing both Atlantis and Wonder Woman's home of Themyscira. I was wondering if there is a stat block anywhere for an Average Amazon or Atlantean (Given there are listings for Mars, Durla, and Thanagar, I assume there are stat blocks for Average Martians, Durlans, and Thangarians). I note a listing for Maxima on the 6 page pdf, but not one for her home world (another species whose average listing could be interesting to have).

Do you plan to release these types of thing as errata?

AlanGunhouse
Bystander
Bystander

Postby AlanGunhouse » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:14 pm

I did get a copy of Universe, and it does have a listing for an Average Amazon. Can anyone point me to a listing for an Average Atlantean?

Fists of Dorn
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Fists of Dorn » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:44 am

AlanGunhouse wrote:I did get a copy of Universe, and it does have a listing for an Average Amazon. Can anyone point me to a listing for an Average Atlantean?

There does not appear to be a template for the average Atlantean in the Universe or the basic Handbook. I'd suggest looking to the "Aquatic" power listed for Aquaman for the basic abilities of Atlanteans as well as the Weakness Complication for dehydrating when away from water for extended periods.

Aquatic:
Immunity 3 (Cold, Drowning, Pressure)
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation – Aquatic)
Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision)
6 points

Weakness:
Atlanteans dehydrate/asphyxiate when away from water for an extended time (About an hour for most Atlanteans), becoming impaired, disabled, and finally incapacitated before his condition becomes dying. Immersion in water immediately removes all accumulated conditions.

Also, according to DC's wiki, Atlanteans possess superhuman durability, equilibrium, stamina, and strength. So applying minimums to Agility, Stamina, and Strength cover the last three. The superhuman durability could easily just be folded into the effects granted by the superhuman ranks of Stamina because of how the M&M system handles such things, or you could include a rank or two of the protection power.

Additionally they possess superhuman speed which should translate as ranks of the Swimming power- though not necessarily really high amounts. Considering the added benefits the Swimming power grants, a few ranks is enough to substantially set an Atlantean apart from normal humans.

Lastly, they possess a weak telepathy that allows them to communicate with one another at short ranges. The Communication power, with the descriptor of telepathy, can easily accommodate this. Limit it to others with telepathy; it may require the area and selective extras depending on how Communication is run in your games.

-Fists.

HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Postby HustlerOne » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:45 pm

A typical Atlantean build or racial template was oddly missing in DC adventures. One would think
Ocean Master would have some Atlantean minions to use. I guess Fists of Dorn's Atlantean template
above will be the closest.

Foreshadow
Hero
Hero

Postby Foreshadow » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:26 pm

HustlerOne wrote:A typical Atlantean build or racial template was oddly missing in DC adventures. One would think
Ocean Master would have some Atlantean minions to use. I guess Fists of Dorn's Atlantean template
above will be the closest.

You'd think. It is like not including Inhumans or Deviants or Eternals or Olympians or Asgardians if this were a marvel book. Hello McFly. Limited space? I found plenty of things easily cutable and found myself as I read through HnV vol1/2 thinking I really would like a template for an Amazon, as I'd encounter a character like the amazon bodyguard for Lex (and yes they put her in there but at the time they didn't) and having that template would more easily allow me to stat. Templates are more important I think than the stats for her actual write up as you can take that template and tweak it.

I think the philosophy was 'You have Atrocitous and thus you can make other Red Lanterns', or You have Aquaman and Aqualad and a couple others, go forth and make your atlaneans. Except for the fact that Wonder Woman for example, like Thor is well above the average for their race so no they don't have a 15 strength, probably more like a 10 and then when we finally see the write up wasn't the strength an 8 for an Amazon? So then if you wanted to stat out Loki for example (if this were marvel) you'd take the average and perhaps add a point to it.

those templates are useful.

RomLoneWolf23
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby RomLoneWolf23 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:51 pm

Well, I'm definitely getting this, if only to enjoy a version of the DCU I actually like.
-Exit the LoneWolf

Return to “DC Adventures”