Invincible costunme

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
TheManagement
Henchman
Henchman

Invincible costunme

Postby TheManagement » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:45 pm

So the character I'm making has a quirk to his invulnerability that makes any clothing he wears immune to damage. Beyond the aesthetic of him always looking like a million bucks, it has no impact on gameplay.

Should this be purchased as a quirk, or is it not necessary to pay for?
Thank you,
TheManagement

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Invincible costunme

Postby Black Mamba » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:02 pm

I would buy it as a Feature added to your Invulnerability. There are some times when it might come in handy and give you a minor Circumstance Bonus.
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

TheManagement
Henchman
Henchman

Postby TheManagement » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Cool, thanks for the quick reply!
Thank you,
TheManagement

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:43 pm

I should add that if taring costumes is not something that will happen in the game - because the GM does not put that much detail into descriptions - then I would not worry about it. I would just consider it part of the invulnerability and leave it at that.

In my game if the character had such a Feature I would give him Circumstance Bonuses to Interaction Skill Checks after a big battle - because he is so cool even his costume never gets dirty or destroyed.
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:09 pm

I approve of the Black Mamba solutions

- If its important for your game use the feature power
- If its just a description with no real game use in your campaign, just keep it as descriptor.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Return to “DC Adventures”