Annihilation/War of Kings type storyline in DC

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
crashmurdoch
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Annihilation/War of Kings type storyline in DC

Postby crashmurdoch » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:46 pm

Hey gang

With my DCA campaign about to kick back into gear, the idea occured to me to have a sort of space adventure similar to War of Kings.

What are some of the major space empires in the DCU?
Last edited by crashmurdoch on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Annihilation type storyline in DC

Postby Bladewind » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:58 pm

Space powers if not empires that come to mind:

Thanagar
Warlords of Okaara
Khund
Dominators
Spider Guild
Citadelians

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:02 pm

The wiki list here can give you a nice rundown of alien species in the DCU, and many of them have links to additional information that can be useful when making a space series.
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Earth-Two_Kenn » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:02 pm

And I suppose Adam Strange's adopted planet is some kind of also-Rann?
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net

crashmurdoch
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby crashmurdoch » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:50 pm

- I'm thinking of using Kalanor, the home world of Despero. The Cult of Pytar from the Justice League cartoon would make a great conquering army, and good opposition for the Green Lantern Corps and my PCs.

- The group has an NPC Thanagarian so I might use them for the other side of the conflict.

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:29 am

Earth-Two_Kenn wrote:And I suppose Adam Strange's adopted planet is some kind of also-Rann?

I see what you did there. 8) :mrgreen:
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

TheManagement
Henchman
Henchman

Postby TheManagement » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:51 pm

crashmurdoch wrote:- I'm thinking of using Kalanor, the home world of Despero. The Cult of Pytar from the Justice League cartoon would make a great conquering army, and good opposition for the Green Lantern Corps and my PCs.

- The group has an NPC Thanagarian so I might use them for the other side of the conflict.

That episode of JLA was one of my favorites! It was an awesome way to utilize Despero, and really made a scary villain out of him. I'm gonna go watch that episode right now.

That would work great... though you need to get Captain Comet involved in this somehow. That cult that he was dealing with in the Mystery in Space series would make for a heck of a power player in a cosmic war as well.
Thank you,
TheManagement

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Annihilation/War of Kings type storyline in DC

Postby Black Mamba » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:50 pm

I miss the Justice League animated series soooooooooo much!!!!

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:40 am

Black Mamba wrote:I miss the Justice League animated series soooooooooo much!!!!

And Static.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

grod_the_giant
Hireling
Hireling

Postby grod_the_giant » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:30 pm

There's also Lady Styx, from 52. She and the Stygian Passover are probably the closest thing to the Annihilation Wave in the DCU.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:18 pm

And (shameless plug for my most favoritest game company) several of these empires are listed in the just released DC Universe PDF! Which I love. It's my favorite of the DC books so far.

I was toying with sending the Annihilation Wave against the GL Corps and other DC cosmic heroes, too, if I ever get the motivation.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Return to “DC Adventures”