Animal Man hasn't complications!

Join the never-ending battle for truth and justice in the world's greatest super-hero universe, using the world's greatest super-hero roleplaying game! This forum is for discussion of DC ADVENTURES.
Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Animal Man hasn't complications!

Postby Black Mamba » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:24 pm

Alex_UNLIMITED wrote:But he can use his speed, so even damage 14 with multiattack, right?

No. You can use your speed or a normal Melee attack. You do not get to use both, and you do not get to mix-and-match. So he can do 14 from Speed or he can do 10 from Multiattack with a Slam.
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

Alex_UNLIMITED
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Alex_UNLIMITED » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:27 pm

There are ways to use both speed and multiattack?

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:29 pm

Alex_UNLIMITED wrote:There are ways to use both speed and multiattack?

No. There are PL limits in place to prevent this. The Slam is already giving you a Circumstance Bonus based on movement speed/distance. That is as good as it gets.
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

Alex_UNLIMITED
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Alex_UNLIMITED » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:43 am

Ok, there are 14 damage. +1 normally (so 15) or +2 with full speed (16), right? Basically are 15 damage?
Full speed what means? He must move of rank 20 distance? :shock:

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:05 am

Alex_UNLIMITED wrote:Ok, there are 14 damage. +1 normally (so 15) or +2 with full speed (16), right? Basically are 15 damage?
Full speed what means? He must move of rank 20 distance? :shock:

In order to get a full +2 Circumstance bonus from a Slam you need to be able to move your maximum distance. So Flash needs to be able to run the 4,000 miles to get a +2.

Alex_UNLIMITED
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Alex_UNLIMITED » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:08 am

Ok, but the +1 is always present? If yes, there are eventually 15 damage, not 14.

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:29 am

Alex_UNLIMITED wrote:Ok, but the +1 is always present? If yes, there are eventually 15 damage, not 14.

Now you are getting into the grey area of the rules. Some people interpret it as Yes, and others as No. We do not really know if the Flash example is a mistake or if it is supposed to work like that.

Personally, I allow the +1 Circumstance bonus because a Slam comes with two penalties: you take a -2 to your Attack roll and you take half the Damage yourself.

But I would also point out to you that the Flash is not generally durable enough to do too many Slam Attacks. If he is doing 15 Damage then he is taking 7 of it himself. 7 Damage is a DC 22 attack he must make a Toughness Resistance Check against. The Flash only has 8 Toughness. This means he needs to roll a 14+ to not be injured by a Slam Attack. The Flash can really hurt himself doing a Slam Attack.

Foreshadow
Hero
Hero

Postby Foreshadow » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:56 am

Hey Flash don't beat yourself up over it. :roll:

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:39 am

Foreshadow wrote:Hey Flash don't beat yourself up over it. :roll:

Flash takes everything too hard. :)

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:32 am

Black Mamba wrote:

Must... banish... Rule 34... images... in head.

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:26 am

FuzzyBoots wrote:
Black Mamba wrote:

Must... banish... Rule 34... images... in head.

Shame on you for thinking such thoughts about the Fastest Man Alive! 8)

Alex_UNLIMITED
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Alex_UNLIMITED » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:58 pm

Duplication power: 3 point in the power and 2 on the table. What's wrong?
Can be modified? Can I remove "active" for "heroic"?

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:12 pm

Alex_UNLIMITED wrote:Duplication power: 3 point in the power and 2 on the table. What's wrong?
Can be modified? Can I remove "active" for "heroic"?

The base Duplication costs 3 point per Rank.

You can create whatever type of Duplication you want. The Power in the book is only an example. You can use Summon to make whatever type you wish the character to have. So yes, you can make a Duplicate Power with Heroic. That would cost 4 points per Rank: 2 for Summon and +2 for Heroic.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:22 pm

greycrusader wrote:I would suggest the following as Complications for Mr. Buddy Baker:

Family Man: Animal Man is devoted to the well-being of his wife and children.

The Past Is Not Certain: The reality of Animal Man's origin and background seem to shift from time to time.

Reluctant Crusader:Buddy Baker often finds himself caught up in greater causes, such as animal rights, inter-dimensional calamities, or mystical conflicts.

I was once written by Grant Morrison: Once upon a time you were written by Grant Morrison... Now no matter who is playing Animal Man in a game, no one else at the table is really buying your take on Animal Man... Unless of course you happen to be Grant Morrison. Any action taken by the player of Animal Man can be immediately overturned by the GM, simply by saying "Grant Morrison wouldn't do that"
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:13 pm

saint_matthew wrote:I was once written by Grant Morrison: Once upon a time you were written by Grant Morrison... Now no matter who is playing Animal Man in a game, no one else at the table is really buying your take on Animal Man... Unless of course you happen to be Grant Morrison. Any action taken by the player of Animal Man can be immediately overturned by the GM, simply by saying "Grant Morrison wouldn't do that"

Worst way to get Hero Points. EVER.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

Return to “DC Adventures”